LUST is to "permies"...

bee

LUST is to \"permies\"...

as ? is to "naturals"?

Answer this riddle ladies. I am about 2weeks shy of a year perm free. I have read how LUST gives great slip, and leaves permed hair soft and moisturized. Well, what conditioner gives the same results to those who are going natural or who are natural? (Preferably, in the same price range but will go beyond if the conditioner is the BOMB!)

Re: LUST is to \"permies\"...

For me it would be Pantene Smooth & Sleek. The knots and tangles practically fall out on their own. Tropical Avocado and Lekair Cholesterol make my hair feel super soft and fluffy, but they don't detangle as well as S&S.

I'd have to agree. I've never tried LUST but I can't do without Pantene S&S. I literally LOAD up my hair with this stuff when I wash so I can get the comb thru and thanks to a tip from another member I don't always rinse it all the way out either.

Since I've been transitioning I have not changed my products and I don't think I will when I'm completely natural (whenever that will be:). Back when I was natural I used regular products (Pantene, L'oreal, etc always for dry/damaged/colored hair) and my hair was fine.
I think Herbal Essences is pretty good when it comes to conditioners, Smooth and Sleek from Pantene, I love the Dove conditioner and it smells soo good. I always use drugstore name brands.

I'm 7 months into my transition, and I also love Pantene S & S. I've wanted to try the Dove line, but I was a little skeptical. Does anyone know if their conditioner gives goog slip?

I have yet to try the Daily Defense Tender Apple. I will have to put that on my list to try on my next round of conditioners. I also haven't tried the S&S on my transitioning hair but I do LOVE the Hydrating Curls formula. I'm also curious about Dove. I'll have to watch out for sales in another month.

Oh!! but to answer your question...I'd have to say Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. You actually get a lot more for your money with it over the LUST. If I had to pick a drugstore brand, I'd pick Suave Professionals Humectant, Pantene Hydrating Curls, and V05 Strawberries n' Cream.

My Mom says Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner gives her the most slip she's ever gotten from a conditioner. She's a 4 of some kind.
smile.gif

For me, it is kenra moisturizing, and next is the island spice rinse from Aubrey organics.

Dove's Intense Moisture Daily conditioner (8 oz.?) is really good- it gives good slip and softness. I didn't care their 4oz Intense treatment- it didn't do anything for my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
as DAILY DEFENSE TENDER APPLE is to naturals! (well at least to me!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo! How could I forget that one?! It costs around $1 and it detangles almost as good as Pantene.
smile.gif

WOW! Thanks ladies! I know that eventurally I will break down and opt 4 a more expensive conditioner(I used to buy Biolage @ $13-$16 a pop!)but if my miracle in a bottle can be found on a grocery store shelf @ half the $, then I'd be cooking w/ gas!!

Back