Mini chopped!! 3 year transition over!

winnettag

So today I took out the cornrows I've had in for over 2 months :look:
After washing I couldn't stand the sight of my relaxed ends compared to the fullness of the rest of my hair so I grabbed the scissors and started cutting! :grin:

It looks like I lost a ton of hair but it was dang near three months of shed hair....and I will never leave them in that long again because it was something else getting the knots and tangles out. :ohwell:

I think I can still safely claim BSL? So, I'm not as depressed as I thought I would be about cutting off those inches.
ETA: Oops, meant to flip the 2nd pic over! The last pic is post-trim.

Attachments

• Scragly ends.jpg
    Scragly ends.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Trimmed ends (2).jpg
    Trimmed ends (2).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Cut Blowdried2 (2).JPG
    Cut Blowdried2 (2).JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Cut blowdried.jpg
    Cut blowdried.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Shrinkage.JPG
    Shrinkage.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

robot.

Your hair looks beautiful! You must have some kinda patience to survive a three year transition. Congrats sis! :yep:

Mrs. Verde

You ain't lying that is a lot of hair. I don't think I could have braids in my hair for that long without cowashing. How did you keep it moisturized?

kittikat24

Congrats!!!
I'm still transitioning--in it for the long haul, thanks for the inspiration! :grin:
Your hair looks lovely!!

winnettag

Your hair looks beautiful! You must have some kinda patience to survive a three year transition. Congrats sis! :yep:

Patient, stubborn....same thing :grin:
I just didn't want to cut off any hair, lol.

You ain't lying that is a lot of hair. I don't think I could have braids in my hair for that long without cowashing. How did you keep it moisturized?

I co-washed every time I worked out (not often :sad: ) and washed and DC'ed weekly.
I haven't found a staple moisturizer yet....,I've been using kimmaytube's leave in as a daily moisturizer and I'm going to try out the Shea Moisture line at Target.

Janet'

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: on being 100% natural...I was a long term transitioner too, so I know the struggle...But your hair is absolutely LOVELY!!!

Sweeeet!!!!!!!

I'm geared for a 2+ years transition as well. You're an inspiration. Did you trim at all during those three years or did you just let it grow?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
What an inspiration! I hope I am at your length at 3 years!

:urock:

soon2bsl

Congrats on your mini chop and being 100% natural! That's my goal to transition 3 years as well. Beautiful hair!

NikkiGirl

Your hair is beautiful. I must be a relief to be fully natural. Taking care of two textures is not easy.