Microbraids Alternative

IrisDaVirus

I've only seen crochet microbraids a few times in person. They're a little too full for my taste, but I think her updos are very pretty on her.

brownelovely

I haven't worn crochets since HS!!! Hers looks nice but a little too much hair. They can be really heavy if you add too much hair. There was another style on youtube I saw that was very pretty that was crochets..I'll add a link also if I can find!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I haven't worn crochets since HS!!! Hers looks nice but a little too much hair. They can be really heavy if you add too much hair. There was another style on youtube I saw that was very pretty that was crochets..I'll add a link also if I can find!

Me too! I used to do them myself, I would get my mom to do the cornrows and I would crochet them in. I may try it again and do a patch of actual micros in the front. I bet it will save alot of time.

TemiLnd

I plan on trying this but with just hair and not miros. Im not a big fan of too many braids on my head. I love this crochet this (discovered a few weeks agao). I feel it will really save me time when braiding my hair.

Demi27

Wow. I didn't know people still did those.
I've always liked them a lot. Her's look really neat. You can barely see the track.

OP if you get them done PLEASE post pics. I would love to see them!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

It's a great alternative. I just got my hair done, like this, except I used curly hair instead of braids to crochet. This is my new PS! Just make sure they do your corn rows a lil loose, because it will be painful if they are tight, trying to get that hook underneath. HTH.

Attachments

• Photo 230.jpg
    Photo 230.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 73

ayoung

VERY cute AngelEyez :yep:

Is that hair human?? can u comb and wash it?

Did you do it urself?

Did you buy micro braiding hair?

Thnks!!

mrshicks2002

Ya youtube have somemore that I have seen. They have come back in style, but just with using hair instead of braids.

mrshicks2002

Me too! I used to do them myself, I would get my mom to do the cornrows and I would crochet them in. I may try it again and do a patch of actual micros in the front. I bet it will save alot of time.

I would like to see how they turn out when you do them and I said the samething that they will save time. I like the hair and its not like using the old crochet hair like back in th eday!

mrshicks2002

I plan on trying this but with just hair and not miros. Im not a big fan of too many braids on my head. I love this crochet this (discovered a few weeks agao). I feel it will really save me time when braiding my hair.

I have worn mine like this a few times with just the hair and its really a easy style.

mrshicks2002

Wow. I didn't know people still did those.
I've always liked them a lot. Her's look really neat. You can barely see the track.

OP if you get them done PLEASE post pics. I would love to see them!

Yes they do, but I have only done and seen them with using regular hair, but I sure keep you posted if I decide I am going to.

mrshicks2002

It's a great alternative. I just got my hair done, like this, except I used curly hair instead of braids to crochet. This is my new PS! Just make sure they do your corn rows a lil loose, because it will be painful if they are tight, trying to get that hook underneath. HTH.

ITA yes its a very very great alternative. I loave wearing them when I have done them before.

I love yours and the color!

mrshicks2002

Are those the same thing as Latch Hook Braids?

Latch hook is the samething as crochet braids. When alot of people think of crochet braids, they are thinking about with using the old crochet hair :lachen:, but the process is still the same just with different hair.

Last edited:

aa9746

Wow yours are really cute. I love how your cornrows are breaded and the hair!

I wanted individual twists but I didn't have the patience to sit for 7 hours like I did for another braided style that I had before this one. It took only 2 hours!

Lady S

Those are so much better then the crochet/latch hook braids from 10-15 years ago. Maybe it's the hair or maybe it's the width of the cornrows? I may have to try this when my hair grows long enough to cornrow.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

VERY cute AngelEyez :yep:

Is that hair human?? can u comb and wash it?

Did you do it urself?

Did you buy micro braiding hair?

Thnks!!

I used Zury Wave Switch hair (kenekalon), and I will need to dry shampoo it, and finger comb only. I had beautician that does y braids do this style for me, and she charged me $55. she says it can last 6-8 weeks with proper care. I will have to use S-Curl on it to maintain the curl. So far I really like the look alot.

chiprecious

I might try these soon. I had micros and with my big head and length it took 9 hours!! I'm also not feeling paying the close to $200 in this economy. I'm going to try it myself. I soo need a transition hair style.

Kellum

I'm doing these in a few weeks. I ordered the hair online. I ordered the body curl in #2 and #4. I will post pics when I do them. I can't wait. :yep: