LUSTing For Nothing!

Cinnabuns

I thought that I was all that and a bag of chips when I bought LUST on yesterday at the beauty shop. I remember saying, "I'm so glad I'm buying this stuff which was so highly recommended and I can't wait to try it!" So I tried this stuff last night during my nightly washing and afterwards it made my hair feel so dry and just plain different then when I regularly step out of the shower. I didn’t even give me slip, but I’ll tell you what it did give me…tangles! Maybe I did something wrong? I do daily c/o washes in the evening and maybe my hair is used to same type of conditioner on daily basis (V05 Protein Conditioners ONLY). But however when I used the LUST to smooth out my hair in the morning it did wonders! I think that I would use it for smoothing down my hair for my daily bun style along with the no-brush method (thanx CH
). I think that I will use it for that purpose only. I felt bad that it did not work for me because I wanted it to so badly

Has anyone experienced this with LUST? Or has your hair gotten used to only one type of shampoo or conditioner?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
The first time I tried LUST I hated it!

So it sat there for weeks. I decided to clarify and use it once again and it was like some type of miracle. The comb just fell through my hair. I was in love. My hair felt so smooth and soft I couldn't believe it.

Cinnabuns

Maybe you're right dontspeakdefeat, I MAY give LUST another shot. But my hair really likes proteins in a major way and does not respond well to silicones (which is found in LUST). Could it be that my hair is trying to tell me something? Maybe if I'm quiet I can listen more clearly

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Did you use heat? I found that LUST works best for me when it's left on for a short time w/o heat.
I also like using a small amount for smoothing my hair back. I can smell it all day.

Cinnabuns

Well sassygirl125,
I have officially given up heat for two years and I haven't used any heating appliances on my hair in months.

skegeesmb

I had a similar experience. So what I did was use it after my conditioner but before doing a deep conditioner. It worked with taming my frizz, but it didn't tangle as bad.

Try that, it might make a difference.

Britt

[ QUOTE ]
MzThang said:
Excuse me, but I am fairly new - What is LUST?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUST is an acronym for Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. Many members on the board use it as a moisturizing conditioner. I use it as a leave in and love it.

TBird

So is it okay to use LUST on dry hair to smooth it and as a leave in? I have some but I didn't like what it did to my hair as a deep conditioning treatment.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
So is it okay to use LUST on dry hair to smooth it and as a leave in? I have some but I didn't like what it did to my hair as a deep conditioning treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it once as a leave in to smooth my hair and I think I put a little too much because my hair felt a little coated and hard later. I think it could work though, the key is probably to just use a dab.

Angelicus

i love it as a leave in. I have a picture of what LUST can do in my latest picture in my photo album. *Homer Simpson Drool*

Lindy

I tried LUST in the past and I didn't care for it either... I never could see what all the raves were about...

miss_brown

You're not alone, Cinnabuns. Rarely did it work fairly well on my hair, but I think that was only because I used a good detangling shampoo before
Overall, I didn't like it enough to repurchase. Hopefully it will work better for you with some of these ladies' suggestions.