One Year LHCF Anniversary!

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
First and foremost, I must thank all the wonderful ladies of LHCF for all the wisdom they provided in this forum. Second, I must give a shout out to @MrsHdrLe for giving me the courage to start this thread (my first!). So hopefully this will be helpful to someone.

I joined LHCF in Jan 2010 after getting tired of dealing with damaged NL/SL hair and was desperate for a change. My reggie has changed a lot of the year but below is what I am doing now:

Current regiment:
Wash days (1x/wk): DC overnight with Silk Elements MegaCholesterol and/or Nexxus Humectress mixed with EVCO, EVOO, Hot 6 Oil, Vitamin E oil, Peppermint oil (DC with ORS Replenishing Condish if I need protein)--not always; wash and condition; followed by ACV rinse; followed by leave-in conditioners (below) then air dry

If I don't DC on dry hair, I DC with the same after shampooing/conditioning.

Shampoos: Garnier Frutis Triple Nutrition (current), CON, now experimenting with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (love!)

Conditioners: Garnier Frutis Triple Nutrition (current), CON, experimenting with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (love too!)

Leave In Conditioners: Aphogee Keratin/Green Tea Reconstructor, Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In, Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure Strengthening Treatment
Followed by GVP Silk Remedy (generic of Chi Silk Infusion)

Co-Wash Days (3-4 days after wash days): VO5 Moisture Milks, Aussie Moist, Skala Ceramides G3 (toward the end of my stretch), Suave Humectant (wash with 2 at a time)--actually not co-washing this winter to decrease manipulation and excess dryness

Moisturize and seal 1-2/day with Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion or Mist and Hollywood Beauty Argan Oil Moroccan Treatment

Oil scalp (after wash and cowash days) with JBCO

Clarifying shampoo (once/month): ORS Uplifting Shampoo followed by ORS Hair Mayo (DC) with EVOO, Hot 6 oil, EVCO, Vitamin E Oil, and peppermint oil

Vitamins: Women's multivitamin (Stopped taking GNC Ultra Hair Nourishair and Biotin 2500mg in Sept)

Relax every 12 weeks; Henna/Indigo every 8-12 weeks

Heavy protein treatment (Aphogee 2 Step) one week before and after relaxing

PS: Buns, buns, buns...99% of time. I only blow dry for length checks (1 week after relaxing) and only flat iron (1-2/year for special events)

I have been battling bad breakage issues since July and tried so many things to stop it (which hasn't worked). So excuse my thin ends. I just found out that I have low iron and have sickle cell trait (2 days ago!!) so hopefully that is the cause of my breakage and once I take iron supplements, it will get better.

Enough of the talk, now for pics! (sorry for being so long winded)

Pic 1: Aug 2009; not a member of LHCF yet but starting my HHJ
Pic 2: Aug 2009 (back view, those ends, those ends!! :nono:)
Pic 3: March 2010 (after a trim to even ends, 1 week post, blowdried)
Pic 4: June 2010 (one week post, blowdried)
Pic 5: Sept 2010 (after using SplitEnder; one week post, blowdried)

Attachments

• DSC00062.jpg
    DSC00062.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC01275.jpg
    DSC01275.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

lavaflow99

More pics:

Pic 6: Dec 2010 (after trim; blowdried, 1 week post)
Pic 7: Dec 2010 (flat ironed); so saddened by my ends :nono:

So I reached my first goal of APL. This year I will aim for BSL and healthier ends.

Tis all....thanks for looking!! And any advice will be appreciated!!

Attachments

• DSC01908.JPG
    DSC01908.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01914.JPG
    DSC01914.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 87

ycj1

Wow Chica yr hair has transformed in a wonderful way. You initially had see through ends and now you have full healthy hair all the way down. You've done such a wonderful job. I am so happy for you sincerely! By this Dec you will no doubt be mbl! That is my ultimate prediction.:grin::lol:

lavaflow99

Wow Chica yr hair has transformed in a wonderful way. You initially had see through ends and now you have full healthy hair all the way down. You've done such a wonderful job. I am so happy for you sincerely! By this Dec you will no doubt be mbl! That is my ultimate prediction.:grin::lol:

What?? MBL by Dec?? I'll take it!! :spinning: Thanks a bunch!

DarkandLovely

Congrats!!! You have truely transformed your hair! You have not only achieved length but you have mastered thickening your tresses. As far as advice I say keep doing what you're doing b/c it is working for you :yep:

MrsHdrLe

:yay::yay::yay:!!! Thanks for being such a sweetheart! You're growing like a champ and have really turned a new leaf hair health wise. I'm rooting for you girl and Wonderful progress!:congrats:

lavaflow99

You did a great job! Got me looking forward to my lhcf anniversary!

Congrats on your progress!

Great progress! Keep up the good work!:congrats::bouncy:

Congrats!!! You have truely transformed your hair! You have not only achieved length but you have mastered thickening your tresses. As far as advice I say keep doing what you're doing b/c it is working for you :yep:

Great progress!!

Your hair looks a lot thicker Great Progress!!

Thanks so much ladies!!

lavaflow99

:yay::yay::yay:!!! Thanks for being such a sweetheart! You're growing like a champ and have really turned a new leaf hair health wise. I'm rooting for you girl and Wonderful progress!:congrats:

Thanks girl! I wouldn't have started this thread without your PM! :yep: