Macro Setting

sareca

Ha! I bet you thought I was talking about some new kind of rollerset. Nope, I'm talking about the one on the digital camera.

I'm no expert on taking digital pictures, but I do remember how much my picture quality improved when I discovered the macro setting. I think most digital cameras now-a-days have a macro setting. The macro setting is for photos that are 2 feet or closer to the subject. Almost all self-portraits (where you are holding the camera) look better when the macro setting is enabled. The macro setting on most cameras is a button or toggle that looks like a flower. It's usually paired with one that looks like mountains (the landscape button).

Here's the difference

Now when talking pics in a mirror the landscape setting works best. Here's are some examples...

The regular setting is on the left, the landscape setting is in the pic on the right.

If you've ever wondered why your pics are blurry this could be the culprit. Just thought I'd share.

crlsweetie912

I will check my camera tonight. Sareca, doesn't this "high quality" photo make big pictures? Cause I usually use my camera on the 5mp setting for "quality" but I always have to end up cropping my pics before I share them using imageshack. Any ideas? Thanks!

sareca

crlsweetie912 said:
I will check my camera tonight. Sareca, doesn't this "high quality" photo make big pictures? Cause I usually use my camera on the 5mp setting for "quality" but I always have to end up cropping my pics before I share them using imageshack. Any ideas? Thanks!
Yeah, the higher you set the "quality" the more it increases the resolution (size and quality). The pics really do come out better with a higher setting. What do you use to crop them? I'm sure it has a resize option. Imageshack also has a resize option.

crlsweetie912

sareca said:
Yeah, the higher you set the "quality" the more it increases the resolution (size and quality). The pics really do come out better with a higher setting. What do you use to crop them? I'm sure it has a resize option. Imageshack also has a resize option.

I always have to crop them even before resizing on imageshack. It wont accept pictures bigger than I think 1500mp. I do it on the HP software that came with my camera.

sareca

crlsweetie912 said:
I always have to crop them even before resizing on imageshack. It wont accept pictures bigger than I think 1500mp. I do it on the HP software that came with my camera.

I think cropping and resizing is just a fact of picture taking life. I wish I had an alternative but do the same things, every single time.

sareca

crlsweetie912 said:
My camera is now set to the macro setting! Thanks sareca! I would have never known! :)

Most cameras return to the default setting each time you restart. So you might have to reset it before each self-portrait.