March 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 What Are Your Weekly Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Saturday:
Pre-Treat: Olaplex 0 & 3 (under Plastic Cap)
Cleanse: Clay Detox (prolly HennaSooq?)
Treat: APB's Keratin (under Dryer)
DC: Olaplex 8 (under Dryer)
Apply Leave-In: LOCB

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I dyed my roots and went through the whole wash day process to prepare to maybe flat iron my hair tomorrow. Several hours later my hair is up in 10 twists and I am tired. I'm happy with how my hair color turned out - jet black and soft to the touch. :)
If I do straighten my hair tomorrow, it will be a light press. Not aiming for pin straight hair.

Hair dye process
Hair dye:
AGEbeautiful 1N Jet Black Permanent Liqui-Creme Hair Color
Developer: Ion Sensitive Scalp 10 Volume Creme Developer

Shampoo and deep condition
1st shampoo:
Cécred Clarifying Shampoo & Scalp Scrub (scalp only)
2nd shampoo: Cécred Hydrating Shampoo (scalp & hair)
Treatment: Reconstructing Treatment Mask (20 minutes, wrapped under shower cap/towel)
Deep conditioner: Melanin Plumping Deep Conditioner (30 minutes, wrapped under shower cap/towel)

Blow dry
Heat protectant:
Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Blow-Dry & Heat Shield
Tools: Pattern Beauty blow dryer w/ brush attachment

Light silk press
Heat protectant:
Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Weightless Thermal Protectant Serum
Tools: FHI HEAT Platform Pro Styling Tourmaline Hair Straightener 1 1/4"

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I plan on dye-ing my hair tomorrow evening.

Then using Sallys Bond Bar products, #1 Bonding Booster , #2 Bonding Recovery, #4 Bonding Shampoo and #5 Bonding Conditioner.

Probably, Shescentit Cranberry cocktail as a leave in then blow-dry and braid up for the week.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I didn't flat iron my hair this week. Instead today I moisturized and redid my braids.

Moisturizer: Melanin Twist-Elongating Style Cream w/ Alodia Curling Cream Gel on the ends
Oil: Cécred Nourishing Hair Oil

Sarabellam

I'm going back to the old practices that got me to whip length. I had to cut corners because of different life and career events over the last three years. Surprisingly I did not lose length, but my hair thinned from broken pieces from damage caused by periods of neglect. My goal is the have a significant visual improvement over the next 1-2 years without a big chop.

My plan:

1. prewash with coconut oil every week
2. Deep condition once a week
3. air dry or gently blowdry with Revair. (The Revair is new but it is so convenient I can't completely quit)
4. Henna/ ayurveda
5. Once I maximize my hair outcomes with ayurveda I consider adding stronger protein treatments in the future. Learning how my current hair responds to henna takes time. I got to Whip length ( w/ a couple of hairs technically hip length) by having an intense schedule of alternating henna and Aphogee treatments to fortify my fine hair. It wasn't for beginners. I feel a bit like a beginner because I need to learn the effect that each treatment has on my new head of hair which has suffered more wear and tear over its lifetime.
6. Deep condition at least once a week
7. Use shea butter when my hair is air-dried and jojoba/ coconut oil after blowouts.
8. Scalp massages and experimenting with sulfur oil again. I can't say that it gave me faster growth before but my hair overall was thicker/ healthier.
9. supplementing with b vitamins. I had at least a mild deficit in b vitamins despite a fairly healthy diet. I noticed this because I had low energy and my iron supplement no longer provided normal side effects (better cold tolerance). I took a B complex as a shot-in-the-dark attempt to do something about it. I felt so much better within a couple of weeks. I'm not completely back to myself but I finally had enough energy to restart an exercise regimen (barre). I began turning the fan on at night which my husband has been very grateful for. I'm taking my dog for long walks and not feeling completely wiped out afterward. The concept of having too much caffeine is a possibility again. I had a large coffee yesterday afternoon and it threw off my sleep pattern which was annoying but overall a sign that my body doesn't need it as much anymore.

10. Other supplements that I take or plan to take regularly include: multivitamin, vit D, MSM, iron + vit C. I'm also trying out spirulina/ chlorella which were also bought at the same time as the b vitamins. Normally I don't like to try multiple things at once but I was desperate. I began the green juice after using b-vitamins for a couple of weeks. I'm slowly ramping up the green juice so I'm only taking about about 1/3 tsp of each.

Last edited:

Sarabellam

I'm going back to the old practices that got me to whip length. I had to cut corners because of different life and career events over the last three years. Surprisingly I did not lose length, but my hair thinned from broken pieces from damage caused by periods of neglect. My goal is the have a significant visual improvement over the next 1-2 years without a big chop.

My plan:

1. Prewash with coconut oil

2. Deep condition once a week

3. Air dry or gently blowdry with Revair. (The Revair is new but it is so convenient I can't completely quit)

4. Henna/ ayurvedic masks/ teas

5. Once I maximize my hair outcomes with ayurveda I will consider adding stronger protein treatments again. Learning how my current hair responds to henna takes time. I got to Whip length ( w/ a couple of hairs technically hip length) by having an intense schedule of alternating henna and Aphogee treatments to fortify my fine hair. It wasn't for beginners. I feel a bit like a beginner because I need to learn the effect that each treatment has on my new head of hair which has suffered more wear and tear over its lifetime.

6. Deep condition at least once a week

7. Use shea butter when my hair is air-dried and jojoba/ coconut oil after blowouts.

8. Scalp massages and experimenting with sulfur oil again. I can't say that it gave me faster growth before but my hair overall was thicker/ healthier.

9. Supplementing with b vitamins. I had at least a mild deficit in b vitamins despite a fairly healthy diet. I noticed this because I had low energy and my iron supplement no longer provided normal side effects (better cold tolerance). I took a B complex as a shot-in-the-dark attempt to do something about it. I felt so much better within a couple of weeks. I'm not completely back to myself but I finally had enough energy to restart an exercise regimen (barre). I began turning the fan on at night which my husband has been very grateful for. I'm taking my dog for long walks and not feeling completely wiped out afterward. The concept of having too much caffeine is a possibility again. I had a large coffee yesterday afternoon and it threw off my sleep pattern which was annoying but overall a sign that my body doesn't need it as much anymore.

10. Other supplements that I take or plan to take regularly include: multivitamin, vit D, MSM, iron + vit C. I'm also trying out spirulina/ chlorella which were also bought at the same time as the b vitamins. Normally I don't like to try multiple things at once but I was desperate. I began the green juice after using b-vitamins for a couple of weeks. I'm slowly ramping up the green juice so I'm only taking about about 1/3 tsp of each.