Major Breakage!!!

Crysdon

Re: pebbles

Pebbles,

I'm going through the same thing honey
. I work 9 hours a day and I have a one and a half hour commute Monday - Friday, so I know what you're going through. I had to break the habit of buying take out so much. It had gotten so out of hand, that I noticed NO dirty dishes in the sink, but plenty of styrofoam plates in the trash. I also eliminated sugar from my diet. Sugar is so bad for hair. It's ok to have the occassional sweet treat, but I watch those carbs now and I have noticed a difference in my hair.

To Pebbles, Armyqt & anyone else going through a setback, keep your head up, it's going to get better

pebbles

Re: pebbles

Thanks Crysdon.
I'm really going to lay off the junk food, expecially soda, which I have been consuming large amounts of lately.

SweetNic_JA

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
. I have been seriously thinking of cutting it off and going natural again. I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebbles, noooo. Don't cut it. You are one of my hair rolemodels - you and Beverly (and some others). I really like your hair - it just grows slow. Give it a chance to shine and you won't be disappointed.

CynamonKis

(((Armyqt))) here is a hug for you, Girl! Do not despair -- you have options.....I'll PM you with what I did &amp; I hope it helps.

I share your pain. Clearly, there was something in the rinse that counter-acted with the relaxer. I just went thru something VERY SIMILAR w/color + bodiphier &amp; I had major breakage plus my stylist cut some off.

Your hair WILL grow back!

Armyqt

Thanks Cynamonkis
I have isolated the culprit of my breakage and it was too much protein. After rinsing and conditioning my hair the next day, my hair was back to normal. Since then all breakage has ceased. I washed my hair yesterday and used my Tropical Avocado conditioner and my lost about three hairs in the combout. Thanks again, I'll PM you.

HennaJoy

Hi Armyqt,

I just saw this thread and want to say that I am also sorry for the problems you experienced with your hair and am really glad that you identified the problem and are no longer having the same problem.

I also wanted to connect two comments that caught my eye in the thread because I didn't want them to get lost.

You said:
I got my hair relaxed about 2 weeks ago and my hair is just breaking all over the place. The day after I relaxed, I put an Adore Rinse in my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

And someone relayed this experience:
Adore color b/c it turned my hair a horrid green and blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That color horror...green or blue or black or swamp sludge greenish/black...can be a result of a metallic salt in the Adore. I don't know the product and don't know if there is anything listed in the products that would indicate that, but those color results sounds like what the metallic salts in some coloring products or other products can create when they come into combination with perm neutralizers or peroxide. I can't say that the Adore had the metallic salts in it, I would just say that it might. And while one person may get a change of color another could get some damage to the hair and another have no problem at all. In some ways it is the luck of the draw when a metallic salt comes into play. But that is one colorant/product I will add to my list of possible sources of metallic salts. I am also noting what you used to overcome the damage.

HennaJoy

Armyqt

Thanks HennaJoy, that was a great observation. While I loved the black color of my hair, I really don't want to chance any more mishaps. While I'm not sure the that my breakage had anything to do with the Adore Rinse, I certainly won't be doing it again to see
Next time I'll use Sebastians Colorshines since I've had great results with their clear. Thanks again for making that connection for me.