MAJOR Rave/Duh Moment: TIGI Bed Head Wax Stick

davisbr88

Ok, ladies:
So this is a major DUH moment, but thought I would share this with anyone just in case you hadn't thought of this. Whether you are relaxed, transitioning, or natural, this is an AMAZING product!
I used to use this when I was relaxed to "seal" my wrap to keep it from unraveling while I slept, and on my edges when they started to stick up or to tame fly-aways. Recently, I set my transitioning hair on rollers for a silk wrap and was completely disappointed with my puffy roots. They were straight, but were just TOO puffy. So anyway, I got upset because I knew that I would have to wear a headband instead of my side-swept bang because of the roots, but didn't know how I'd even pull that off since I knew I'd have to put gel on my roots to make them lay flat. But gel causes my hair to revert back to curly, so I was pretty upset. Then when I looked under my sink, I found my old wax stick! It laid my edges down nicely and since there's no water, no revert! I had to use more than I usually had to on my relaxed hair, but it worked wonders. I haven't tried it yet on my other roots just because I am afraid it will weigh my hair down, but when/if I do try it, I will update!

TIGI Bed Head: A Hair Stick for Cool People
Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Beeswax, Fruit Wax, Candelilla Wax, Sorbitan Stearate, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate.

(These ingredients are the ones listed on my container. I purchased it a long time ago - a little goes a LOOOONG way - so I don't know if these still apply)

achangedlife

Where did you buy that. I just posted a thread asking for suggestions to lay down my edges. Aveda has one too. I wonder how it compares. I tried redken's waterworks wax and it looked good initially but it dried my edges.

davisbr88

I think I bought it at a salon - maybe Hair Cuttery or something. I don't quite remember.
I can't speak to whether or not it is drying. I used it rarely when I had a relaxer, and only like twice the last time I did a rollerset, but I will probably use it again on Thursday when I do another rollerset. I will update on Sunday and let you know.

achangedlife

I bought this yesterday, it didn't lay my edges down. I rolled it through my edges and then brushed, but it didn't do anything. Did I do something wrong :(

davisbr88

I bought this yesterday, it didn't lay my edges down. I rolled it through my edges and then brushed, but it didn't do anything. Did I do something wrong :(

Wow... I don't know. I used it again today and it laid mine down. Maybe you can try applying it, brushing it, and tying a scarf down on it. I'm not sure why that happened... :perplexed. It's worked for me like a charm. I'm sorry!

what's the difference between castor seed oil and castor oil?

I have no idea.... I am assuming it has something to do with the age of the plant? I honestly could not tell you.