LUSTing For Nothing!

Cinnabuns

I thought that I was all that and a bag of chips when I bought LUST on yesterday at the beauty shop. I remember saying, "I'm so glad I'm buying this stuff which was so highly recommended and I can't wait to try it!" So I tried this stuff last night during my nightly washing and afterwards it made my hair feel so dry and just plain different then when I regularly step out of the shower. I didn’t even give me slip, but I’ll tell you what it did give me…tangles! Maybe I did something wrong? I do daily c/o washes in the evening and maybe my hair is used to same type of conditioner on daily basis (V05 Protein Conditioners ONLY). But however when I used the LUST to smooth out my hair in the morning it did wonders! I think that I would use it for smoothing down my hair for my daily bun style along with the no-brush method (thanx CH
wink.gif
). I think that I will use it for that purpose only. I felt bad that it did not work for me because I wanted it to so badly
frown.gif

Has anyone experienced this with LUST? Or has your hair gotten used to only one type of shampoo or conditioner?

The first time I tried LUST I hated it!

So it sat there for weeks. I decided to clarify and use it once again and it was like some type of miracle. The comb just fell through my hair. I was in love. My hair felt so smooth and soft I couldn't believe it.

Maybe you're right dontspeakdefeat, I MAY give LUST another shot. But my hair really likes proteins in a major way and does not respond well to silicones (which is found in LUST). Could it be that my hair is trying to tell me something? Maybe if I'm quiet I can listen more clearly
smile.gif

Did you use heat? I found that LUST works best for me when it's left on for a short time w/o heat.
smile.gif
I also like using a small amount for smoothing my hair back. I can smell it all day.
love.gif

Well sassygirl125,
I have officially given up heat for two years and I haven't used any heating appliances on my hair in months.

I had a similar experience. So what I did was use it after my conditioner but before doing a deep conditioner. It worked with taming my frizz, but it didn't tangle as bad.

Try that, it might make a difference.

[ QUOTE ]
MzThang said:
Excuse me, but I am fairly new - What is LUST?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUST is an acronym for Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment. Many members on the board use it as a moisturizing conditioner. I use it as a leave in and love it.

So is it okay to use LUST on dry hair to smooth it and as a leave in? I have some but I didn't like what it did to my hair as a deep conditioning treatment.

[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
So is it okay to use LUST on dry hair to smooth it and as a leave in? I have some but I didn't like what it did to my hair as a deep conditioning treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it once as a leave in to smooth my hair and I think I put a little too much because my hair felt a little coated and hard later. I think it could work though, the key is probably to just use a dab.

i love it as a leave in. I have a picture of what LUST can do in my latest picture in my photo album. *Homer Simpson Drool*

I tried LUST in the past and I didn't care for it either... I never could see what all the raves were about...
ohwell.gif

You're not alone, Cinnabuns. Rarely did it work fairly well on my hair, but I think that was only because I used a good detangling shampoo before
ohwell.gif
Overall, I didn't like it enough to repurchase. Hopefully it will work better for you with some of these ladies' suggestions.

Back