Micros on natural hair..

MummysGirl

Nice!!!! I wish I had the patience to do this... I have a feeling when I'm deep into my transition, I'll need a little break from dealing with 2 textures and this will be perfect for me because I don't like using extensions on my hair.

Only thing is my relaxed hair probably won't curl like that with gel, hmmm.... maybe a braidout of the braids....

BotanyGrl

They look great! I don't have the patience but I'm going to try to get my mom do some braids with my hair this summer. There was a member who inspired me after she got them done with her natural hair at an African salon.

ThickHair

I would never do that with my natural hair. I would need to shave my head to get rid of it. My hair is too coily, kinky to withstand that. No thank you for me.

Nonie

That is very pretty. But ITA agree with ThickHair. I DO KNOW I couldn't pull that on my hair. :nono:When I wore extension previously, I undid a few braids at the front and braided my own hair sans extensions to match the micro extensions, and create bangs. After a few washes, while my hair still looked good, it was a nightmare to undo. It was as if the braids were turning into locs. I didn't do anything different as far as my regimen is concerned, from what I do when in twists, yet my 4B hair braided seems to loc when in braids but not when in twists. That's why I had extension braids in the back and twists in the front. Now when extension hair is intertwined in the braid as in my extension micros, undoing the braid is so easy that I don't even need a comb. Not so when no hair is added, unless we're talking about big, Celie braids. I think the additional fake hair keeps the three sections of my hair used to create a micro braid separated in a way that they are not able lock up.

Hairsofab

Her hair is nice but I don't think that would work on my hair for the reasons mentioned previously.

mscocoface

Her hair is absolutely gorgeous and on point.

I could not do this with The Beast, I would need to be put under and 30 people would need to take 2 hour turns to get this out of my head, otherwise it would get buzzed but good or I would have to get use to the thought of wearing locs.

Lucky's Mom

I understand ladies.... I tried this this morning... UM....:nono: I cannot go that small without extention hair....

I can only go this small sans my beloved Rasta-Afri - or His & Hers Hair....
10 braids in back - 9 on each side.....

Attachments

• jan feb 2008 084.jpg
    jan feb 2008 084.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 40
  • jan feb 2008 118.jpg
    jan feb 2008 118.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 25
  • jan feb 2008 081.jpg
    jan feb 2008 081.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
  • jan feb 2008 115.jpg
    jan feb 2008 115.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26

mscocoface

Yep this size you have is the smallest I could go and still keep my sanity with braiding. I can do smaller with twists but it still need to be added hair.

Nonie

LM, looking at your hair I almost wanna argue with you. I think your hair could pull it off. Your hair looks so soft...kinda like my pressed hair looks in braids! I agree fat ones like you have look a bit drunk and in need of crutches (I say that with lots of love :kiss: ) or some "structure" but I think you could go even smaller (maybe halve each braid?) and that if you did and then got creative with them, (I am sure you need no help there) you could so rock the do. Seriously, my hair is fine and pressed it's even more limp...and dare I say, sparse? But I managed to pull off braids by putting curlers on the ends to get a bob-like shape.

I imagine even smaller would have looked nicer. Oh...and if anyone is wondering, yeah, I wore this in public--And what? :rofl:

Oh and pressed hair in micros is as easy to undo as extension micros. :yep:

shae101s

Yep..I love KKQ..I do that to my hair as well and it's great!! Retains length and also is a great protective style.

Nonie

Yep..I love KKQ..I do that to my hair as well and it's great!! Retains length and also is a great protective style.

Can you give more details. How long do you wear the do? How often do you wash? What products do you use? How often do you redo? Details please!!!

Lucky's Mom

:giggle: Don't argue with me dear.....

This was Like a year ago.... and - I had to go back and read my hair diary to see what I did. I use Elasta QP mango Butter ( I don't use it any more...)

I had Blown my hair dry - then in a couple of days I did the braids. I think I took a pic after shampooing too...

Don't know if I can go Smaller.... only with the Twists....

lookie..... The twists I did for graduation last year.

LM, looking at your hair I almost wanna argue with you. I think your hair could pull it off. Your hair looks so soft...kinda like my pressed hair looks in braids! I agree fat ones like you have look a bit drunk and in need of crutches (I say that with lots of love :kiss: ) or some "structure" but I think you could go even smaller (maybe halve each braid?) and that if you did and then got creative with them, (I am sure you need no help there) you could so rock the do. Seriously, my hair is fine and pressed it's even more limp...and dare I say, sparse? But I managed to pull off braids by putting curlers on the ends to get a bob-like shape.

I imagine even smaller would have looked nicer. Oh...and if anyone is wondering, yeah, I wore this in public--And what? :rofl:

Oh and pressed hair in micros is as easy to undo as extension micros. :yep:

Attachments

• jan feb 2008 086.jpg
    jan feb 2008 086.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 23
  • jan feb 2008 116.jpg
    jan feb 2008 116.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
  • hair june and july 004.jpg
    hair june and july 004.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Pics for may 2008 065.jpg
    Pics for may 2008 065.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Pics for may 2008 069.jpg
    Pics for may 2008 069.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 15

Nonie

Those twists are purrty. :love:

Uhmm...if you don't wanna argue, you wanna take it outside? :bat: Coz I still think it can be done. If I can undo my hair with fingers when pressed, then I can undo yours. Tell you what, why don't you do as you're told and when I have time, I'll come and help you undo. :rofl: Just don't you dare wet it or you'll be on your own. :lol:

msa

That style is really pretty...but I can't do braids or twists on my own hair. If I did them small, I'd end up with locs. When I do them big they look all scalpy but the actual twists/braids look thin. I am super jealous of naturals who have full twists/braids (E.Princess and Ooop2 come to mind). I wish I could do that.

nubinikki

Her tiny braids are gorgeous!

I do this to my hair every few months, but I twist my fine hair instead of braid. I think it would take wayyyyyy to long to take them down if I braided.

Here's pics of the last time I did it in October 2008....

Nonie

I do this to my hair every few months, but I twist my fine hair instead of braid. I think it would take wayyyyyy to long to take them down if I braided.

OMG, that is sooooo cute! Your hair'd get me thrown out of every social venue coz I'd have my hands in it all day. It looks so soft and so much fun to play with. How long do you keep your twists in?

trevprit

Is her hair texture like 3b-c or something? I use this method also, but I think I'm 4a-4b and mine get fuzzy really fast but hers look like they are still smooth...even after cowashing.

ETA: For those that want to know she said she is between 3c and 4a, but mostly 4a.

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Those twists are purrty. :love:

Uhmm...if you don't wanna argue, you wanna take it outside? :bat: Coz I still think it can be done. If I can undo my hair with fingers when pressed, then I can undo yours. Tell you what, why don't you do as you're told and when I have time, I'll come and help you undo. :rofl: Just don't you dare wet it or you'll be on your own. :lol:

Nonie. You never fail to make me LAUGH out LOUD when I visit LHCF!!!:lachen:

Lesssss GO!!!! :bat: I can take you!!! ( I think)

Lucky's Mom

That style is really pretty...but I can't do braids or twists on my own hair. If I did them small, I'd end up with locs. When I do them big they look all scalpy but the actual twists/braids look thin. I am super jealous of naturals who have full twists/braids (E.Princess and Ooop2 come to mind). I wish I could do that.

:rolleyes: I know - ITA.

Hey - I will do your hair anytime!
Lemme know!

Lucky's Mom

Very purty!!!

nubinikki

OMG, that is sooooo cute! Your hair'd get me thrown out of every social venue coz I'd have my hands in it all day. It looks so soft and so much fun to play with. How long do you keep your twists in?

Aww shucks! Thanks Nonie. They usually last about 2-3 weeks. I'd keep them in longer, but they start to unravel. And I don't have a problem with tangling because I i just keep the ends moisturized.

DeepBluSea

Her hair is awesome. Thanks for introducing her channel. EPrincess inspired me to go with the smaller braids. Her braid styles are awesome. There is a member of NP, Harima (sp?) who does this also.

I keep mine in for 3-4 weeks. They don't lock up, but they are a pain to take down. I wish I could do the mini-twists, but the twists and I had to part. So this is my protective style of choice.

msa

Is it me or does her edges look a little wispy? I could be wrong.

Her edges do look sparse, right next to her temples. Hmmm. I wonder if that's from the small braids.

I still can't believe that she can keep those in without them locing. I wish. And they're so full too.