Manic Panic Substitute/Alternative????

crr0121

I've been wanting to lighten my hair color a bit from dark brown to a medium brown. Like this View attachment untitled.bmp
I am going to use clairol luminize and hope this gets me to the shade I want. In case it doesn't I have via and clairol beautiful semi-permanents on hand. But I've been looking up here and I've seen BEAUTIFUL results of manic panic (mostly vampire red, but I don't want to go red). I think the coverage would be great but the only (realistic) colors they have are vampire red and the black/blue black. I dont want either of these colors but I like the way their formula is made to give the results I've seen. On their website they have natural browns called amplified cobra and nefertiti.
cobra_amplified_manic_panic.jpgnefertiti_amplified_manic_panic.jpg
I would love these but they are like $15 a jar :shocked: :nono:(and I would need 2) and I don't think they're sold in the US so add shipping to that. The regular manic panics are only like $5. I don't want to pay $30+ for a SEMI-permanent color. I'm just wondering is there any other semi that gives great results like manic panic with natural colors with more decent prices?? Any that you've seen in STORES preferably???

ANY suggestions/recommendations??? I need a Manic Panic substitute!!

MissMeWithThatIsh

They have some brand at Sally's called Color Jamz I think? You might find something good there... but if not try Jazzing or Adore at the BSS

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I almost bought some of that vampire red the other day but I chickened out. I wonder if it would even show up on my hair w/o lightening it first.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I almost bought some of that vampire red the other day but I chickened out. I wonder if it would even show up on my hair w/o lightening it first.

It will. I didn't use manic panic, but awhile back I put in some bright red semi-perm dye and the results were vivid but not over the top.

PinkAngel

I lighten my hair a few months back then used Manic Panic Vampire Red and it didn't even show up. I used Adore Crimson yesterday and I like it much better. The color is in my avatar.

crr0121

Thanks, I've tried Jazzing a few years ago and it didn't do much for me. But I think I'll take a look at Adore. and TheLaurynDoll, that's good coverage. That's what I want except with more brownish/goldish tones instead of red. But the color showed up good. and PinkAngel, I'm surprised MP didn't work for you cuz everyone I saw with it had really good results, everyone's hair is diff i guess. Thanks for the suggestions. Adore looks like it has good color selection too, I'm gonna keep searching though....

MissMeWithThatIsh

I like that! So this will eventually all wash out right?

Yes ma'am it sure did. :yep:

Thanks, I've tried Jazzing a few years ago and it didn't do much for me. But I think I'll take a look at Adore. and TheLaurynDoll, that's good coverage. That's what I want except with more brownish/goldish tones instead of red. But the color showed up good. and PinkAngel, I'm surprised MP didn't work for you cuz everyone I saw with it had really good results, everyone's hair is diff i guess. Thanks for the suggestions. Adore looks like it has good color selection too, I'm gonna keep searching though....

Yea, you can also try Cellophanes...