May 2009~Hits & Misses~

CaramelPrincezz

Hits: DCing overnight with LeKair Cholesterol PLUS mixed with honey, EVOO, Kemi Oyl, and Castor Oil.
Followed that up with 5 minutes of Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Used Nexxus Phyto Organix Humectin as a leave in

OH EM GEE! My hair is sooooo soft right now and it's airdried! Think I just found my new summer routine.

It's the first of the month!!!

Aggie

Hit:

Epsom salt mixed with conditioner, microwave-heated and applied to my hair for 20 minutes works wonders in softening up my new growth and hair:yep:.

CaramelPrincezz

I forgot...

Miss: Blowdrying. Won't be doing that anymore. My hair felt like brillo. This was a couple weeks ago though so I guess it isn't a May miss. Ah well..

LovelyLionessa

Hit:
Better Botanicals Herbal Hair Oil: this is a great ayurvedic oil that contains bhringraj, brahmi, and amla among other herbs. I also like that it doesn't have a terrible scent like some other ayurvedic oils I've used. It just smells earthy/herbal.

chebaby

hit: OHM sweet hair pudding. that stuff is amazing. its thick and it smells good so its a keeper. but something tells me that oyin shine and define is pretty much the same thing.

miss: darcy botanicles watermelon oil. it does nothing for my hair. at least it doesnt make it hard lol.

Aggie

Hit:
Better Botanicals Herbal Hair Oil: this is a great ayurvedic oil that contains bhringraj, brahmi, and amla among other herbs. I also like that it doesn't have a terrible scent like some other ayurvedic oils I've used. It just smells earthy/herbal.

Where did you get this oil LL? Better yet, where can I purchase it online?

Dposh167

Hit:
Ecostyler Gel (i never have to worry about my wet ponytail frizzing up. this stuff is amazing)

Qhemet Honeybush Tea Soft Holding Gel (its new..and i like it. doesn't hold as well as ecostyler...but this would be my 2nd fav)

Luscious Locks

Hit: Prepooing with oil. I used Doo Gro Oil. It went well. It significantly reduced breakage. I'm sold. It will be a staple from now on.

I followed it with a protein treatment (Joico DPR)

Toy

Hit: Hairveda Whipped Clouds,its very moisturing and makes my hair Soft keeper

Miss:none Yet

La Colocha

Hit- Ive said this before but i just love ao hsr and i love the smell.

Miss- Trying to shake up the dang bottle i hurt my wrist, Aubrey i love you sugar but it needs to be thinner to shake.:ohwell:

tatambabyy

hits: sunsilk hydra TLC conditioner, d14, castor oil(has and always will be a hit.)
miss: d3-too rough the d14 is perfect for my current length.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hit- Ive said this before but i just love ao hsr and i love the smell.

Miss- Trying to shake up the dang bottle i hurt my wrist, Aubrey i love you sugar but it needs to be thinner to shake.:ohwell:

I love AOHSR but I get a headache sometimes just trying to get that stuff out of the bottle.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oh my bad. I didn't see any others. Just saw the April one

Not a problem. Everyone seems to be posting in this one so the other one will probably stay buried in the back pages.

HITS
Coconut hair butter--light & fluffy yet it works on my thick hair
Hemp hairdressing--smells good and I like the consistency
Stretching my relaxers

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Miss: using baking soda to claify :nono: left my hair tangled and dry.
Another miss was the GVP version of Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner"

Hit: Coconut oil used to moisturize. GVP version of "Silk Infusion". I think i'm going to flat-iron once a month. :drunk:

MonaLisa

Hit:

It's now on the list.... :look:

Thanks cuz!

natstar

Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knot Today for twist out sets! I didn't want to use it for shingling again since I prefer more uniform curl pattern, and I didn't like my previous results. So I put knot today and a little KCCC on each wet section and twisted.

My twistout is super shiny, defined, and soft. Im gonna try it with braidouts. Hopefully it will be a staple for the summer!

MonaLisa

Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knot Today for twist out sets! I didn't want to use it for shingling again since I prefer more uniform curl pattern, and I didn't like my previous results. So I put knot today and a little KCCC on each wet section and twisted.

My twistout is super shiny, defined, and soft. Im gonna try it with braidouts. Hopefully it will be a staple for the summer!

I'm not a natural, but I feel compelled to try this out for my braidouts this summer...for some reason, my hair product gut is telling me it will work for me..

and I need to add a hit -- I can't recall the poster, but she is a fine haired natural with fabulous locks who uses henna regularly - she keeps it simple and doesn't wait for dye release...well, she was right, my hair feels strong and soft and no color change and no stained hands...I love it. It was simple with minimal stress to use. Will continue to henna this way.

Last edited:

Carolie

So far...

HIT:
- Tigi Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner (soooo yummy & made my hair soft)
- Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask (they only thing that has really helped get my new growth detangled)
- Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat (it left my hair ridiculously soft & frizz free. The first time EVER while I air dryed)

Miss:
Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Tea Tree Moisturizing shampoo (made my hair a knotted mess!!)

adw425

I concur about the Ohm sweet hair pudding (which is creamy). It is great as is the aloe gel and the hibiscus tea, which also has a gel like consistency. My hair likes jelly- and pudding-like leave-ins more when it starts to get humid and butter and thick creamy leave-ins or sealers more when it is less humid so I am using the first two more in all this rainy, humid Atlanta weather. They all smell just wonderful, too.

hit: OHM sweet hair pudding. that stuff is amazing. its thick and it smells good so its a keeper. but something tells me that oyin shine and define is pretty much the same thing.

miss: darcy botanicles watermelon oil. it does nothing for my hair. at least it doesnt make it hard lol.

Evazhair

Hits
Knot Today- good detangler for my relaxed hair
Sedu Shortie- good results, not too hot will be purchasing a 1 in when time comes
Ion anti chlorine leave in-nice detangler

Revisited from the stash:
Redken Real Control Leave in- hair like butta when used sparingly

Continued Hits:
Ramtirth Brahmi Oil:love: -smell doesn't bother me anymore
Mahabhringraj Oil-since starting in Dec, no shedding issues...
maka,hibiscus,methi, brahmi -staples in oils and dcs
Chi Silk Infusion- although it failed the reversion test last week will have to use in low humidity only

Dposh167

I'm not a natural, but I feel compelled to try this out for my braidouts this summer...for some reason, my hair product gut is telling me it will work for me..

u ain't the only one. I've been itchin' to try this too.
:look::look:off to check out you tube videos with KCCC

shtow

Hits
*EVOO on hair. I know Im late lol very moisturized hair but not weighed down. I dont have to worry about my hair getting hard when it's cold or it looking too heavy.
*Fantasia ICE pomade great on my nape and edges. I love this stuff!!!