Mild or regular?

Shea

I am a 4a/b :confused: I have coarse hair and my hair used to be thick as a child. Now its medium:confused: I overprocessed my hair for years with a super relaxer and basically I want to get back to having thick hair again. I was wondering Dec 1st I am going to get a relaxer and I will be 12 weeks post do you think I should use mild or a regular relaxer. Currently I am using Mizani. Also any other tips to get my hair back to its potential I also use MTG and Biotin 2500mg.

TIA

i dont have any advice. im still trying to find a good relaxer. your hair type sounds like mine. im 4b with very coarse hair. did the mizani super overprocess you? I was thinking about trying it.

I would use a regular relaxer.

I need to know what's your regime now?, before I can give any tips.

just read the question over. i've never used mizani but if you have coarse hair the least i would go with is regular. i couldnt imagine a mild working on coarse hair unless it's a strong relaxer. when i think of a mild relaxer i think of fine type 2 or 3 hair. JMO.

I think over the years different relaxers stripped my hair. I used regular izani its good but I think using mild may thicken up my hair I'm not sure bc I dont want to to be underprocessed:confused:

I would go for mild. I have really resistant hair myself, but with methodical application mild still gets my hair straight. I can't say how your hair will respond but for me, I attribute using a mild relaxer to my hair having body and swing. It keeps it from being lifeless, you know? :) HTH! You'll find what works. ;)

I have thick, coarse hair and use a PCJ mild relaxer b/c I really dont want it bone straight and my scalp is sensitive.

yeah I think I will try mild next time. Did anyone notice their hair got thicker after switching from regular to mild. I see that some says they have gained body thats great I love that! If mild doesnt work then back to regular March 1st

Hi, we have the same hair type and I have been using a mild relaxer for the last year with good results , I have more body and I don't feel like my hair is plastered to my head for two weeks after my relaxer. HTH good luck..;)

Back