Maybe I don't know how to blow dry my hair?

Soul♥Flower

I need help, I would really like to get that soft straight look of salon blow dried hair. I have 4 something hair and when I blow dry it gets hard, dry, natty, and my ends split. Am I doing something wrong?

Other people can use blow dryers and flat iron their hair with no problem. I don't usually blow dry my hair, but when I do (like once or twice a year)why on earth does my sustain so much damage?

Does anyone have any techniques to minimize blow drying damage

caribeandiva

Human being
when i blow dry my hair it does the same thing. i learned to blow dry in sections and that tames some of the wildness. the flatiron tames the rest.

shunta

rinygirl6 said:
I need help, I would really like to get that soft straight look of salon blow dried hair. I have 4 something hair and when I blow dry it gets hard, dry, natty, and my ends split. Am I doing something wrong?

Other people can use blow dryers and flat iron their hair with no problem. I don't usually blow dry my hair, but when I do (like once or twice a year)why on earth does my sustain so much damage?

Does anyone have any techniques to minimize blow drying damage
Do you necessarily have to blow dry? If so, to get the straight look, I would use minimal products so my hair could be bouncy. But I dont blow dry anymore, when I want the straight look I will just do a wet wrap and go under the dryer. Now my ends look sooo much better since Ive stopped blowdrying:ohwell: BTW, are you using a heat protectant?

Soul♥Flower

shunta said:
Do you necessarily have to blow dry? If so, to get the straight look, I would use minimal products so my hair could be bouncy. But I dont blow dry anymore, when I want the straight look I will just do a wet wrap and go under the dryer. Now my ends look sooo much better since Ive stopped blowdrying:ohwell: BTW, are you using a heat protectant?

Well, I don't HAVE to blow dry but I would like to have the option, because I am stretching my relaxers and I am too lazy to take the time to press or flat iron just the roots.

But I think maybe I'll try doing it in sections. How many sections? Four maybe?

shunta

rinygirl6 said:
Well, I don't HAVE to blow dry but I would like to have the option, because I am stretching my relaxers and I am too lazy to take the time to press or flat iron just the roots.

But I think maybe I'll try doing it in sections. How many sections? Four maybe?
Okay well one more thing. If you are stretching your relaxers, you can just blow dry the roots right? And then your ends wont be split. Just tryin' to help:)

Soul♥Flower

shunta said:
Okay well one more thing. If you are stretching your relaxers, you can just blow dry the roots right? And then your ends wont be split. Just tryin' to help:)

O.k. DUH! I never thought of that. Thanks Shunta! I like that idea better.

BerrySweet

caribeandiva said:
when i blow dry my hair it does the same thing. i learned to blow dry in sections and that tames some of the wildness. the flatiron tames the rest.
Blowdry in sections, using a serum, and keeping the hair thats waitingto be dried, still damp, use a paddle or round brush (I like the round myself).

Victorian

old head
My blowdrying technique sucked until I found LHCF years ago :lol: Just as with flatironing, the smaller the sections, the better your hair will turn out. Start at the nape and work your way up for a sleeker look, do the opposite for bigger hair. Don't blowdry all the way to the ends--there's no need because they'll dry quickly on their own, and drying them directly may cause damage. If you're trying to get your hair straight, especially with lots of newgrowth, remember that tension is (almost) everything when you're blowdrying. You don't need to turn the dryer up on "Hades" to get your hair straight, but you do need to make sure the hair is completely detangled and pulled taught. That's why it's easier to do with more sections rather than fewer.

When I'm going to blowdry I shampoo, deep condition, and choose ONE (1) extra thing to put on my hair. It may be a serum or a blowdrying product, whatever. Use it sparingly but don't skimp on your ends since they need the most protection. I usually end up blowdrying in 12-16 sections, depending on how lazy I start to get towards the end :lol:
I always keep a spray bottle of water handy because my hair air dries quickly and I always need to rewet hair during the last half.

I prefer an attachment because I'm not very coordinated and I need that free hand to position and fix things. I'm a big fan of hatchet style dryers with the natural bristle brush attachments (sometimes called "stylers").

Ebonygurl00

BlackCardinal said:
My blowdrying technique sucked until I found LHCF years ago :lol: Just as with flatironing, the smaller the sections, the better your hair will turn out. Start at the nape and work your way up for a sleeker look, do the opposite for bigger hair. Don't blowdry all the way to the ends--there's no need because they'll dry quickly on their own, and drying them directly may cause damage. If you're trying to get your hair straight, especially with lots of newgrowth, remember that tension is (almost) everything when you're blowdrying. You don't need to turn the dryer up on "Hades" to get your hair straight, but you do need to make sure the hair is completely detangled and pulled taught. That's why it's easier to do with more sections rather than fewer.

When I'm going to blowdry I shampoo, deep condition, and choose ONE (1) extra thing to put on my hair. It may be a serum or a blowdrying product, whatever. Use it sparingly but don't skimp on your ends since they need the most protection. I usually end up blowdrying in 12-16 sections, depending on how lazy I start to get towards the end :lol:
I always keep a spray bottle of water handy because my hair air dries quickly and I always need to rewet hair during the last half.

I prefer an attachment because I'm not very coordinated and I need that free hand to position and fix things. I'm a big fan of hatchet style dryers with the natural bristle brush attachments (sometimes called "stylers").

Thank you for this info! I currently don't use heat, but if I decide to, I'll use this method.