MEASURING Hair Growth

CynamonKis

Okay I know this sounds dumb but.....
How do you ACCURATELY measure hair growth? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I TRIED this recently to see what progress has been made after a month of great hair habits. I thought I found the smallest strand in my hair but, uh, no that wasn't it. Then I thought I found the longest strands and, uh, no that wasn't it either. HOW do I accomplish it, short of dyeing a patch red in the back & measuring that each month????

How do you all do it??? Please advise. Thanks.

ms_kenesha

I don't know how accurate this is, but I take a tailor's meas. tape and put the front end of it at my hairline in the front and put the tape back down my head as if it's one long strand of hair from my widows peak to the very ends of my hair in the back. Whatever that meas. is that's how I meas. the only thing is this meas. also takes your head into account so if you've got a big head your 14 in. might not be someone else's 14 in length. Did I make sense /images/graemlins/confused.gif!!!

hairfanatic

SherryLove, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I was scrolling down to the end of that paging and I was thinking...boy, it would be great if I had hair that long where I could pull it down with my hands and easily see where the tape stops. /images/graemlins/smile.gifInstead I have to always use my two mirrors and try to hold the tape flat. /images/graemlins/frown.gif