Men worship

14got

Ladies

I'm starting to believe that my church is more about the man than GOD. Some services we don't even OPEN the Bible or use one verse

Oh wow...
What does he preach about then?
I know a lot of Church folks will become groupies after men and not God's word. If our Pastor leaves on a Sunday, there are a few people who will not show up. When he was on TV we were busting out of the seams.

We had a preacher preach off of the forest gump movie, and I was not feeling that word at all that day. It blessed a lot of people, but for me I was like when is he going to open the bible? He pretty much was talking about how Jenny was a mess and got fixed up in the end and used it as an analogy of what God does for us. But I wasn't feeling it at all.

He preaches about whatever MESS is going on. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't and I am ready to leave

IMHO I think it is very important for the Bible to be used everytime because after all it is God's Word. How are you supposed to get God's thinking, feelings on different matters if you don't use His word? Otherwise its just what someone may think or their opinion and that does nothing for a person's spiritual growth.

TBird said:
IMHO I think it is very important for the Bible to be used everytime because after all it is God's Word. How are you supposed to get God's thinking, feelings on different matters if you don't use His word? Otherwise its just what someone may think or their opinion and that does nothing for a person's spiritual growth.

I know right. I need to find a church home in my town

Joel Osteen did that about 2 or 3 weeks ago. As matter of fact, it sometimes takes him quite a few minutes before he references the bible.

Kei said:
He preaches about whatever MESS is going on. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't and I am ready to leave
In this case, you should consider leaving if he does not preach in accordance with the Word of God.

I am babe. I need to find a church home in my community. I still don't know any seasoned women here

Back