Mary Mary

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie,
If you make a reality show, I'd watch it! :grin:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I won't be 'scripping' :lol:

If anything, the entire show will me online here at LHCF.... :yep: typing scriptures in CF and praying for the 'loss' in OT :pray: :lol:

And most definitely drinking my :coffee: or eating a cup of crushed ice. :lol:

Thanks delitefulmane... you're a sweetheart. Truly you are. :Rose:

Blackpearl1993

... by this being 'their' show, they had the authority to not allow this to even be a part of the taping as it's not their little sister's show. I say this because even if their little sister is a 'hard head' and does what she wants to do 'anyway' cause she grown' :rolleyes: :lol:, this did not have to take place, period.

I hope her 'hubby' wasn't partying with a 'scripper' as well. I hope not. This is not clean; to come into a marriage with that spirit of lust lingering upon them. Stripppers are around other spirits with their spirit and these spirits get passed on to everyone they encounter. It's not the way to start a marriage. They've been sexually stimulated by someone outside of their marriage. So not good, and so not of God.

This is not what Christians do... We don't do scrippers. :nono:

My babies been saved a 'minute' and even they know not to take off their clothes in front of strangers. Even the world knows that strippers are taboo, even with them.

Lawd, my pearls have been clutched to dust... :lol: I'm fainting like Scarlet O'Hara (Gone with the Wind)... :thud: :lol:

Fiddlely Dee.... I need my coffee :coffee:

Yes to all of this. Something more wholesome should have been planned to celebrate the joy of an impending marriage. Being carnal with some strippers is such an obvious poor choice. It didn't need to be part of the show and Mary Mary did not have to attend an event like this.

LOL to the bolded!

Shimmie

Staff member
You might want to read from the beginning of thread to get the full gist of my opinion on this. :giggle: You might be surprised. I am the last person here who has any desire to judge the relationship between G-d and man of any individual and have expressed it various times. In fact, I think it's a dangerous thing to question someone else's love of G-d. Rather, there are things done that are off-color and are questionable as to their prohibition in scripture...but those are things which are most likely up-front and explicitly implied/prohibited. I do think that stripping falls under impurity for the previous reasons stated but I'm not ever going to say these ladies don't love G-d simply because they listen to secular music. I don't prefer them to have strippers but the rest in this thread is beyond me. I don't comprehend the hoopla and believe it falls under training and/or personal opinion...not biblical mandate. I drink, listen to secular music, dance (don't smoke) and my faith has also been questioned. :lol: I do know some must have subscribed to my posts on LHCF...I speak my candid mind...:look::look:

Aupar....

You drink? O' say it isn't so.

:thud:

With Pearl Dust a' flying... Shimmie is Gone with the wind....'fabulous' :reddancer: I wonder if anyone will 'get' this... :look:

:lol:

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^yes, I got it!

She confirmed her age right there (not that anything is wrong with her age) cause I know Porcha dont know what Gone With The Wind is?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's an excellent point... :yep: Titus 2 women.

Also, since Mary Mary are older than their baby sister and since they are both married women who claim to love the Lord, they really should have been following the mandate in Titus and teaching baby sis that ogling and fondling strippers is inappropriate and disrespectful to her future husband.

Shimmie

Staff member
Update:

Okay, I did a search on Comcast and found the Mary Mary episodes. It's located on the 'On Demand' feature of the Comcast Cable service.

The station that airs Mary Mary is WE TV and it airs on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. However, I can't watch it because this is the time that I'm preparing for the Thursday night Prayer Line which begins at 9:00.

Last night I was able to view the 'stripper' episode. It's Season 2 / Episode 2.

Okay Here's the rundown:

The family is very busy with their performance schedules and taking care of their families. That's a given and personally I know how hectic it is for this lifestyle. I lived it as an unprofessional and it's very taxing on your entire well being. This is their bread and butter and it is pulling every ounce of energy from them.

Pros: :up:

:up: I love the relationship they have with their husbands. Tina's husband is VERY supportive. This man blesses me with the care that he gives to Tina and their children and he takes care home while she is away. :up:

:up: These women definitely love their children, it's obvious, not a put on. Tina's daughter is very open with her mother and this is a huge plus. :up:

:up: These are Black families with husband and wife together, not apart. No baby mama / baby daddy drama. Huge plus. :up:

:up: Tina did mention God in a general comment and it wasn't out of context

Okay... here are the non-pros. (I will not use the word 'cons' :nono: just non-pros).

The Bachlorette Party is a definite non-pro for Christians. Period.

In this episode, Tina was opposed to having the event at HER HOUSE, which is a 'pro'. She did not want men without shirts parading in her backyard in view of her daughter, her neighbors and she did not have her husband's approval of it.

That's a huge 'pro' for Tina. She was quite adamant about this.

Her sister 'Goo-Goo and Joi (family or friend) when to a studio called The Hollywood Men's Club' to 'select' men to attend Alana's bachlorette party. They went in there 'KNOWING' full well what they were going to 'encounter'.

Let me interject something. This alone, all by its self was satan's display of shaming Christians. This was so not necessary.

The men came out, one by one, in dance mode, shirtless, some pulling their shirts off in dance mode (dance mode meaning, sensuously walking with shoulder /torso / hip and pelvic rolls), greeting and 'flustering' both Joi and Goo Goo. And Goo Goo indeed was going 'goo goo' over these men.

Male strippers are trained for audience appeal to bring a 'squeal' from women. This never fails when the male stripper moves in dance mode up into the woman's personal space. There's a pause and the dance mode resumes and like clockwork, there is a guaranteed reaction from the woman.

The first reaction is the 'squeal' and the nervous laugh or giggle; simultaneously the woman will move back or turn their heads away; raising her hands to cover her face, her eyes or she covers her mouth with her hands, all of which indicates a shocked reaction and she goes into 'protective mode'. She doesn't want to 'peek' and see 'something' (ie: his private parts). This is how Joi and Goo Goo reacted. Yet, they were thrilled and called it 'fun'.

Of course we have other women who are aggressive and dive right in with the male dancers.

(and 'No', Shimmie has not been in the presence of a male stripper. I've never been to a club. I've just been dancing in the Arts and have been around dancers long enough to know almost all there is out there).

Goo Goo and Joi had absolutely no business there, neither had they any business arranging for these men to be a part of Alani's pre-wedding celebration.

Tina told Goo Goo that she had to have the party elsewhere, not at her house, period. I was 'Team Tina'. :lol: (for a minute).

At the party Tina had a good ole' time...:rolleyes:

The men were there as food servers...totally shirtless. And here's something interesting, I felt lead to pray for these men. God loves them and they would be wonderful additions to the Body of Christ, fully clothed and saved...dedicated to Jesus... sans strip clubs. :yep:

At the party, the women were going crazy looking at these men, including Mary Mary. The men paraded down the semi-spiral staircase with the food trays, and presented the food to each woman, including Mary Mary. The women were definitely enjoying the attention. One girl 'touched' one of the men on his arm in a sensuously joking manner. Not cool. :nono:

What was truly out of order was one of the men served Alani (the sister bride) a chocolate strawberry in a way that only her husband has the right to. Yes, it was all fun and games, however some games are not appropriate, especially for those who represent the Lord.

I understand that none of us are perfect; of course we all have flaws. However, a showcase of this sort, should have never taken place.

My conclusion:

Mary Mary truly had other options. Even it they did not have other options, the bachlorette party did not have to take place as they were also having a Bridal shower which would have been more than sufficient and in order to celebrate their sister's pre-wedding day.

Whether a person is saved or not, there are still principles that one should adhere to pertaining to marriage and pre-marriage. No other man should be intimate with another man's wife or wife-to-be. There is a spirit that is transferred between a man and a woman when an intimate interaction takes place no matter how innocent one claims it to be. She is promised to someone else and she is to 'keep' herself pure from any other. Period.

When a woman prepares for Marriage, it is for one man and one man only. She 'keeps' herself for him and only him for their wedding night and for the rest of their lives as man and wife. Alani could have refused to take part in this as well. It's not about Goo Goo and Joi and 'em' It's about the Covenant of her Marriage between her husband and God.

I asked this up thread: What is her husband to be had a female stripper at his party? That is NOT okay. You do not do things like this.

Again, it does not matter if the people are saved or unsaved, you cannot bring another spirit into your marriage. This is not a joking matter.

Mary Mary should not have participated in this event. They did not have to. And it is not about being there for their sister. It's about putting God first and others follow the path of Jesus.

Is Shimmie too rough. Yes, I am and believe me, I'm fully aware of it and make no apologies for it. We need to take our lives as Christians seriously. This life is not a game. There's too much looseness going on and then we wonder why the world is so messed up. We do not have to add ourselves to the mess.

I have more, however for now, it's...

Selah...

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie- you just had me bust out laughing and i'm at work!!! Twirl!!

stephluv :lol: You got it? :lol: :reddancer:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

wait, hold on let me catch myself ...

Iwanthealthyhair67... you got it too? :lol: :reddancer:

^^yes, I got it!

She confirmed her age right there (not that anything is wrong with her age) cause I know Porcha dont know what Gone With The Wind is?

Healthy Hair... I know, right? I love Porcha though... I do. :lol: "55 years ago" :rofl:

Shimmie..you're hilarious! :lachen::lol:

I'm twirling girl... :reddancer: I invented the 'twirl'. :lol:

Hey Ladies Guess What?

I found the dress ... same color too. I'm going to order it and make a spin video. I'm gonna use my Christmas money. Cause'....... I'm fabulous! :lol:

Yall' gonna 'twirl' me right outta this thread. :lol:

:reddancer: :reddancer: :reddancer:

auparavant

Aupar....

Yep, sure do. I don't smoke but not because I think it is sinful. Nothing sinful about it in moderation, like food. Again, people are basing that and secular music (wearing pants, wearing makeup etc.) based off of culture and personal opinion. I say, if your church disagrees, then don't do it. Mine doesn't disagree. It disagrees with drunkenness. Some churches disagree with women uncovering their hair and wearing pants...mine doesn't...it disagrees with immodesty. It all depends. That's why it's dangerous to conclude somebody doesn't have Jesus based upon such things....well, the point I was trying to make in this whole thread. But anyhoo...yep, I drink.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Aupar....

With Pearl Dust a' flying... Shimmie is Gone with the wind....'fabulous' :reddancer: I wonder if anyone will 'get' this... :look:

:lol:

:lachen: I'm so mad at the fact that I do get the reference. Maybe we should have a conversation about whether subscribing to cable/digital TV at all qualifies as godly stewardship of one's resources. :look: (I don't even own a tv, btw). None of these shows would exist without people paying to watch them.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Or even subscribing to this site as well? There is an entertainment section... :lol:
:lachen: I'm so mad at the fact that I do get the reference. Maybe we should have a conversation about whether subscribing to cable/digital TV at all qualifies as godly stewardship of one's resources. :look: (I don't even own a tv, btw). None of these shows would exist without people paying to watch them.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yep, sure do. I don't smoke but not because I think it is sinful. Nothing sinful about it in moderation, like food. Again, people are basing that and secular music (wearing pants, wearing makeup etc.) based off of culture and personal opinion. I say, if your church disagrees, then don't do it. Mine doesn't disagree. It disagrees with drunkenness. Some churches disagree with women uncovering their hair and wearing pants...mine doesn't...it disagrees with immodesty. It all depends. That's why it's dangerous to conclude somebody doesn't have Jesus based upon such things....well, the point I was trying to make in this whole thread. But anyhoo...yep, I drink.

Well... Oooooooooo 'tay'.

Seriously though, you and I don't have a discord. I know you love God. I don't agree with drinking for anyone, it's too dangerous. You're still one of my 'girls' whether we agree or disagree, that I continue to keep in my prayers.

But Aupar, it's not beer or anything hard (liquor) or (Don J's)Tequila shots, though, is it? :nervous2:

Shimmie

Staff member

Nicola... how'd you get the reference without cable or TV? :lol:

I'm serious.

:bighug:

BTW: I need my cable for the 'weather channel' ... :look:

To keep track of the 'wind' for my fabulous. :reddancer:

auparavant

Well... Oooooooooo 'tay'.

Seriously though, you and I don't have a discord. I know you love God. I don't agree with drinking for anyone, it's too dangerous. You're still one of my 'girls' whether we agree or disagree, that I continue to keep in my prayers.

But Aupar, it's not beer or anything hard (liquor) or (Don J's)Tequila shots, though, is it? :nervous2:

:lol: I like wine and sometimes do drink hard liquor (whiskey or brandy) but it depends. I do like beer as well. Tsingtao Chinese beer :lick::lick: and Corona with lime. Tipsy is as far as I'll go...but I don't like to even get that way. I don't hold it well so I'm very careful and never drink and drive.

Sirach 31:25 Don't try to prove your manhood by how much you can drink. Wine has been the ruin of many.
Sirach 31:26 An arrogant person's character shows through when he is in a drunken argument, in the same way that iron is tested when it is heated red-hot and then dipped in water.
Sirach 31:27 Wine can put new life into you if you drink it in moderation. What would life be like without it? Wine was created to make us cheerful,
Sirach 31:28 If you drink it in moderation and at the right time, it can lift your spirits and make you cheerful, :yep:

Now this one is funny:

Sirach 31:12 When you sit down at a fancy banquet, don't let your mouth hang open, and don't say, "Look at all that food!"
Sirach 31:13 It is impolite to have a greedy eye; remember that nothing in creation is greedier than the eye; that is why it sheds tears so often.
Sirach 31:14 Don't reach out for everything you see, and don't elbow people out of the way to get at the food.
Sirach 31:15 Be considerate of the other people at the table and treat them the way you want to be treated.
Sirach 31:16 When you get your food, eat it like a human being. Don't smack and slurp; nobody can stand that.
Sirach 31:17 It's good manners to be the first to stop eating; stuffing yourself is offensive.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Nicola... how'd you get the reference without cable or TV? :lol:

I'm serious.

:bighug:

BTW: I need my cable for the 'weather channel' ... :look:

To keep track of the 'wind' for my fabulous. :reddancer:

It's everywhere, even here. :) Hence, being mad at not escaping it. Also, my mother watches the shows when I visit.

That particular one I looked up to see the meaning of a while back.

But still, all the shows mentioned are cable shows. In the context of what has been discussed I think it's perfectly fair to reflect on whether we are spending our money in support of things we consider ungodly. I thought about this in relation to going to the movies recently, and which ones, so I ask myself the same question.

Shimmie

Staff member
It's everywhere, even here. :) Hence, being mad at not escaping it. Also, my mother watches the shows when I visit.

But still, all the shows mentioned are cable shows. In the context of what has been discussed I think it's perfectly fair to reflect on whether we are spending our money in support of things we consider ungodly. I thought about this in relation to going to the movies recently, and which ones, so I ask myself the same question.

It's funny because I got 'caught up in the wind', because it was just as you said, "everywhere'. It's the whole talk on the train of people (male and female) when I commute to work. I heard there's even a song out now about it. And the picture of the 'twirl' is in several siggy's here on the forum. Someone had the link to the twirl and I clicked to see what it was all about. Yes I did... :yep:

What's interesting is that we have a 40 and Fabulous thread here plus, 40 and fabulous is in several of the siggy's here as well. This prompts me to wonder if Kenya Moore is a member here or even a lurker. I'm serious. That line is too much of a coincidence. Really, it is. And we've always had the 'Twirl' :reddancer: :lol:

I love the dress and I bought it... :lol:

I'm 40 and Fabulous.... :reddancer:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
A little off topic so who has watched the movie Gone With The Wind?

:look:

:hide:

Shimmie raises hand.

It was a history project on African Americans who don't know nothing bout' birthing no babies...

Fiddlely Dee... Shame on me.

I know that 4 hour movie by heart....

"Ashley'' O' Ashley, you do love me, don't you.

O' Scarlet, must I say so?

:look::look:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lol: I like wine and sometimes do drink hard liquor (whiskey or brandy) but it depends. I do like beer as well.

Tsingtao Chinese beer :lick::lick: and Corona with lime. Tipsy is as far as I'll go...but I don't like to even get that way. I don't hold it well so I'm very careful and never drink and drive.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :whyme:

Lawd! Where did I go wrong? I thought I taught you better.... :cry:

Aupar... you do not drink all of dat'... No... :nono:

Seriously, it's not good for your liver, Babygirl. No lecture, no judgment. It's just not good. I don't want you to get sick from that.

Iwanthealthyhair67

can I tell you that it is my favorite movie of all time, I got the DVD and everytime it's on TCM I watch it ...

fiddley dee

but I'd never think to use the word 'fabulous' in a sentence with GWTW, kwim?

:look:

:hide:

Shimmie raises hand.

It was a history project on African Americans who don't know nothing bout' birthing no babies...

Fiddlely Dee... Shame on me.

I know that 4 hour movie by heart....

"Ashley'' O' Ashley, you do love me, don't you.

O' Scarlet, must I say so?

:look::look:

auparavant

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :whyme:

Lawd! Where did I go wrong? I thought I taught you better.... :cry:

Aupar... you do not drink all of dat'... No... :nono:

Seriously, it's not good for your liver, Babygirl. No lecture, no judgment. It's just not good. I don't want you to get sick from that.

:look::look::look: HUH? I drink...not daily, sometimes, but every week or two...I'll have the occasional. These are the things I can stand in the way of alcohol. Nothing wrong in that. Why are you crying? :lachen: Ever have a hot toddy when you have the flu? It's still drinking. I know how to use medicine, even natural ones. Even O'Doul's is good with the non-alcoholic, but goes right to the belly...so I stay away from it now but I'd drink it when I was nursing for the nutrition. It's an old remedy to increase breast milk. I mean, I did say I drink. I like it. If you get drunk and drink so much you hurt yourself, that's where it's not good. You're thinking I'm taking all day long? Nah.

Shimmie

Staff member

I forgot to respond about having cable. Here's a bit of irony: I don't go to the movies. :nono: I won't spend my money there. I don't like movie theaters. The last movie I attended was October 18, 1990 to see Home Alone.

I'm not going to justify or condemn having cable. I have 'basic premium' cable, with Internet and phone; no hbo, etc.; it's a waste of money. I don't watch a lot of shows as tv is such a mad mess. Most of my time is spent in prayer / reading. I get prayer requests often and I need to be 'ready' to hear from the Lord.

I enjoy the cooking channel :up:

MrsHaseeb

I forgot to respond about having cable. Here's a bit of irony: I don't go to the movies. :nono: I won't spend my money there. I don't like movie theaters. The last movie I attended was October 18, 1990 to see Home Alone.

I'm not going to justify or condemn having cable. I have 'basic premium' cable, with Internet and phone; no hbo, etc.; it's a waste of money. I don't watch a lot of shows as tv is such a mad mess. Most of my time is spent in prayer / reading. I get prayer requests often and I need to be 'ready' to hear from the Lord.

I could have typed this word for word :)

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

Shimmie

Staff member
:look::look::look: HUH? I drink...not daily, sometimes, but every week or two...I'll have the occasional. These are the things I can stand in the way of alcohol. Nothing wrong in that. Why are you crying? :lachen: Ever have a hot toddy when you have the flu? It's still drinking. I know how to use medicine, even natural ones. Even O'Doul's is good with the non-alcoholic, but goes right to the belly...so I stay away from it now but I'd drink it when I was nursing for the nutrition. It's an old remedy to increase breast milk. I mean, I did say I drink. I like it. If you get drunk and drink so much you hurt yourself, that's where it's not good. You're thinking I'm taking all day long? Nah.

I was teasing you... :Rose: I don't think you drink all day nor each day. I should have made that clear and I apologize.

I will say this. I don't think 'Ladies' should drink. Hey, don't stone me. :bricks: It messes with the organs and it ages people.

I'm going to leave it alone. I don't want you to feel targeted. You're not. But I will be praying. :pray:

You are blessed.....:yep:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I actually stopped watch RHOA but all this talk on the board about 'Gone With The Wind Fabulous' made me curious so I checked it out... I'm twirling away now, lol

Shimmie

Staff member
I could have typed this word for word :)

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

:wave: Hey Pretty Lady...

Did you see me 'twirl' with my 'Gone with the wind... fabulous'? :reddancer: :lol:

Blessings to you MrsHaseeb ... :flowers:

I'm being a total 'cut-up' right now.

pebbles may send me home.... :look:

Hi Pebs, I'm twirlin' :reddancer:

Shimmie

Staff member
I actually stopped watch RHOA but all this talk on the board about 'Gone With The Wind Fabulous' made me curious so I checked it out... I'm twirling away now, lol

I'll admit it, it truly got the best of my curiosity. Folks are talking more about this than President Obama's re-election.

I wonder if Lady Michelle is 'twirling' too. She is forty and fabulous... :reddancer:

I wouldn't doubt that she and Mr. President are watching that show. :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
can I tell you that it is my favorite movie of all time, I got the DVD and everytime it's on TCM I watch it ...

fiddley dee

but I'd never think to use the word 'fabulous' in a sentence with GWTW, kwim?

The same here... I love that movie.

From what I gather with Kenya and the Gone with the wind fabulous comment, is that 'she's crazy.... :rofl: It doesn't make any sense to me. More than likely I'll be asking folks to please explain it.