Mild Relaxers Won't Process My Coils? Any 4a Ladies!!!

Nanyanika

I realised about a few weeks after my retouch in November, that my roots remain very coily even though my sister left affirm mild lye on for 20-25 minutes to texturize it, on the day of the relaxer it looked like it was processed enough. but now it still looks like i have regrowth only softer, i was wondering whether i should switch to regular strength? i have resistant medium textured 4a hair, please advise me on what i should do.

melodee

Den,
How do you want your hair to come out? From your pic, it appears that your hair is nicely texurized. Do you want looser curls, or softer curls? Also, how will you wear your hair normally?

Nanyanika

I'm looking for looser curls, my roots just did not take too well, even though the timing is correct, its just softer now. i will have to correct the roots at my next touch-up, but take it smaller sections and perform more strand tests. i was just wondering after this corrective with mild should i switch to a regular strength? to lessen the risk of underprocessing.

melodee said:
Den,
How do you want your hair to come out? From your pic, it appears that your hair is nicely texurized. Do you want looser curls, or softer curls? Also, how will you wear your hair normally?

model_chick717

I'm 4a and I texturize with regular strength. My hair is very resistant to straightening. I've even used super strength in the past and still had waves. Mild strength only softened the texture of my hair--it didn't stretch the curl at all....

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hey Den! :wave:

I use affirm regular and I still have that problem. I always have to go back and do correctives on the next relaxer. Actually I am sort of tired of doing corrective relaxers!!

Nanyanika

I see were in the same boat then...I will make the switch to regular Affirm at my next touch-up.

dontspeakdefeat said:
Hey Den! :wave:

I use affirm regular and I still have that problem. I always have to go back and do correctives on the next relaxer. Actually I am sort of tired of doing corrective relaxers!!

Faith

Hey Den...funny you should ask...I think I'm going with regular next time too. My roots don't even look processed and I'm only 4 weeks post relaxer.

melodee

Den,
Did you touch up yet? I'm curious, as I had a "regular "strength relaxer (Deep Brilliance) that really is very mild put in two weeks ago. It only texturized it, but the coils were still tighter than I'd want them to be. It looks like I haven't touched up at all, but it is softer. I had been surging, and the texturized part got really hard. I am going to have to wash my hair tonight and maybe do an Aohogee cause I got breakage.

Anyway, I'd be interested to see what you did.

Hair2day

I find this post to be quite puzzling. :confused: I have 4a hair- very coarse, tight s pattern hair. I use Affirm mild lye relaxer & may hair gets so straight. I couldn't imagine using the normal strength. I actually feel I need to switch to the mild Fiberguard Affirm relaxer. :ohwell:

Queenie

I've been using Optimum super for 5-13 min and my hair turns out well. It's very resistant. Even if I leave it on for 25 min, it's doesn't completely straighten.

I plan on switching relaxers for my next touch up. I'm still not certain which one however.

Miosy

Den, I have very resistant curls too (I'm 4a/b). I use Elucence XS for 10 minutes w/o smoothing. I used Elucence regular and it was too gentle but the XS formula worked.

HTH :)

amy1234

I skipped on trying the affirm in mild, I use normal strength instead and it texturizes my hair. Another tip that I learned is to retouch on straightened hair whether you use a flatiron/blowdry/rollerset, this also helps to prevent your hair from underprocessing.