MHM Hangout

discodumpling

2nd day hair after Insanity Max 30 and a hot steamy shower! I'm fascinated to see just how WIDE my hair will get before it starts to hang.:yep:

faithVA

I purchased the Tresemme Undone since I saw it in Krogers. My hair doesn't typically like Tresemme products and they make my scalp itch. But since this one had fewer ingredients I knew it would probably be better. I think it is going to be my go to for step 1, since it is so inexpensive. It works OK for step 2 for detangling but it doesn't really condition my hair and it doesn't feel great when I rinse it. It doesn't feel bad but it doesn't feel great. But I definitely needed a replacement for step 1. And I don't leave chemicals in my head for the leave-in step so I wouldn't use it for step 4.

Fortunately I have plenty of conditioners in my arsenal to try for step 2. I am hoping one of the Jessicurl conditioners will work.

I went back to combing my hair at step 2 versus finger combing and I think that is the step that is going to make the difference for me. My hair does not hang down with water. And it takes about 15 minutes of finger combing to get my hair to hang down. But with the comb, I can just comb through and my hair starts to hang and I start to see some curls define and clump. Next time I will try combing at step 1 and see how that works. But with the combing, I finally saw the definition return after I rinsed out the clay. I had tried to just stick with finger detangling but I am going to have to stick with the comb.

Then I used an ultra diluted leave-in and my hair did much better.

Now lets see if I can repeat this process.

hairtimes5

Ok ladies so I've tried the Tresemme perfectly undone conditioner and it's a winner :grin:. Like the others have said it smells good, has great slip, leaves your hair super soft, and it's cheap. I cowashed with it and my hair felt really soft after rinsing :yep:.

That's it I give up! I'm going to go and get this conditioner. It's y'alls fault :yep:

Btw, my rhassoul came in today yay! faithVA the color actually looks different from the one I got from bulk apocathery. Don't know if that means anything.

GGsKin

That's it I give up! I'm going to go and get this conditioner. It's y'alls fault :yep:

Btw, my rhassoul came in today yay! faithVA the color actually looks different from the one I got from bulk apocathery. Don't know if that means anything.

What was the colour of your previous batch?

faithVA

[USER said:
hairtimes5;21156199[/USER]]That's it I give up! I'm going to go and get this conditioner. It's y'alls fault :yep:

Was the one from bulk apocathery more reddish? I do think it means something but I'm not sure what :lol:

They aren't all getting their clay from the same regions, so the clays aren't the same.

faithVA

I heard back from MsDeeKay about the conditioner. The Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends is an approved deep conditioner.

However, she and DubaiDee are not advocating a modified regimen that doesn't include any conditioner at all :perplexed:

It's here if you want to check it out. It may help some of you who are further along, need to shorter the regimen or think they don't need the full regimen.

http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/revised-max-hydration-method-regimen-my.html#gpluscomments

I need conditioner and leave-in. But I may check it out on a mid-week wash. My concern is putting clay in my hair if its not detangle. That could be a disaster.

It may be something that works for you tashboog.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I heard back from MsDeeKay about the conditioner. The Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends is an approved deep conditioner.

However, she and DubaiDee are not advocating a modified regimen that doesn't include any conditioner at all :perplexed:

It's here if you want to check it out. It may help some of you who are further along, need to shorter the regimen or think they don't need the full regimen.

http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/revised-max-hydration-method-regimen-my.html#gpluscomments

I need conditioner and leave-in. But I may check it out on a mid-week wash. My concern is putting clay in my hair if its not detangle. That could be a disaster.

It may be something that works for you tashboog.

That's great news about the herbal blends, thanks for putting it out there!!

As for the non conditioner use, I'm confused. Is DubaiDee now saying she doesn't advocate this practice. I recently read that she says she won't touch conditioner anymore. Of course, it was probably dated some months ago...so is she now saying the use of conditioner is recommended? Not that I would practice that anyway.

I recently learned that my hair behaves better when I do the full regimen.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

faithVA

That's great news about the herbal blends, thanks for putting it out there!!

As for the non conditioner use, I'm confused. Is DubaiDee now saying she doesn't advocate this practice. I recently read that she says she won't touch conditioner anymore. Of course, it was probably dated some months ago...so is she now saying the use of conditioner is recommended? Not that I would practice that anyway.

I recently learned that my hair behaves better when I do the full regimen.

She has offered up a regimen that does not include conditioners. It includes CLCT every 2 to 4 weeks. Then you do the clay step followed by the gel. And if you are high porosity you do the clay step, spritz with ACV or Aloe and then the gel. That's it.

It probably would work for a few in here. Whoever tries it please let us know how it turns out.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I heard back from MsDeeKay about the conditioner. The Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends is an approved deep conditioner. However, she and DubaiDee are not advocating a modified regimen that doesn't include any conditioner at all :perplexed: It's here if you want to check it out. It may help some of you who are further along, need to shorter the regimen or think they don't need the full regimen. http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/revised-max-hydration-method-regimen-my.html#gpluscomments I need conditioner and leave-in. But I may check it out on a mid-week wash. My concern is putting clay in my hair if its not detangle. That could be a disaster. It may be something that works for you tashboog.
I love that stuff, that's great news!

Ajna

Ok I am on like day five of this journey and I finally have a routine down that works for me.

I do the baking soda rinse only (just 2 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp honey and 4 oz water), then I follow up with my DC (Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful) and I apply that full strength some days I steam and some days I sleep with in on either works well. Next is the clay for the first three days I used only bentonite clay and my recipe was 4 tbsp clay, 4 tbsp hot water, 4tbsp ACV I mixed that and then I added a 50/50 blend of EVOO and JB Castor oil until I got the consistency I needed the past two days I switched to rhassoul clay my recipe for this is 1/2 c clay, 1/2 c coconut milk, 1/2 c water blend to desired consitency and 1 tbsp JB castor oil.

Now I know this is not approved but it works for me - after I rinse the clay I rinse my hair with tea - either Irish moss, slippery elm or marshmallow.

Then I go to the water down leave in and gel.

So far my curls are clumping very nicely and my hair feels more moisturized. This is a lot of work but I am pleased with the results.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
How long after freezing the CLCT ingredients is it safe to use it? I know you can freeze it and reactivate the mix by adding more BS but I don't know how much either. Any help?

Last edited:

faithVA

How long after freezing the CLCT ingredients is it safe to use it? I know you can freeze it and reactivate the mix by adding more BS but I don't know how much either. Any help?

I would guess a few months. When you thaw it out you will know. It will be thin if its too old. I would say add 1 to 2 tsps to reactivate. But next time split your batch in half and just add baking soda to the half you are using.

HopefulOne

I tried the sodium bentonite clay with 2% milk and I did not like it all. It felt like it took a lot of time to rinse it out. I will try it with coconut milk and see how it works. I will report back on the coconut mik experiment. I love this thread.

3c loo po total definition

Ajna

I tried the sodium bentonite clay with 2% milk and I did not like it all. It felt like it took a lot of time to rinse it out. I will try it with coconut milk and see how it works. I will report back on the coconut mik experiment. I love this thread.

3c loo po total definition

That is disappointing...I would imagine the 2% would not have enough fat I think coconut milk has like 22% fat. I love coconut milk hopefully that works better for you.

AJellyCake

I heard back from MsDeeKay about the conditioner. The Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends is an approved deep conditioner. However, she and DubaiDee are not advocating a modified regimen that doesn't include any conditioner at all :perplexed: It's here if you want to check it out. It may help some of you who are further along, need to shorter the regimen or think they don't need the full regimen. http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/revised-max-hydration-method-regimen-my.html#gpluscomments I need conditioner and leave-in. But I may check it out on a mid-week wash. My concern is putting clay in my hair if its not detangle. That could be a disaster. It may be something that works for you tashboog.
This is great! It has amazing reviews and the price is excellent. I thought panthenol was a no-no ingredient though?

ETA: actually it is another conditioner that has panthenol. But I can't find a full ingredients list for the Herbal Blends on the site.

Last edited:

GGsKin

Pics from completed wash, today.

Attachments

• 2015-02-24_10.27.54.jpg
    2015-02-24_10.27.54.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 2015-02-24_10.27.27.jpg
    2015-02-24_10.27.27.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 2015-02-24_10.25.53.jpg
    2015-02-24_10.25.53.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 2015-02-24_10.38.21.jpg
    2015-02-24_10.38.21.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

discodumpling

GM ladies!
I made a batch of flax seed gel yesterday cause I have less than one use of Ecostyler. I 'll be back with pics after my morning MHM routine.

fluffyforever

Has anyone tried clay other than bentonite and rhassoul?

I'm talking pink clay, French green clay, Australian black clay, etc. how does it compare to bentonite and is it easy to rinse out?

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Has anyone tried clay other than bentonite and rhassoul?

I'm talking pink clay, French green clay, Australian black clay, etc. how does it compare to bentonite and is it easy to rinse out?
I've used the pink clay from butters-n-bars and I like it. It requires a lot more clay than bentonite and rhassoul to thicken up the mixture. You have to use less water when using pink clay but it was more conditioning for my hair than the other clays. The downside is that it get's everywhere! It looks like a blood bath in my shower cuz the pink clay splashes everywhere :lol:. When I added honey it makes the pink clay even more conditioning, but humectants usually make my hair frizzy so now I don't use honey in my mixes just a light oil. I still get good coil definition and clumping with the pink clay as well. I've posted a pic with the pink clay at the beginning of this thread on page 1, post #11 (last pic) in case you're curious. HTH :grin:

GGsKin

Thank you tashboog:blowkiss: I'm looking forward to the summer time. If I keep up how I am, by then I should see some more progress and the weather should help dry my wash and gos faster:grin:

faithVA

This is great! It has amazing reviews and the price is excellent. I thought panthenol was a no-no ingredient though?

ETA: actually it is another conditioner that has panthenol. But I can't find a full ingredients list for the Herbal Blends on the site.

Pantheon is acceptable as long as it is at the bottom of the list and not in the top five.

The ingredients are on the web page but they blend in with the description. Check it out again.