Mini chopped!! 3 year transition over!

winnettag

So today I took out the cornrows I've had in for over 2 months :look:
After washing I couldn't stand the sight of my relaxed ends compared to the fullness of the rest of my hair so I grabbed the scissors and started cutting! :grin:

It looks like I lost a ton of hair but it was dang near three months of shed hair....and I will never leave them in that long again because it was something else getting the knots and tangles out. :ohwell:

I think I can still safely claim BSL? So, I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be about cutting off those inches.
ETA: Oops, meant to flip the 2nd pic over! The last pic is post-trim.

Attachments

• Scragly ends.jpg
    Scragly ends.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Trimmed ends (2).jpg
    Trimmed ends (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Cut Blowdried2 (2).JPG
    Cut Blowdried2 (2).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Cut blowdried.jpg
    Cut blowdried.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Shrinkage.JPG
    Shrinkage.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Your hair looks beautiful! You must have some kinda patience to survive a three year transition. Congrats sis! :yep:

You ain't lying that is a lot of hair. I don't think I could have braids in my hair for that long without cowashing. How did you keep it moisturized?

Congrats!!!
I'm still transitioning--in it for the long haul, thanks for the inspiration! :grin:
Your hair looks lovely!!

Your hair looks beautiful! You must have some kinda patience to survive a three year transition. Congrats sis! :yep:

Patient, stubborn....same thing :grin:
I just didn't want to cut off any hair, lol.

You ain't lying that is a lot of hair. I don't think I could have braids in my hair for that long without cowashing. How did you keep it moisturized?

I co-washed every time I worked out (not often :sad: ) and washed and DC'ed weekly.
I haven't found a staple moisturizer yet....,I've been using kimmaytube's leave in as a daily moisturizer and I'm going to try out the Shea Moisture line at Target.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: on being 100% natural...I was a long term transitioner too, so I know the struggle...But your hair is absolutely LOVELY!!!

Sweeeet!!!!!!!

I'm geared for a 2+ years transition as well. You're an inspiration. Did you trim at all during those three years or did you just let it grow?

Congrats on your mini chop and being 100% natural! That's my goal to transition 3 years as well. Beautiful hair!

Your hair is beautiful. I must be a relief to be fully natural. Taking care of two textures is not easy.

Back