~~*March 2008-Hits and Misses*~~

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: Aphogee 2min. reconstuctor...used this with ORS replinishing cond. as a co-wash/dc and my hair turned out soft, shiny, and full of body. Also giving up shampoo all together, yep I'm a co-washer. I co-wash twice a week and my hair is so soft and moisturized now.

Miss: Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol with Carrot Oil, it was too watery for me and did nothing for my hair

Soon to be a Hit I hope: I bought Proclaim's Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioner and I'm gonna try it Tuesday as a co-wash, hopefully it'll be a hit.

cecepassion

HITS HE LTR Condtioner
HE LTR Leave-In
World of curls activator
FOTE aloe vera
Giving away some of my hair products:grin:
Ojon Treatment
Qhemet Amla&Olive Heavy Cream

MISSES Dangerously Straight Conditioner
couldn't stand the pear smell:nono:

Last edited:

jasmin

Hits:
Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying Shampoo
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Condition and Detangler
Salerm 21 B5 leave in

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Major hit

Prepooing with heat with cholesterol....combine that with one lather of elasta qp shampoo and just 5 minutes of Kenra MC and 11 weeks of newgrowth layed down like you wouldn't believe. All I did was rollerset and crosswrap and Voila! My hair looks like I flat ironed it. If this keeps working, I will be stretching for awhile.

morehairplease

My hits are:

Honeyquat - www.lotioncrafter.com. This makes my hair wonderfully soft and easy to manage especially when added to my DC.
Silk Amino Acid - www.lotioncrafter.com. This is added to my DC's too and I love how soft it makes my dry hair feel.
Care Free Curl Gold MOisturizer spray on cornrows under my sew-in/wigs and falls.
Aloe Vera Gel - www.fromnaturewithlove.com. I add this to my daiy moisturizer for strength.
Shikakai, Amla, Brahmi, and bhringraj powders. Ayurveda here I come.

loving your hit list. with the aloe vera gel are you using it straight from the bottle? After reading a thread regarding it detangling 4a/b hair I have it on my to buy list.

Aggie

loving your hit list. with the aloe vera gel are you using it straight from the bottle? After reading a thread regarding it detangling 4a/b hair I have it on my to buy list.

Hi Tishee, the one I order from www.fromnaturewithlove.com is an organic aloe vera gel and they recommend using it in a 1:1 ratio or 50/50 in your body creams, lotions, conditioners, etc,. I only use about 20-30% of the gel in almost all my creams, lotions and conditioners - I bought a large bottle. I live in the tropics so this is also good for my skin and hair's protection from the elements. It really works. HTH.

Kacie

Hits:
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Affirm Fiberguard Fortifying Sustenance Treatment (ceramides)
Pibbs 514...of course
Deep conditioning 3 time a week

Misses:
HE conditioners
Biolage ceramides

bravenewgirl87

Oh boy!

Hits
Keihls Cucumber Toner???:ohwell:
Fantasia IC Deep Moisturizing Creme
Lacio Lacio
Nacidit Olive Oil Deep Conditioner
Back to Basics Coconut Mango Shampoo

Miss
Phyto relaxing balm
DevaCurl No-Poo
DevaCare No-Poo

BillyJay

Hit:
Amla powder & Bakingsoda

Miss:
Aritha Powder....Argh!:wallbash:
Works great on my face! Not so great on my hair.

SignatureBeauty

*HITS*

shescentit.com Hair Butter,Leave In & Deep Conditioners, Oils etc.
(The Whole Hair Care Line)

I have found my staples,finally after 4 years, the only thing that I don't like is the variety of scents that are not offered, I can only stand to smell chocolate truffle for a minute LOL!!! But her butter melts right into my hair and keeps it soft, and she uses Unrefined shea butter too, not that refined white shea butter. It is a winner, she has a customer for life!!!!!!

morehairplease

*HITS*

shescentit.com Hair Butter,Leave In & Deep Conditioners, Oils etc.
(The Whole Hair Care Line)

I have found my staples,finally after 4 years, the only thing that I don't like is the variety of scents that are not offered, I can only stand to smell chocolate truffle for a minute LOL!!! But her butter melts right into my hair and keeps it soft, and she uses Unrefined shea butter too, not that refined white shea butter. It is a winner, she has a customer for life!!!!!!

np can you post what's in the deep co, hair butter, and leave in you have for me, please?

tia,
tishee

EMJazzy

Happily retired
:up: Hits:

BioInfusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm :love:
Dr. Organics Pure Castile Soap (Almond) :lick:
Mixing all of my half used conditioners to avoid wasting them and using it as my daily co-wash ;)

:down: Miss:

HE LTR conditoner :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

:perplexed On the fence:

Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol

:up: Continued Hit:

Baggying
Daily co-washing
Garnier Fructis Curl N' Shine (the whole line :yep: )
FOTE Aloe Vera Gel
EMU Oil

morehairplease

Hi Tishee, the one I order from www.fromnaturewithlove.com is an organic aloe vera gel and they recommend using it in a 1:1 ratio or 50/50 in your body creams, lotions, conditioners, etc,. I only use about 20-30% of the gel in almost all my creams, lotions and conditioners - I bought a large bottle. I live in the tropics so this is also good for my skin and hair's protection from the elements. It really works. HTH.

cool, thanks so much for responding. I will order this to use as a detangler for my hair.

SignatureBeauty

np can you post what's in the deep co, hair butter, and leave in you have for me, please?

tia,
tishee

Hey Tishee!! Here Ya Go!!

Moisture Mist Leave- In Conditioner Ingredients:
Chamoile extract,Water (infused with aloe). Nettle,Grapeseed Extract,Honey,Coltsfoot Extract,Horsetail,Silk Amino Acids,Sage,Rosemary,Glycerin,Shea Butter,Mint Extract,Centrimonium chloride,Vit E,Panthenol,Citric Acid,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Polyquartemium,Nonoxynol & Benzophenone.

Seyani Hair Butter Ingredients:
Unrefined Shea Butter,Coconut Oil,Avocado Oil,Grapeseed Oil,Glycerin,Sorbitan Oleate,Hydrolyzed wheat protein,soya bean oil,kiwi oil,macadamia nut oil,panthenol,rosemary oil,sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil,Aqua,Keratin & Fragrance.

Fortifying Hair Masque Deep Conditioner:
Organic aloe juice,cetearyl alcohol,Organic castor oil,Stearalkonium chloride,Phenoxyethanol,hydrolyzed wheat protein,Organic avacado oil,Polyquaternium-32,glycerin,octanoic acid,Organic coconut oil,shea butter,cocoa butter,biotin,calcium chloride(salt), vitamin d,hydrolyzed keratin,magnesium sulfate,panthenol vitamin b5,Organic honey,vitamin a,Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), zinc chloride,grapeseed oil,dimethicone,salicylic acid, terpene alcohol, olive oil, silk amino acids, Quaternium-80, msm,rosemary extract,metylparaben,propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin & Fragrance.

Okay there are the ingredients, I love her products, I am not one that is on a No Cone/No Paraben kick, I use what works for my hair, and this makes it soft and pretty LOL!!!!!! but she has some wonderfur products and of course she is a member here, I feel her store will be around for a long time LOL!!! If you need anything else let me know!!!:yep:

bluevalentine

Major hit

Prepooing with heat with cholesterol....combine that with one lather of elasta qp shampoo and just 5 minutes of Kenra MC and 11 weeks of newgrowth layed down like you wouldn't believe. All I did was rollerset and crosswrap and Voila! My hair looks like I flat ironed it. If this keeps working, I will be stretching for awhile.

u makin me wanna try kenra, i've been eyeing their products for awhile.....sigh.....

gymfreak336

u makin me wanna try kenra, i've been eyeing their products for awhile.....sigh.....

Its good stuff. I tried it many years ago and didn't like it. I gave it another chance adn :love: I am in love. You know who much of a pj I am so would you believe that I actually have been using kenra almost exclusively since I bought it. Have I been cured? :lachen:

Brownie518

BIG HIT :grin:

Mixing HE Dangerously Straight con with deep conditioners. Straightens that NG right out, for real!! :yep:

LivingDoll

HITS:
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex
Roux Porosity Control
ORS Replenishing Pak
Elasta QP H-Two
Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer
Jojoba & Peppermint scalp massages

ON THE FENCE
IC Thick n' Shine Gel

MISS
Aphoghee 2 Step Protein Treatment (Oh Hell 2 da naw!:nono:)

miami74

MISS:

-Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Olive Moisturizing Shine Serum:
I put in on damp hair, i put it on dry hair and i got NO SHINE whatsoever. My thick hair just laughed at me and was still waiting on the shine..Had to grab my coconut oil and finish off the job.

The exact same thing happened to me with Fantasia IC Hair Polisher! :ohwell:

Hits:

- Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave in
- Organics Olive Oil Cream (both moisturize my hair pretty well)
- ORS OO Replenishing Pak
- Keracare Hydrating Shampoo
- Keracare Leave in Condish
- Keracare Humecto
- Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre Shampoo Treatment
- QH Cholesterol
- HE Break's Over Condish
- ORS Hair Mayo
- Wheat Germ Condish (dominican product)
- Prepooing with coconut milk mixed with condish (really helps to soften my NG)

Misses:

- IC Fantasia Hair Polisher
- HB Carrot Creme
- Keracare Condish Creme (did not moisturize my hair well)

Last edited:

LynnieB

i told yall i'd be back w/comments about these :grin: so after i did half a head tests with both of these :lachen:i'm happy to say that:

Elucence MB Conditioner :lick: :lick:- huge HIT as both a regular and leave-in conditioner!! i got extremely apprehensive that this huge liter bottle would be a miss after reading some of the comments on it. for me, it really did melt away the tangles and left my hair feeling soft and moisturized. this conditioner is very good and really concentrated. it's prolly excellent for cowashing without worrying about product build-up.

LTR - another HIT, it's extremely thick and also melts away tangles and left hair feeling very soft and moisturized. i do wonder if it'll cause a build-up problem if used for co-washes especially if you don't regularly clarify though. i still like it alot :lick:

"Neutral" Henna from Mountain Rose Herbs - i made a conditioning mix w/this yesterday and marinated in it all afternoon then slept with conditioner under a baggy last night. gonna play in my hair today and will def. come back and update after i get the last of the grit & twigs outta my hurr :pullhair:. first impression was good, my hair wasn't as dry as i thought i'd be and my hair looked and behaved a little "differently" :crazy:. <--- i'll blame that on the grit & twigs:pullhair:.

Qhemet Biologics (AONP, AOHC and OHHB1) - HIT just because the products are such high quality and you can actually smell and feel the yummy ingredients in them:lick:!! Can't wait to actually use them!

Last edited:

jasmin

Kenra didn't work for me at first either. I've used it every other week and I love how it does my hair. It's straight and moisturized. I can even leave it on all night.

morehairplease

Hey Tishee!! Here Ya Go!!

Moisture Mist Leave- In Conditioner Ingredients:
Chamoile extract,Water (infused with aloe). Nettle,Grapeseed Extract,Honey,Coltsfoot Extract,Horsetail,Silk Amino Acids,Sage,Rosemary,Glycerin,Shea Butter,Mint Extract,Centrimonium chloride,Vit E,Panthenol,Citric Acid,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Polyquartemium,Nonoxynol & Benzophenone.

Seyani Hair Butter Ingredients:
Unrefined Shea Butter,Coconut Oil,Avocado Oil,Grapeseed Oil,Glycerin,Sorbitan Oleate,Hydrolyzed wheat protein,soya bean oil,kiwi oil,macadamia nut oil,panthenol,rosemary oil,sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil,Aqua,Keratin & Fragrance.

Fortifying Hair Masque Deep Conditioner:
Organic aloe juice,cetearyl alcohol,Organic castor oil,Stearalkonium chloride,Phenoxyethanol,hydrolyzed wheat protein,Organic avacado oil,Polyquaternium-32,glycerin,octanoic acid,Organic coconut oil,shea butter,cocoa butter,biotin,calcium chloride(salt), vitamin d,hydrolyzed keratin,magnesium sulfate,panthenol vitamin b5,Organic honey,vitamin a,Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), zinc chloride,grapeseed oil,dimethicone,salicylic acid, terpene alcohol, olive oil, silk amino acids, Quaternium-80, msm,rosemary extract,metylparaben,propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin & Fragrance.

Okay there are the ingredients, I love her products, I am not one that is on a No Cone/No Paraben kick, I use what works for my hair, and this makes it soft and pretty LOL!!!!!! but she has some wonderfur products and of course she is a member here, I feel her store will be around for a long time LOL!!! If you need anything else let me know!!!:yep:

:yahoo::flowers::kiss4::love5::love4::love3: thanks SO, SO much sweetie!

Britt

Huge Hit:
Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine... i'm not big on moisturizers, butters, etc, but this really does a great job at softening the hair and leaving a nice shine, and I :love: the smell :love: it. I oiled my entire scalp with this stuff, yummy.