Mid 2k9 is near....are you changing up your regimen for the remainder of the year?

Smiley79

Ok, clearly I'm bored and looking for new hair conversation, lol. i love posts where we discuss products and regimens...can't get enough of them. I'll find any excuse to strike up that convo. :lachen:Is anyone going to switch up anything in their regimen? After my BC last month, here's my new planned regi:

I'm going to start using the Mega-Tek (with a few drops of Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil) every other night on scalp only.

Prepoo- EVOO with cap for 30 min under dryer; crazy but it works for me

Wash 2x a week- ( I have not found a good conditioner for cowashing yet, I tried V05 and Suave and hated both; Maybe cowashing is not for me)
Protein Conditioner- I have a mild one; CB Smoothe 6 N 1 Reconstuctor; reason being that with this short cut, it takes more heat then I really want, so I try to give my hair a lil more TLC. I don't even know if this product is a protein but it does a hell a job at ceasing the shedding, breaking, brittle feeling of relaxed hair. And the price is lovely!

Moisture Conditioner: Flip flop btwn CB Smoothe Triple Slik and Keracare Humecto and AO Honeysuckle Rose

Leave In-Profective Leave in (puple bubble gum smelling stuff; don't know what it is, but my hair loves it, lol); Sally GVP The Conditioner; Motions wrap foam

Daily Moisture- Im going to give the S curl a try, the NTM a second try and I still have a lil of my Hawaiian Silky left over

Daily Sealing- Coconut Oil ( I still can't find Jamaican Black Castor Oil anywhere :(

Wishlist: To give those Hairveda or Qhemet products a try and give Bee Mine serum a try (on my daughter's hair and on my temples)

Re: Mid 2k9 is near....are you changing up your regimen for the remainder of the yea

I completely agree!!
I think I may switch up my reggie too..I'm in braids right now so first week in June when they come down I will have a fresh start.
Prepoo- EVOO, coconut oil or castor oil
Wash probably once or twice a week..i'm still trying to figure out which shampoo to use tho..
Protein- Motions CPR Aphogee or ORS Hair mayo
Moisture- ORS replenishing pak or NTM Daily DC
Leave in- infusium 23 Lacio Lacio & ORS hair glosser serum
Daily moisture- ORS carrott oil and seal with castor oil
MT mixed with Bee mine 3x a week
MN 2x a week
Roller setting or spiral curl sets
Wish list- The entire KeraCare line or Joico line!!:lick: oh and a Pibbs Dryer!!
My goal is to find a solid reggie by the end of the summer..its soo hard to. There are soo many wonderful products thats I wanna try...I think I'm becoming a PJ foreal..:grin:

Re: Mid 2k9 is near....are you changing up your regimen for the remainder of the yea

Ok, clearly I'm bored and looking for new hair conversation, lol. i love posts where we discuss products and regimens...can't get enough of them. I'll find any excuse to strike up that convo. :lachen:Is anyone going to switch up anything in their regimen? After my BC last month, here's my new planned regi:

I'm going to start using the Mega-Tek (with a few drops of Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil) every other night on scalp only.

Prepoo- EVOO with cap for 30 min under dryer; crazy but it works for me

Wash 2x a week- ( I have not found a good conditioner for cowashing yet, I tried V05 and Suave and hated both; Maybe cowashing is not for me)
Protein Conditioner- I have a mild one; CB Smoothe 6 N 1 Reconstuctor; reason being that with this short cut, it takes more heat then I really want, so I try to give my hair a lil more TLC. I don't even know if this product is a protein but it does a hell a job at ceasing the shedding, breaking, brittle feeling of relaxed hair. And the price is lovely!

Moisture Conditioner: Flip flop btwn CB Smoothe Triple Slik and Keracare Humecto and AO Honeysuckle Rose

Leave In-Profective Leave in (puple bubble gum smelling stuff; don't know what it is, but my hair loves it, lol); Sally GVP The Conditioner; Motions wrap foam

Daily Moisture- Im going to give the S curl a try, the NTM a second try and I still have a lil of my Hawaiian Silky left over

Daily Sealing- Coconut Oil ( I still can't find Jamaican Black Castor Oil anywhere :(

Wishlist: To give those Hairveda or Qhemet products a try and give Bee Mine serum a try (on my daughter's hair and on my temples)

If I was on my laptop right now I could tell you. I have it saved under favourites. I think it’s a website called Sams????

I’ll contribute to this thread. I’m avoiding getting ready for an appointment that I have this afternoon.

I am not planning on changing to much. I just want to keep things as simple as possible:

Styles: braidout up do’s. I have a few signature styles and I like to show my neck.

Product Change: something that will block frizz and humidity, because I’m not planning on doing a touch up anytime soon, actually, I’m playing it by ear.

Staples: LHL Luxe Leave-in, lait vital

Sealers: black castor oil mixed with cocasta oil

Other than that, I am not sure.

The only things I am adding/changing are:

cowashing every morning
adding a creamy leave-in over my spray moisturizer
Shampooing once a month

Still the same reggie for me :)
Shampoo and dc (an hour under the dryer) twice a week, then rollerset with Fermodyl (619 or 233) and top with a leave-in then a serum. Use a protein once a week for 10 mins while in the shower before dc'ing. After rinsing out the dc, I do a final rinse for 5 mins with Porosity Control.
Moisturize twice daily, in the am and before bed. Ponytail baggy overnight
I have too much stuff to name in a single sitting :giggle:
But a few are....
Shampoo: Only have Kenra Platinum Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair
Weekly Protein: Tigi Dumb Blonde, AO GPB :love:
Dc's: Lanza Healing Moisture Moi Moi Mask, AO HSR, AO White Camellia, Paul Brown Hapuna Volcanic Ash Thermal Masque, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Conditioner
Leave-Ins: Oyin Juices & Berries, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Enzyme Therapy Mist, Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21 b5, Silicon Mix, Beauty Without Cruelty
Serums: CHI SI, Silken Child, Silicon Mix, Garnier Sleek & Shine, Straight Request Q.Silk
Daily Moisturizers: Oyin Juices & Berries, HSH Pumpkin Enzyme Therapy Mist, Aquage Hydrating Mist, Oyin Whipped Pudding :love:
:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Main change for me is - slowly increase number of cowashing days from 3 to 5.
I'm going to start with 4 days in a couple of weeks.

About 6 weeks ago, I started a modified version of Ateyaaa's regimen with a midweek co-wash since I'm now using heat weekly and my hair's doing pretty well so will stick to it for the rest of the year and see how it works out

i'll be cowashing and deep conditioning more often because it's going to be hot outside; my hair is prone to dryness

I'm going to actually follow the regimen I decided upon at the beginning of the year:look:.

I've been so lazy and not even thinking about retention...wearing a puff everyday.

So now it's going to be twists, with just my hair, either pinned up, with a fake bun, or under a wig.

I'm going to redo them whenever I feel like it, probably once a week. I'll rinse anytime I work out. The main thing is detangling with coconut oil and using castor oil on my ends. I may be adding conditioner back to my regimen, but I'm not sure about it yet.

I am because I did some low level hi-lights and I'm moving to Florida (next month) from Cali. I think the easiest thing for me to do will be wet buns during the humid months.

I haven't figured out a product reggie yet. I'll be doing that this weekend.

im switching up. im bored.
im going to start rollersets this year and wear my hair more curlier.
soon as i get a pibbs

OT to Sylvers....

OMG, I think I'm officially a groupie now. :yay: Sylvers, I'm sucha fan of your regimens, tips and YouTube videos, You're hair is my hair goal. Maybe not legnth, but in health and body. Ahhh, It's Sylvers y'all! :lachen:LOL. I know, I am so silly. But seriouly , you, Tiffers, KISS, Moncherie and so many more are my go to "Self-Care Hair Divas."

:worship2: to Sylvers hair regimens and progress!

Last edited:

Thanks girl, I appreciate the info... :) Whenever you get it, let me know pls!

If I was on my laptop right now I could tell you. I have it saved under favourites. I think it’s a website called Sams????

I’ll contribute to this thread. I’m avoiding getting ready for an appointment that I have this afternoon.

I am not planning on changing to much. I just want to keep things as simple as possible:

Styles: braidout up do’s. I have a few signature styles and I like to show my neck.

Product Change: something that will block frizz and humidity, because I’m not planning on doing a touch up anytime soon, actually, I’m playing it by ear.

Staples: LHL Luxe Leave-in, lait vital

Sealers: black castor oil mixed with cocasta oil

Other than that, I am not sure.

OT to Sylvers....

OMG, I think I'm officially a groupie now. :yay: Sylvers, I'm sucha fan of your regimens, tips and YouTube videos, You're hair is my hair goal. Maybe not legnth, but in health and body. Ahhh, It's Sylvers y'all! :lachen:LOL. I know, I am so silly. But seriouly , you, Tiffers, KISS, Moncherie and so many more are my go to "Self-Care Hair Divas."

:worship2: to Sylvers hair regimens and progress!

Thank u:) i love the other ladiies that u mentioned..traycee(kiss) Tiffers, Marie
good luck on your BC. your cut looks great!

Thanks!!!! Sure thing, I'll let you all know.

I'll start washing or co-washing more now that it's getting warmer. I also wear more protective styles.

Yes, I'm switching up too.
  • I'm rarely doing pre-treatments because I am trying to keep my hair dark as possible
  • I'm not using mayonnaise as much as I used to as a protein treatment.
  • I'm only washing my hair 1x a week (I feel so weird, I used to do this everyday).
  • I am tea rinsing with every wash. It's true, it does curb shedding!
  • I have been using the same products for over 4 years. I would like to switch things up a bit (still need ideas on what to buy... PJism is coming back).

I am soooo bored with my hair, right now.....Ugh! I really want a blunt BSL cut for the summer, but I know I'll be sorry afterwards because I really want to see if I can reach WL, then HL.

Anyway, back on topic, I guess I won't be changing too much this year. :ohwell:

I am... I AM SICK OF THE GROWTH AIDS!!!

I am switching to a KISS program using a modified Ayurveda regimen 2-3 times a week.

(1) Pre-Poo with Alma Oil
(2) Poo with a Shikakai Shampoo Bar
(3) Deep Condition with Motions Moisture Plus
(4) Seal with Vatika Coconut Oil
(5) Rollerset as usual

I switch things around in my "regimen" (I really don't have one) based on the season. Since summer is coming up I will switch to lighter moisturizers and oils. Also I will probably use more products for frizz control due to the humidity.

I will have to. I did some damage to my edges early this year and the right front quarter has a lot of breakage.

For some reason the back has not issues and is coming in nicely.

i think i am going to be rockin scarves and headwraps. i will still do protective styling. i just don't want to be bothered with my hair right now.

im not going to change my whole reggi but i will add a couple of things to my list. i will start using my chagrin valley shampoo bars more often than my other natural shampoos. i will pre poo with oil a couple times a month. and i will seal with coconut oil all throughout the summer. during the winter i may seal with butter or castor oil, idk yet.

I'll be doing more sew-ins and kinky twists this year. Braidouts and cowashing in between each install.

Yes since it is spring/summer. I will continue to stretch every 12-18 weeks.
Or possibly transition-I'll know in June.
I am still trying to co-wash I need to though. Only b/c I sniffle afterwards.
I exercise 5 days a week so I really need to co-wash.
Still D/C once a week and wash my hair.
Wear more buns.
In a baggy challenge til August
See what my hair likes( moistuizer). My hair dislikes (dryness).

I just starting making my Wed wash a co-wash. Instead of rollersetting on Wed, now I'm just doing one braid and leave it until Sat. This should be less tension and that way I'm giving my hair a weekly break for a few days. I will be bunning more the remainder of the year.

Wow this turned out to be an interesting thread!

Now at 14 weeks post, I'm thinking of just leaving my hair pinned up loosely in the same style, just moisturising daily and co washing as needed, maybe 1x a week. Ideally at this point I would prefer to wash and detangle 1x every 2 weeks to keep the manipulation to a bare minimum and just spritz with water and conditioner for moisture and softness. I'll experiment but the goal is to retain every inch. Aiming to be grazing WL by the end of summer or at least right above it:yep:. NO trimming either unless absolutely needed.

Back