MHM Hangout

I buy my Hello Curly from Hattache. It's annoying that so few online vendors sell it (I think just Hattache and the Hello Curly website). But Hattache's shipping is decently priced and very quick!

ETA: in another thread someone shared the news the owner was going to stop making it, but then she changed her mind. I don't know all the details, and I haven't had to repurchase in a while.

Thanks. I will check Hattache out. I think I may just keep my eye on this for now to see if she continues to sell it. It is out of stock on her main site.

[USER=374975 said:
SpiceUpMyHair[/USER];20784273]faithVA
I know you don't wash and go's, so for step #4 are you still wetting your hair until it's soak and wet b4 you apply your styler?

Not necessarily until it is soaking wet. I apply a lot of the diluted kknt. It will be very wet but not necessarily soaking wet as in dripping wet. And sometimes I don't apply my styler right after. Usually I'm getting all of my styling stuff together, relocating to a different room, getting a snack and starting a movie before I ever put the styler on. I put the styler on only the section I am twisting up and not my entire head.

I tried rhassoul last night and you were right faithVA, I definitely like it better than the bentonite. It went on better and I like the way it feels. I felt like I used more though but it could've been that I was more heavy handed with it since it was smoother. The main rhing I noticed was that my hair was curly with the rhassoul in it. When I use bentonite my hair is pretty much straight. My scalp doesn't feel dry and tight either like it does when I use bentonite. Yeah I'll be sticking with this for now.

I think you may be right about using more. Maybe in the future I will try mixing the rhassoul and bentonite to see if I can stretch it. For right now though I'm just going to enjoy having my hair feel good after the clay.

If you want to see hair of ladies doing MHM go toInstagramia

Click the Tags link

Type in one of the following

MaxHydrationMethod

MaximumHydrationMethod

MaxHydration

MaximumHydration

Tags for other related info
teammaxhydration
maxhydrationfamily
journeytomaxhydration
mhmfaqs
mhm101

Last edited:
hairtimes5 Thanks for the review on the hello curly. I've been hearing good things about it. Where did you buy yours from.

I got mine from the Hello Curly site right before she announced that she was going to shut down her company. She changed her mind the next day but in a mad rush to get their product, people cleared her out. The last time I checked it was back in stock, but that was over a week ago.

So I took out my faux locs yesterday (hair boredom) and washed and DC my hair. I didnt follow the MHM; except for ACV (but after the DC) and the leaveins.

My hair was soooo dry. It was like the DC never even touched my hair. I even used heat while I DC. After I washed the DC, my hair started to dry within minutes. Oh and mixing giovanni leavein, eco styler gel and shea butter is a HUGE :nono::nono:. However sealing my DC with the shea butter proved to be quite nice. For my shampoo I used Silk Elements moisturizing shampoo which stripped my hair and I used HE Co-cleanse conditioner as my DC. After I rinsed the DC I used ACV. I will def be doing MHM this weekend.

Since I am med-lo porosity I think I will use ACV after the clay. IDK, when I was using the ACV in the beginning it worked wonders for my hair. Maybe I'll keep it the same; using the ACV in the beginning.

Last edited:
So I took out my faux locs yesterday (hair boredom) and washed and DC my hair. I didnt follow the MHM; except for ACV (but after the DC) and the leaveins.

My hair was soooo dry. It was like the DC never even touched my hair. I even used heat while I DC. After I washed the DC, my hair started to dry within minutes. Oh and mixing giovanni leavein, eco styler gel and shea butter is a HUGE :nono::nono:. However sealing my DC with the shea butter proved to be quite nice. For my shampoo I used Silk Elements moisturizing shampoo which stripped my hair and I used HE Co-cleanse conditioner as my DC. After I rinsed the DC I used ACV. I will def be doing MHM this weekend.

Since I am med-lo porosity I think I will use ACV after the clay. IDK, when I was using the ACV in the beginning it worked wonders for my hair. Maybe I'll keep it the same; using the ACV in the beginning.

Just be mindful of changing up too many things at once. You want to be able to pinpoint what is working and what is causing a problem.

Have you used a cleansing conditioner as a deep conditioner before? It sounds a little scary to me, especially using it with heat.

Just be mindful of changing up too many things at once. You want to be able to pinpoint what is working and what is causing a problem.

Have you used a cleansing conditioner as a deep conditioner before? It sounds a little scary to me, especially using it with heat.

I've used the conditioner before; but the shampoo I havent used it in years (no wonder I still had it). I need to stick with more natural products. That shampoo is the devil.

I've used the conditioner before; but the shampoo I havent used it in years (no wonder I still had it). I need to stick with more natural products. That shampoo is the devil.

OK. Well just be careful. You used two cleansing products back to back. And you can always dilute your shampoo and add a little honey and oil to soften it up a bit.

Okay, I've managed to find 2 pics of my loose hair before MHM. The first pic is of my hair dry and unstretched. The second is my nape when wet. The third is my latest clay pic (13th cycle) and the fourth is my hair product free but soaking wet after the clay has been washed out. I have a ways to go in terms of hydration, but I don't mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-09-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-09-33.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-09-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-09-42.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-24.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-18-20-07-56.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 99
Sorry the pics are so small but it's not liking them unless I screen shot the originals. Not sure how to overcome this without a computer. Any tips are welcome☺.

Okay, I've managed to find 2 pics of my loose hair before MHM. The first pic is of my hair dry and unstretched. The second is my nape when wet. The third is my latest clay pic (13th cycle) and the fourth is my hair product free but soaking wet after the clay has been washed out. I have a ways to go in terms of hydration, but I don't mind.

Don't stress about the size. They look good. You pics show good progress.

It is going to be interesting to see the changes over time.

1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube, DanaB?, Aketafitgirl? Other? Please describe..I will be following Pinkecube's Regimen
2. When did you start the regimen? I haven't started yet. I have been slowly picking up approved products to give it a legit first shot this weekend
3. How often do you do the method? Initially I plan to complete the full regimen twice on the weekends, once during the weekend.
4. Benefits seen so farMy hair was definitely easier to detangle, but didn't feel any more moisturized. Maybe I should switch conditioners.
5. Anything else you would like to share.
6. Starting Photo First picture is my starting photo.
7. Current Picture if you have one. 2nd photo is a few strands of my hair after the first MHM treatment
8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.
1. Clarify: BS Rinse with TREsemme Naturals + BS, leave on for 15 minutes 2. Condition: DC/Cowash/Detangle with Tresemme Naturals for 30 minutes
3. Clay: Bentonite Clay+Water leave on for 15-30 minutes
4. Leave-In: Diluted KKKT
5. Seal: Curls Botanical Gel (M)

Hopefully this will help me with some of my dryness, SSKs and breakage I've been having. Up to this point, I've only been able to retain length if I weave it up. And I don't want to feel like I *have* to do that in order to grow my hair out. I've opted to wait and do the Cherry Lola treatment. Also, if I like the regimen I will try to do it for 7 consecutive days in December when I am off for a week.

Attachments

• image-3827454741.jpg
    image-3827454741.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2874415731.jpg
    image-2874415731.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
[USER=215500 said:
iheartcouture[/USER];20790647]1. Which regimen are you doing? Pinkecube, DanaB?, Aketafitgirl? Other? Please describe..I will be following Pinkecube's Regimen
2. When did you start the regimen? I haven't started yet. I have been slowly picking up approved products to give it a legit first shot this weekend
3. How often do you do the method? Initially I plan to complete the full regimen twice on the weekends, once during the weekend.
4. Benefits seen so farWill report back after this weekend
5. Anything else you would like to share.
6. Starting Photo Will post this weekend
7. Current Picture if you have one.
8. List your steps and products. New comers may find this helpful when looking at products and modifications.
1. Clarify: BS Rinse with TREsemme Naturals + BS, leave on for 15 minutes
2. Condition: DC/Cowash/Detangle with Tresemme Naturals for 30 minutes
3. Clay: Bentonite Clay+Water leave on for 15-30 minutes
4. Leave-In: Diluted KKKT
5. Seal: Curls Botanical Gel (M)

Hopefully this will help me with some of my dryness, SSKs and breakage I've been having. Up to this point, I've only been able to retain length if I weave it up. And I don't want to feel like I *have* to do that in order to grow my hair out. I've opted to wait and do the Cherry Lola treatment. Also, if I like the regimen I will try to do it for 7 consecutive days in December when I am off for a week.

Welcome to the hangout. Looking forward to seeing how your first time goes. Definitely let us know if you have any questions or challenges. Most of us have worked through issues we had in the initial days and have found a work around.

I think starting with every 3 or 4 days is good. It will help you get your rhythm. After you do it a few times you can then decide if you need/want to do 7 consecutive days or what your weekly schedule will be :yep:

I started the method at the end of May, beginning of June. What I've noticed over the months is that I don't notice changes week to week. I tend to notice changes every 5 to 6 weeks. I'm going to track that and see if that is true. I posted pictures in my blog so I know the last time I noticed changes.

Has anyone else noticed that it is several weeks before any noticeable changes?

I buy my Hello Curly from Hattache. It's annoying that so few online vendors sell it (I think just Hattache and the Hello Curly website). But Hattache's shipping is decently priced and very quick!

Speaking of Hattache, I just saw that they are featuring Mud Puddle for their Black Friday sale... Here's the site with all the black friday stuff, I'm sure you gals have seen this long ago (I'm just getting started here).

http://confessionsofablogvixen.com/2014/11/2014-natural-hair-black-friday-cyber-monday-sales/

Anyway, looks like it will be 25% off and free shipping over $65. Def gonna stock up if they have enough. :perplexed

Speaking of Hattache, I just saw that they are featuring Mud Puddle for their Black Friday sale... Here's the site with all the black friday stuff, I'm sure you gals have seen this long ago (I'm just getting started here).

http://confessionsofablogvixen.com/2014/11/2014-natural-hair-black-friday-cyber-monday-sales/

Anyway, looks like it will be 25% off and free shipping over $65. Def gonna stock up if they have enough. :perplexed

Thanks for the info hairdiva2002. No I didn't know about this. It's good news and bad news. Now I have to fight all of you LHCF ladies to get some product :lol: I'm going to have to stay up late so I can get my order in at 12:01. :ohwell:

Thanks for the info @hairdiva2002. No I didn't know about this. It's good news and bad news. Now I have to fight all of you LHCF ladies to get some product :lol: I'm going to have to stay up late so I can get my order in at 12:01. :ohwell:

No prob! I used that site last year and it ROCKED! I'll be up at 12:00:30 so I will beat you for sure... :grin:

I started the method at the end of May, beginning of June. What I've noticed over the months is that I don't notice changes week to week. I tend to notice changes every 5 to 6 weeks. I'm going to track that and see if that is true. I posted pictures in my blog so I know the last time I noticed changes.

Has anyone else noticed that it is several weeks before any noticeable changes?

I keep track via calendar entries on the dates I complete a cycle but looking through my pics I notice that I do not take pics every time. I took pics before starting and at the very beginning of me doing the method (09/09/14). I can see a noticeable difference in curl/wave definition exactly 4 weeks after starting. I can't decipher whether I am also seeing retained length or elongation from the moisture retained within my strands. Could be a bit of both. All is good. I'm hoping that constant GHE is helping to grow in my bald spot. What was smooth and shiny when I started, now has fine hairs growing in but I am waiting to see what is going on under there.

I recall the most noticeable difference in my hair was directly after I did my first modified Cherry Lola treatment. There was such a difference in definition that it almost freaked me out a little

So I looked on the MHM website yesterday, to see about other approved gels, and I decided to read up on ACV b/c I was thinking about switching to using BS; since I am lo po. However, the website states that I can still use ACV even though I am lo-po and that the heat that is generating from DC overnight will help penetrate the hair shaft. That makes sense, cause I could not understand why my hair responds well to the ACV even with me being lo-po.

So I looked on the MHM website yesterday, to see about other approved gels, and I decided to read up on ACV b/c I was thinking about switching to using BS; since I am lo po. However, the website states that I can still use ACV even though I am lo-po and that the heat that is generating from DC overnight will help penetrate the hair shaft. That makes sense, cause I could not understand why my hair responds well to the ACV even with me being lo-po.

Thanks for sharing this. I think other lo-po ladies would like to know they can use ACV as well and can make adjustments to step 2 to open their cuticles.

I forgot I said I was going to skip the clay step mid-week to make the process faster :ohwell: But it is giving me some time to continue to play around with the pink clay. The pink clay also emphasizes my splits so I can cut them out a little easier, although it is quite messy.

My definition is more pronounced now with the clay and I'm seeing some definition remain after I rinse. I've tried rinsing in cool water to see if that makes a difference but I can't say yet. By continuing to cut out the splits and doing the regimen twice a week, I do think I will be able to do a wng in April :yep:

I tried the pink clay with water, acv and honey. The honey didn't seem to matter. So next wash I will do pink clay, acv, honey and oil and hopefully it will apply easier.

I was able to twist my hair up in 30 to 45 minutes which is fabulous. So I'm happy with my hair right now. It's growing, I'm retaining and my moisture is lasting for 4 days.

When I get these splits under control, this regimen will be really good for me.

This is from NaturallyCurly.com

h2-curly-cocktails-for-absolute-beginners

Curly and coily haired women are notorious for taking matters into their own hands when it comes to their hair. We trim, style and even mix our own treatments. We like to call it Curly Mixology. But if you are new to the world of natural hair then it can be hard, and sometimes overwhelming, to know where to start. So here are two simple curly cocktails that we guarantee anyone can do at home.

DIY CoWash
If you've begun to care for your natural hair, you've probably heard by now that you need to keep shampooing to a minimum. That's not to say that you should stop shampooing, but when you do you want to make sure you are not stripping or drying your hair out too much. One of the easiest ways to do that is to mix conditioner into your shampoo.

RECIPE:

1 part shampoo - such as HAIRepair Invigorating Shampoo
3 parts daily conditioner - such as HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner
The amounts will really vary based on how long, thick and dense your hair is. So rather than telling you one tablespoon we prefer to give it to you in parts. Simply mix this together and shampoo as you normally would. Some curlies like to condition again after they cowash, but you should try this out for yourself and see if you need the extra moisture.

DIY Deep Treatment
It is important for naturals to do a deep treatment about once a week to make sure your hair isn't losing too much moisture.

RECIPE:

1 part conditioner - such as HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner
1 part oil - such as HAIRepair Silkening Serum
For this cocktail, simply mix equal parts of your favorite conditioner with your favorite oil. Apply this throughout the hair and leave it on at least 30 minutes to an hour. To open up the cuticle you can wrap the hair or put on a shower cap so that your body heat warms up the treatment.

I recall the most noticeable difference in my hair was directly after I did my first modified Cherry Lola treatment. There was such a difference in definition that it almost freaked me out a little

I did the same thing. I did the original Cherry Lola and I ended up running some errands that day so I had it in my hair for almost 2 hrs. When I took the baggy off wowsers! I couldn't believe my eyes. My hair was so weighty, like it had soaked up tons of moisture. The second time wasn't as significant. Speaking of Cherry Lola treatments, how often are you all doing them?

I did the same thing. I did the original Cherry Lola and I ended up running some errands that day so I had it in my hair for almost 2 hrs. When I took the baggy off wowsers! I couldn't believe my eyes. My hair was so weighty, like it had soaked up tons of moisture. The second time wasn't as significant. Speaking of Cherry Lola treatments, how often are you all doing them?

Yeah I think the first time was more noticeable than the remaining times. I use a keratin protein treatment once a month since I color my hair. So I do the cherry lola/carmel just when I feel like buying all of the stuff. I did one in May and I think another in June. I didn't do any July through October and just did my last one in November.

I've done it twice 4 weeks apart. One at the beginning of October and one at the end. I've done no other form of protein treatment in how long, so I wanted to balance things out a bit after all this moisture my hair was experiencing. I may try henna once my spot has grown in some more. I checked today while massaging the area with JCBO and it is definitely no longer a smooth patch

Decided to do mhm tonight due to the white residue from the gel & shea butter. Prior to doing the ACV i rinsed my hair with water. I have lots of frizz but on the plus side my hair super soft.

I will upload more pics once ive done my weekend mhm. The attached pics is my hair wet with no product

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141119_173316.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141119_173316.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20141119_173326.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141119_173326.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 83
I just got 3 products from curl mart because of the sale!

- CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
- CRN Curl Maker
- Curl Junkie Strawberry Icecream Curl Rehab Conditioner

Back