Major Success without Trimming?

freshlikemoi

Hey ladies. I am currently trying to..*trying being the key word* to follow Cathy Howse's regime. She does not trim her hair. I do believe that our hair can grow without trims..I know that. I also have not trimmed since April 21st. However, I see ladies here with nice ends and full hair..and this makes me wonder???? Can there ever be major success without trimming?

Please hook me up with some info.:attention:

silverlotus

It depends on how diligent you are in protecting and moisturizing your ends. You can avoid trims by using protective styles all the time. Also, the baggie method works for some (but it does cause breakage for some people, so be careful). So you can have major success, it just depends on how well you take care of your hair.

ETA: instead of full-blown trims, you can dust or just search for individual split ends and cut those.

sowhut

It depends on how diligent you are in protecting and moisturizing your ends. You can avoid trims by using protective styles all the time. Also, the baggie method works for some (but it does cause breakage for some people, so be careful). So you can have major success, it just depends on how well you take care of your hair.

ETA: instead of full-blown trims, you can dust or just search for individual split ends and cut those.
I agree 100% on EVERYTHING you said, I only trim once a year. Ironically too many trims (or regular trims) has been what was holding my hair back all this time.

freshlikemoi

Thanx for the advice. It's just that I am seriously considering trimming because I don't like my ends..but I just wasnt sure if I should first reach my goal and then trim gradually for healthy hair!!! Oh decisions...decisions:perplexed

freshlikemoi

I agree 100% on EVERYTHING you said, I only trim once a year. Ironically too many trims (or regular trims) has been what was holding my hair back all this time.

Great! I have officially decided not to trim until next year. I too believe that trims were holding me back..

sareca

I've only trimmed my hair once this year. I just looked at them yesterday and they still look the same (like the day after I trimmed). :ohwell:

jeanne516

I haven't trimmed since July 2006...and I'm definitely due for one right now (waiting until I take out my sew-in and get a relaxer)...if you're gonna go that long without trimming, you must be on point with your hair care regimen (I wasn't)

Cichelle

I don't trim my hair and it's currently at waist length. I haven't trimmed since my big chop in July 2005. I don't use heat and I wear my hair in protective styles every day, so maybe that's why I can get away with it. I don't believe in trimming unless there is major damage and splits. I do S&D periodically and have only found two or three splits in over two years and I just snipped them away.

I might begin trimming next summer, but it depends on the length I've reached then and how my hair looks.

curlycraze

I, too, have had my hair "trimmed" my ENTIRE life. My last trim was Feb. 07. Now that I pay close attention, I have noticed that I don't have split ends.:perplexed What was the stylist "trimming" all these years? My hair and my ends are healthy. At this point, I will "trim" as I see fit. I have never read Cathy Howse book, but there is obviously some truth to what she is saying. Good luck.