Manic Panic after Henna? Good or bad

sunshinne368

Hello ladies, so I recently used henna on my hair about a week ago, and wanted to use manic panic to get a brighter color! do you think this would be bad? Thanks for the input!

kim

I was thinking about using manic panic(Raven Black) but I couldn't find it. I'm just wondering if the manic panic will take over the henna, because I haven't been able to get any kind of color to take over my henna. I used the body art quality henna(Jamilla), I've tried several different brands of black rinses and none of them will take over my henna. My hair usually takes well to any kind of color but for some reason it can't get through the henna. I even tried clarifying before using my rinse. Good Luck!!!

Trace

Hmm, I don't know about the Manic Panic, but the your hair is a pretty color with the henna. What type of henna did you use?

sunshinne368

Hmm, I don't know about the Manic Panic, but the your hair is a pretty color with the henna. What type of henna did you use?

Thank you my ends are actually have old dye on it so the henna looks took well with it, I use what ever type I find at the indian store. Hennra by hesh I usually get the best results. I want a more dramtic effect without perm dye!

sunshinne368

I was thinking about using manic panic(Raven Black) but I couldn't find it. I'm just wondering if the manic panic will take over the henna, because I haven't been able to get any kind of color to take over my henna. I used the body art quality henna(Jamilla), I've tried several different brands of black rinses and none of them will take over my henna. My hair usually takes well to any kind of color but for some reason it can't get through the henna. I even tried clarifying before using my rinse. Good Luck!!!

I didn't think about it not taking, I was more worried about damaging my hair! Thanks for the thought!

jamaraa

I don't think Manic Panic will damage your hair and I think it'll show up if the color is significantly darker than your henna'd hair...in the black family. The only real question is how will it cling to the hair because henna makes indigo and cassia cling to permanence, so will it do the same w/ Manic Panic?

You won't be able to go lighter than what you are now if that's what you mean by "brighter" just by putting MP on top of henna. That will require lifting some of the henna 1st.....not an easy or advisable job.

sunshinne368

I don't think Manic Panic will damage your hair and I think it'll show up if the color is significantly darker than your henna'd hair...in the black family. The only real question is how will it cling to the hair because henna makes indigo and cassia cling to permanence, so will it do the same w/ Manic Panic?

You won't be able to go lighter than what you are now if that's what you mean by "brighter" just by putting MP on top of henna. That will require lifting some of the henna 1st.....not an easy or advisable job.

Thank you, I was thinking of using the wine color, do you think it will take or is that too light?

MonPetite

DO NOT USE MANIC PANIC!

I WROTE A LENGTHY REVIEW (Color album of my fotki) ABOUT MY FIRST HORRIBLE TIME WITH IT AND I TRIED IT AGAIN TO BE DOUBLY SURE IT WAS THE PRODUCT AND I AM SUFFERING THE SOME HORRENDOUS EFFECTS.

This stuff behaves VERY differently on relaxed hair than it does it's main demographic -Caucasian hair that has only been treated with bleach or dyes not lye!!