Maxiglide is the TRUTH! (4/b natural. pix to follow)

Aquamarine

Hi there!
Maxiglide is the TRUTH! (4/b natural. pix included!)

(((disclaimer: I don't work for Maxiglide or any of their affiliates lol)))

(((disclaimer 2: I love natural hair and wouldn't advocate the use of heating tools on a regular basis because I think that it defeats the purpose of naturally free hair)))

I found the Maxiglide flat iron at Bed Bath and Beyond after seeing one of my Myspace friends' mention that she bought her's there. It cost 80 dollars. If it doesn't work, BB&B will give a refund if you keep the receipt. That was cool lol.

I always wanted to try it, but it was so expensive through that infomercial that I didnt' want to risk it.

Anywho, I've been 100% natural for 11 months (longest I've ever stayed natural!) and wanted a change. I started off last July with almost a bald haircut. My hair is mostly 4b (sides and front) with 4/a at the crown and nape (hate those typing classifications, but I use them for the sake of simplicty). It's very, dense, thick, wiry and cottony with zero curl pattern around the edges. I've just been a bit bored with my headband fro and twists. This tool will save me from getting a relaxer for a looong time if the mood ever strikes again.

My mother is also a 4/b natural and she let me experiment on a section of her freshly washed fro today. WOW! I couldn't beleive that it worked!! The iron goes all the way to a 10 heat setting. I started off by using an 8 for her. Unbelievable! Downside is now she wants me to do her whole head! lol

Next, I used the iron on the front of my fro...the bang area. Unreal. I have fine, coarse, kinky hair around the front and sides and it straightened my hair with only a level 3 heat setting. (sorry mom, I did't know lol)

The problem I had with so many other expensive flat irons is that they'd straighten the roots of my hair, but left the ends kinky. What was the point of straightening the hair, if I couldn't get my comb through the ends? The Maxiglide made it possible for me to run a fine toothed rattail comb through my hair from root to tip with only one pass of the iron.

Anyway, Just as a test, I applied a little shampoo and water from the sink to the ironed bang area to see if my napps would return. Within minutes of sudsing, I could see my wave pattern coming back...then I rinsed and voila!....shrinky dink kinks again as if I never touched it.

So I'm about to go shampoo and apply a black color rinse (I have a few silver hairs that I hide) to my fro. I'm gonna section it and us the Maxiglide then I'll be back to post some before and after pix tonight.

Last edited:

scorpian

Aquamarine said:
(((disclaimer: I don't work for Maxiglide or any of their affiliates lol)))

(((disclaimer 2: I love natural hair and wouldn't advocate the use of heating tools on a regular basis because I think that it defeats the purpose of naturally free hair)))

I found the Maxiglide flat iron at Bed Bath and Beyond after seeing one of my Myspace friends' mention that she bought her's there. It cost 80 dollars. If it doesn't work, BB&B will give a refund if you keep the receipt. That was cool lol.

I always wanted to try it, but it was so expensive through that infomercial that I didnt' want to risk it.

Anywho, I've been 100% natural for 11 months (longest I've ever stayed natural!) and wanted a change. I started off last July with almost a bald haircut. My hair is mostly 4b (sides and front) with 4/a at the crown and nape (hate those typing classifications, but I use them for the sake of simplicty). It's very, dense, thick, wiry and cottony with zero curl pattern around the edges. I've just been a bit bored with my headband fro and twists. This tool will save me from getting a relaxer for a looong time if the mood ever strikes again.

My mother is also a 4/b natural and she let me experiment on a section of her freshly washed fro today. WOW! I couldn't beleive that it worked!! The iron goes all the way to a 10 heat setting. I started off by using an 8 for her. Unbelievable! Downside is now she wants me to do her whole head! lol

Next, I used the iron on the front of my fro...the bang area. Unreal. I have fine, coarse, kinky hair around the front and sides and it straightened my hair with only a level 3 heat setting. (sorry mom, I did't know lol)

The problem I had with so many other expensive flat irons is that they'd straighten the roots of my hair, but left the ends kinky. What was the point of straightening the hair, if I couldn't get my comb through the ends? The Maxiglide made it possible for me to run a fine toothed rattail comb through my hair from root to tip with only one pass of the iron.

Anyway, Just as a test, I applied a little shampoo and water from the sink to the ironed bang area to see if my napps would return. Within minutes of sudsing, I could see my wave pattern coming back...then I rinsed and voila!....shrinky dink kinks again as if I never touched it.

So I'm about to go shampoo and apply a black color rinse (I have a few silver hairs that I hide) to my fro. I'm gonna section it and us the Maxiglide then I'll be back to post some before and after pix tonight.

I purchased the maxi and miniglide from bed bath and beyond also
I used it today for the first time to press my daughters hair for her dance recital instead of braiding her hair.I love these irons!!!!I am glad that I did the press with these irons instead of doing braid extensions.(that story is in the thread titled Weaves on Preteens)I have the chi original iron and the solia iron neither one of them even came close to the results that I got using the maxi and miniglide

Last edited:

Tee

Cant wait to see pics.

Glad it did a great job on your daughters hair also Scorpian.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I love my maxiglide as well.

The only potential problems I see is that setting 8 is really hot/high and you didn't mention using a heat protectant.

I've been able to get my hair straight on setting 4 and didn't have any problem with my hair reverting back after it was washed.

Gryphyn

I bought one months ago, but it was too wide to do my hair at the time because my hair was shorter. I returned it for a good blow dryer, which I don't even use anymore :p. I've used my mom's cheapy flat iron the few times I pressed my hair. I've only done it twice because I'm trying to avoid heat right now, but I do like to change up my style a bit. I think I'll purchase another Maxiglide since it will be less humid in fall and my hair will be a bit longer. :)