May Hits & Misses

Hits:
Mane 'n Tail conditioner (great for con washes)
Surge hair Revitalizer Plus 14 (Boadicea sent me this and I'm using it on one side of a breakage area and see the difference already!)
Toni&Guy Insights Moisture Injection Curl balm (absolutely perfect as a creamy, light-weight, curl inhancer leave-in)
Infusuim 23 mixed with water in a spraybottle
Pantene R&N Conditioner

Misses:
Botancial Treatment Shampoo (strips my hair of every single ounce of moisture, but it might be good as a clarifying treatment)
Nioxin (used with the above = Frizz day!!)

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Wait hold up. There's a product called tropical negro
shocked.gif
??? *reads as tropical knee-grow* I'm assuming that it is a dominican conditioner, but I thought I was seeing things for a minute
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it's a Dominican conditioner!

Hits:

Neutrogena TM shampoo, masque, daily conditoner and leave-in

Misses:
John Frieda dream curls(but it could be my technique)

eta: can't forget about the neutrogena serum
smile.gif

BIG HITS
Salerm 21 (like BUTTAH, and the shine!
love.gif
)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In (cream)
smile.gif

Denman brush (very good for wrapping
up.gif
)

Misses
None

BIG HITS
NTM Leave in conditioner (cream) Love it !! if Salerm 21 is even better than this I definitely will be trying to get
some!!!!

Elasta QP Mango Butter

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
shocked.gif
??? *reads as tropical knee-grow* I'm assuming that it is a dominican conditioner, but I thought I was seeing things for a minute
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Tropical has a lot of different packaging... Mine says "Negra". Spanish for "black".
smile.gif

Hit:
Coconut Milk
dancing.gif

ACV
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly (that's the spelling
laugh.gif
)
Ion Intensive Therapy Treatment

Jury Still Out:
NOW Virgin Coconut Oil (I think it's a good product, but maybe my hair just doesn't like it, b/c it feels dry today
ohwell.gif
)

Misses:
None I can recall at the moment

[ QUOTE ]

TIGI chocolate head (I did EVERYTHING, and tried EVERYWAY suggested and it still does NOTHING for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the TIGI chocolate head in late April, received it in May, and did not like it. It made my hair hard as a rock. I had to follow up with my Kenra moisturizing conditioner.

BIG HIT:

EVOO/Honey/CO as a conditioner mixture for my daughter's naturals. Talk about slip and detangleability
up.gif

Hits
Profectiv Breakfree
Audrey Organic Island Butter shampoo (I added a little almond oil and glycerin to the mix its ok now). Before it stripped my hair.
Audrey Organic Island Butter Rinse (awesome) my hair is frizz free even after air drying. My hair is moist and full looking. A keeper.

HITS:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque
Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk

MISSES:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo (left hair gunky)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Oil Treatment (Left hair matted, but all oils do that to my hair)
Dove Daily Deep Conditioner (stopped working for me, my hair started shrinking up and tangling)
Garnier Fructis Spray Gel (took weeks to get the top layer of my hair to work right after using this)

Hits:

Salerm 21
NTM
Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense Serum
Loreal NT Unfrizz Taming Creme
Vive Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Creme
Garnier Smoothing Milk (unfortunately the same as NT Unfrizz Taming Creme)
Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioning Masque
Vive Smooth-Intense Masque
Pure Avocado Butter from FNWL
Arosci Texturizer

Jury Still Out:

Loreal Vive Shampoos and Conditioners - the Nutri-Moisture conditioner does give super slip though!

Misses:

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding (Curve Salon) - I HATE this stuff! $28 down the drain, made my hair hard and crunchy, didn't help the shrinkage, smell gives me a headache... I'll try it again though on my newly texturized hair and see what happens... I do like it for smoothing down edges though...

Generic Value Products Nexxus Humectress - Don't see the point - and it still has the OLD Humectress ingredient formulation.

Clairol T&T Relaxer, Mild - led to failed texturizer attempt - my hair laughed at it...

Kerastase Oleo-Relax Finishing Spray - Drying... Also dampens hair and leads to the frizz it claims to prevent... Hits the wallet hard... NOPE.

Didn't get to try:

Charles Worthington Relax and Unwind Straightening Balm (snagged for $3 on sale at Ulta)

A load of Kenra Samples including a Straightening Balm

hit: black & sassy creamy set
renewal 5X conditioner
kemi oyl (my staple product)

miss:
marc anthony curl defining lotion

Hits:
NTM serum and conditioner
Sauve Humectant conditioner
Sauve Awapuhi conditioner (as leave-in)
Fantasia Frizz Buster Shampoo

Misses:
None(so far so good)

Hits
Phyto Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm (Thank you Jesus for bringing this into my life! This product significantly straightens new growth without the use of heat!)

NTM Leave-in (creamy) used on dry hair (nothing to write home about on wet hair, but great as a moisturizer on dry hair, especially mixed with the serum!)

Coconut Milk (I love how this moisturizes and softens my hair!)

Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer (I was so skeptical about this, but I am now a believer!!)

*Disclaimer: To my fellow PJs on the May Challenge, the aforementioned products (except the coconut milk, which is technically a food product, I might add) were all purchased in April. So there!
tongue.gif

Hits:
NTM Shampoo
love.gif

VO5 Raspberry
love.gif

VO5 Pear & Mango Passion Conditioner
love.gif

Will Try Again:
Dove Moisture Rich Color Conditioner
I bought this mistakenly, it was pretty good. Not a lot of slip, but made my hair really soft. I will try it again as a condr wash.

Misses:

Praline Condr. (Pink) {I couldn't read the full name of it}: I got it from the meet. It did leave my hair soft and I didn't mind the perfumey smell..I'm in love with smells, but it didn't detangle or give any slip. But it did leave my hair really really soft. It might work for someone else, so I'll bring it to the next meet.

*Thanks Pepperanne for bringing it.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
shocked.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont make fun of my typo
ohwell.gif
Girl the jar actually reads
Tropical Negra
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
*Disclaimer: To my fellow PJs on the May Challenge, the aforementioned products (except the coconut milk, which is technically a food product, I might add) were all purchased in April. So there!

[/ QUOTE ]
Mmmhmmm....suuuuuure it was....
laugh.gif
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And ya know big sista is watching ya too
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
shocked.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont make fun of my typo
ohwell.gif
Tropical Negra
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
I'm sorry Labett but that is too funny girl...tropical negro...
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
When I read that I pictured this big, dark mandingo brother walking down the beach
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
Hits: Kera Care Leave-In Conditioner!
Burt Bee's Avocado Butter
Kiehl's Creme With Silk Groom

Miss: Biolage Leave-In Tonic doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you like the Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I got it based on your reviews!
wink.gif
smile.gif

Hit: Grade: B+
scurl - leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft (but i wouldnt use it that often)

Not sure: Grade: B
john frieda dream curl. it worked but i can get
my hair just like it without the use of that product.. :|

Miss: Grade: F
black and sassy night time cream - felt like vasoline wen i first put it on, left my hair crunchie the next day.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
shocked.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont make fun of my typo
ohwell.gif
Tropical Negra
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
When I read that I pictured this big, dark mandingo brother walking down the beach
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Oops I didn't know! Thought that was really the name of the product
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And ya know big sista is watching ya too
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Yes big sista armyqt!*hiding my walgreens/cvs/sally's sale papers*
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
shocked.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont make fun of my typo
ohwell.gif
Tropical Negra
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
When I go on my cruise I do want find a tropical [** potty mouth **].
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
HIT -- Got2B SoSmooth Creme Straightener
(anyone looking to extend time
between touchups may
want to give this a try )

[/ QUOTE ]

Jainygirl - What's in this..

[ QUOTE ]
virtuasis said:

Generic Value Products Nexxus Humectress - Don't see the point - and it still has the OLD Humectress ingredient formulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I didn't know that. What is the difference between the new Humectress and the old? I have been using the generic and it has been working fine but now I am wondering if I need to invest in the real deal.
ohwell.gif

Back