MHM Hangout

If you are doing a protein treatment other than cherry lola which step would that be in this regime, before or after the clay step?

If you are doing a protein treatment other than cherry lola which step would that be in this regime, before or after the clay step?

I use Millcreek Botanicals as my protein and I usually do it before everything. So I do protein, then ACV, then DC and then Clay

I went product hunting today and picked up more avocado conditioner. The pj in me also couldn't resist Taliah waajid enhancing herbal conditioner.

Skala avocado conditioner ingredients - deionized water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, Persia gratissima, avocado extract, petrolatum, glutaral, citric acid, fragrance, CI 19140 and CI 42090.

TW conditioner ingredients - Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerol, Olive Oil (Olea Europaena), DMDM Hydantoin, Mineral Oil, Wheat Germ Extract (Traticum Vulgare, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf), Walnut Seed Oil Extract (Luglans Regia), Vitamin E (Tocophe-rol), Thyme (Thymus Vulgar), Calendula (Calendula Officinails), Polquatermium # 32, Yellow #1.

I didn't notice the mineral oil till I got home :(

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I usually do protein between step 1 and 2. So I wash, do protein, DC, clay, etc.

I'm low porosity so I have to wash my hair first before I can put anything else on it. Otherwise it won't work.

I do the cherry lola in replacement of step 1 on dirty hair. I apply it on damp hair because it's easier to apply then on dry hair.

I went product hunting today and picked up more avocado conditioner. The pj in me also couldn't resist Taliah waajid enhancing herbal conditioner.

Skala avocado conditioner ingredients - deionized water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, Persia gratissima, avocado extract, petrolatum, glutaral, citric acid, fragrance, CI 19140 and CI 42090.

TW conditioner ingredients - Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerol, Olive Oil (Olea Europaena), DMDM Hydantoin, Mineral Oil, Wheat Germ Extract (Traticum Vulgare, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf), Walnut Seed Oil Extract (Luglans Regia), Vitamin E (Tocophe-rol), Thyme (Thymus Vulgar), Calendula (Calendula Officinails), Polquatermium # 32, Yellow #1.

I didn't notice the mineral oil till I got home :(

I was going to mention the mineral oil but then I read through. Just take it back.

The skala has petrolatum in it.

I do the cherry lola in replacement of step 1 on dirty hair. I apply it on damp hair because it's easier to apply then on dry hair.

If you are responding to deborah, she wanted to know when you do a protein treatment where do you use it in the steps. She isn't doing the cherry lola. She is using regular protein.

I was going to mention the mineral oil but then I read through. Just take it back. The skala has petrolatum in it.

Yeah, I mixed the Skala with baking soda and applied to my hair already.....dammit! Washing out now. Hopefully, the clay will remove any residue.....

I usually do protein between step 1 and 2. So I wash, do protein, DC, clay, etc.

I'm low porosity so I have to wash my hair first before I can put anything else on it. Otherwise it won't work.

Maybe I should do that, cause I always feel like my hair isnt taking the protein affectively.

I think I'll try that this weekend.

I just got a specially designated 'Clay Bottle'. It has the same sort of top as a bottle of Dawn, nothing fancy, but I have a question. How are we getting rid of lumps in the clay? Is it the oil and/ or honey? Cuz I've only been mixing clay, water (sometimes leftover diluted ACV), and some Irish Moss powder for thickening and nutrients and such. It's normally a little lumpy, but that's easy to handle in a bowl. How are y'all managing with bottles?

I just got a specially designated 'Clay Bottle'. It has the same sort of top as a bottle of Dawn, nothing fancy, but I have a question. How are we getting rid of lumps in the clay? Is it the oil and/ or honey? Cuz I've only been mixing clay, water (sometimes leftover diluted ACV), and some Irish Moss powder for thickening and nutrients and such. It's normally a little lumpy, but that's easy to handle in a bowl. How are y'all managing with bottles?

I tried a bottle the first day and it was a complete mess so I stuck to mixing in a bowl. The lumps drove me crazy the first few days then I started using a whisk which smoothens out everything right nice...

I add warm water, clay, acv and then whatever else and shake. tashboog gave me the tip that adding acv to the mix in the bottle helped it to come out smooth. It has been smooth for me ever since.

I just mix mine in a bowl since I only make enough for one application and its easier to scoop rather than squeezing the bottle each time I want more clay.

So I was doing some research on YouTube and watching videos and it seems some people feel there's some sort of baking soda conspiracy going on - mhm is fake, doesn't work, baking soda will dissolve hair, practitioners are delusional, trying to attain curl definition on 4c hair is a form of self hate, 4c hair is dry and brittle and you must accept it, etc, etc. I had no idea there was an opposition movement to a hair regimen. I'm flummoxed.... :perplexed:.

Last edited:
honeybee I use the same method as FaithVA. I to make sure there's no clumps of unmixed powder at the bottom, I stir a little with a chop stick lol and then continue to shake the large applicator bottle vigorously. I cover the top with my hand. I don't use the lid as it's easier to pour the mix into my hand.

So I was doing some research on YouTube and watching videos and it seems some people feel there's some sort of baking soda conspiracy going on - mhm is fake, doesn't work, baking soda will dissolve hair, practitioners are delusional, trying to attain curl definition on 4c hair is a form of self hate, 4c hair is dry and brittle and you must accept it, etc, etc. I had no idea there was an opposition movement to a hair regimen. I'm flummoxed.... :perplexed:.

Did you miss the two other LHCF thread before this one? They were tame but they could have gone there.

Yes many things have been said about the method and the people doing it. I am as perplexed as you. :yep:

People will always have negative things to say no matter what...primarily ill informed people.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Did you miss the two other LHCF thread before this one? They were tame but they could have gone there. Yes many things have been said about the method and the people doing it. I am as perplexed as you. :yep:

I didn't know there were two other threads before this. I must have a look at them.

FaithVA,
What do you wash your hair with? I am low porosity too!

[USER said:
deborah11;20900079[/USER]]FaithVA,
What do you wash your hair with? I am low porosity too!

I'm all over the place. The last time I did a protein treatment, I used curls ecstasy conditioner mixed with water and baking soda. But I also use acv or sometimes shampoo. I'm getting ready to buy a cowash conditioner because I'm tired of mixing.

What have you been using?

Day 5 complete. I think today were the best results yet. Finger combing was amazing. In and out with no tangles at all. Half way through the bottle of KCKT already. Lawd, this is getting expensive!

I'm traveling this week and will only be able to get to day 6 before I leave. I will be staying with my sis and I can't imagine she will put up with me turning her bathroom into a pig sty every two days.....I'll be gone for 2 weeks so I will have to do some modified steps. I wanted to do a cherry Lola treatment too for some protein but I guess that will have to wait till January.....

I've been sealing with almond oil since I started but I'm thinking of using wheat germ oil for day 6. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
Well take your sense of humor with you when you read them.

Well I went through them and I'm surprised at some peoples militant stance. It's hair.... If you don't want to try it, ok, but you can't be calling people names and what not for wanting to try it, trying it and liking it and continuing to do it. Smh...ignorance is a real affliction......

Day 5 complete. I think today were the best results yet. Finger combing was amazing. In and out with no tangles at all. Half way through the bottle of KCKT already. Lawd, this is getting expensive!

I'm traveling this week and will only be able to get to day 6 before I leave. I will be staying with my sis and I can't imagine she will put up with me turning her bathroom into a pig sty every two days.....I'll be gone for 2 weeks so I will have to do some modified steps. I wanted to do a cherry Lola treatment too for some protein but I guess that will have to wait till January.....

I've been sealing with almond oil since I started but I'm thinking of using wheat germ oil for day 6. Has anyone tried this?

I tried sealing once with wheatgerm oil underneath KCC, alas I didn't have good results as I suffered a copious amount of flakes:nono:. I'd never tried to seal with an oil and gel prior to this, so don't know if it was my technique or if those two things just don't play nice together.
If you do use it, please let me know your results.

ETA: I think this may have had more to do with my gel application. I have since tried WGO again and it's my favourite oil so far (I haven't tried many though) as it doesn't leave my hair heavy at all, and soaks right into my skin.

Last edited:

Did you dilute your kknt. 2 oz diluted would give you another 6 to 8 oz.

Did you dilute your kknt. 2 oz diluted would give you another 6 to 8 oz.

I sure did. In fact today, I realised I'd almost turned it into water during the leave in stage :lachen:. I am doing everything to make it last but I have so much hair. I think the longer your hair is, the more expensive this will be. I'm considering just making my own conditioner.

Back