Maintaining a TWA w/out Daily Washes?

Dee Raven

Hey All,

I have a 5 in (stretched) TWA and I'm wondering how to maintain it w/out having to wash it everyday. This winter has been so hard and my hair is now super dry. I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some broken ends, not a whole lot. But I don't want my hair to get in any worse condition.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

D

donewit-it

Unfortunately, I not as computer savvy as most, but lately I have been sporting two-strand twists with my TWA. If I don't say so myself, I look pretty cute.

ScandalousBeauty

I'm not sure. I co-wash my hair daily, but I wear wigs everyday. I know that upon waking up in the morning, my hair will be matted down and dry all over again. So, I do this regimine as more of a treat for my hair than a necessity.

Victorian

old head
If you don't want to completely wet your hair in the shower, you can mist it with water to dampen it and re-fluff/style. Some people like to put a little conditioner or other ingredients in the spray bottle to help with moisture. I prefer just water and then sealing with oil if necessary if I go this route.

ToyToy

I agree with BlackCardinal. You could put some water (filtered or spring water) in a spray bottle with some conditioner and some essential oils (optional) and mist your hair to fluff it up every day until wash day. I think there are some recipes on www.motowngirl.com.
HTH

hopeful

Sometimes I spritz my hair with S-Curl and cover with a showercap over night. By morning it's usually soft and very moist. This only works for a day or two though before it needs to be washed again or at least conditioner washed.