Major protien, before and after, just before, just after

gymfreak336

For those who do serious protien treatments, do you do one before your relaxer and after (like two weeks after) or do you do one just before or just after. Do you use a keratin or animal based protein like aphogee or a polymeric reconstuctor like Emergencee or elasta breakage control serum?

I use aphogee one week before my relaxer and then do another aphogee treatment two weeks after. My hair thrives from this.

I was wondering the same thing! I've read up on some of the older threads about Nexxus Emergencee, and I think I'm going to do a treatment 1 week before and 1 week after my next relaxer. My hair usually feels so fragile after relaxing, so I hope this helps.

gymfreak336 said:
For those who do serious protien treatments, do you do one before your relaxer and after (like two weeks after) or do you do one just before or just after. Do you use a keratin or animal based protein like aphogee or a polymeric reconstuctor like Emergencee or elasta breakage control serum?
I like Nexxus Emergencee. It really helps my hair. I use it the week after my relaxer and every couple of weeks. I have been considering something stronger, like Aphogee, but I'm a little nervous to try it.

well - i'm actually still experimenting with this myself. I tried the nexxuss Emergency treatment once, and I believe that I like it in comparison to Aphogee.
My hair really does not like heavy protein per se, especially no where near AFTER the relaxing process, but considering after a relaxer treatment, it would be most beneficial to use. Because of the reverting issues I have with relaxers, it is in my best interest to wait @ 1 - 2 weeks before doing a heavy protein, preferrably 2 weeks.

On my corrective, I did henna a couple days before and that was also great!

Back