Relaxers--switching from regular to mild

jadestar

Has anyone noticed any difference in their hair from switching from a regular relaxer to mild?

I normally use Motions regular, and this time, for my touch-up, I used mild. So far, I have no complaints. My hair usually gets bone straight, though, and I am wondering if, by using mild, I'll be able to retain a little more curl pattern and maybe do some wash and gos in the summer...

shunta

Come on ladies!:D I wanna know, too, because Im switching from regular to mild as well. Silk Elements of course;)

kbody4

My hair is meduim textured and I use a regular no-lye up until last year. My hair was always straight. I swithced to lye mild and I retained a little more curl, but not a lot. My hair is very managable and soft. I used Bantu mild and switched to Silk Elements mild. HTH :)

shaydufblu

Highlander
Someone told me that your hair doesn't need anything stronger than a mild, really. It just might take a little longer to get the results you want. Hope that helps.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
unfortunately the relaxer I use comes in super or regular..I would love to use a mild

Aveena

I was using mild and was consistantly underprocessed. I was straight but not as straight as I would have like and usually by 2 weeks post was back on the grind with NG maintenance. So, I switched to regular (this week) and BURNED :( very badly :cry3: I think I prefer underprocessed than BURNT :mad: . I'm switching back to mild for good this time.

shunta

Fran said:
I was using mild and was consistantly underprocessed. I was straight but not as straight as I would have like and usually by 2 weeks post was back on the grind with NG maintenance. So, I switched to regular (this week) and BURNED :( very badly :cry3: I think I prefer underprocessed than BURNT :mad: . I'm switching back to mild for good this time.
What relaxer were you using?

Aveena

Fran said:
I used Silk Elements Regular Lye. I used to use Mizani Mild.
one more thing....
I think next time I will use Silk Elements mild - maybe it won't leave me underprocessed.

shunta

Fran said:
one more thing....
I think next time I will use Silk Elements mild - maybe it won't leave me underprocessed.
Hey, Im gonna use that one next time, too. I used Silk Elements regular for the last one, and it did burn and my hair was boooone straight.

jadestar

Well, I am on day 2 of the mild relaxer, and I don't see much difference from the regular in terms of how straight my hair is--which is a good thing. But I also hope I don't need a retouch in 2 weeks (not that I would retouch in 2 weeks, though)!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Jadestar, I did the same thing at the beginning of the summer. I switched from Motions regular to mild. I'm not bone straight, but it's all good. Last year I used to use Revlon regular, and I think that was too strong.

If I switch relaxers in 2007, I want to try Silk Elements mild after reading so many good reviews. :yep: