Question for the crown and glory challengers

illustrioussplendor

I am starting the crown and glory method next week. I will be wearing a sew-in for the first two months. the extensions will be sewn onto a net. Those of you who are wearing sew-ins, if you used the net method were you still able to maintain your hair underneath, and if so could you explain your regimen? TIA

Urban

I put in braids 2 weeks ago, prior to that had a weave with a net underneath. I didn't have too many problems with maintainance. On washing I just made sure to lift all the lines of hair to expose the net underneath. I've been using ayurvedic powder tea rinses, I'd just pour the tea directly onto the net and it would pass through onto the hair. Applying conditioner was the hardest .... I'd just apply it on the net then massage it in, until it had seeped in through the net. When I started mixing my conditioner with oils, it of course became more watery, but it made it easier to get through the net.

My regimen:

Wash and condition using ayurvedic powders 2x a week
Deep condition 2x a week
Clarify 1x a month
Dilute shampoo 1x a month

I've only started using megatek in the past two days aswell.

That's it. HTH!

Urban

p.s. I also tried to moisturize daily with a water/aloe vera juice mix using a spritz bottle.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I put in braids 2 weeks ago, prior to that had a weave with a net underneath. I didn't have too many problems with maintainance. On washing I just made sure to lift all the lines of hair to expose the net underneath. I've been using ayurvedic powder tea rinses, I'd just pour the tea directly onto the net and it would pass through onto the hair. Applying conditioner was the hardest .... I'd just apply it on the net then massage it in, until it had seeped in through the net. When I started mixing my conditioner with oils, it of course became more watery, but it made it easier to get through the net.

My regimen:

Wash and condition using ayurvedic powders 2x a week
Deep condition 2x a week
Clarify 1x a month
Dilute shampoo 1x a month

I've only started using megatek in the past two days aswell.

That's it. HTH!

I don't wear weaves but ITA with what she said. Just make you rinse well to remove all traces of conditioner.