Mini Hair Update with pics

Fhrizzball

I find flat twists give me bigger twistouts and Napptural85 method give them both defined and big. Also fewer twists give bigger twistouts as well or twists on wet or damp hair.

Love your hair.

Kneechay

naijamerican

Thank you soo much! You know over time, I've realized the best thing is to keep it simple and that goes with products too. I don't use any more commercial leave-ins, it's just as waste.

To wash & condition, I use - Organix coconut or giovanni tea tree triple treat shampoos with herbal essences hello hydration (or any versions of the herbal essences condishes because they've all got great slip)

My leave in is shea butter I bought in the markets in Nigeria. I got tons. I microwave it a little bit to get it warm but not liquid, just so it's malleable. I then mix castor, coconut, olive and peppermint or rosemary oil for fragrance. I use a mixer and blend it into a creamy whipped mixture.

I also have a spray bottle mixed with all the three oils listed above and water I use from time to time. After I do a twistout or any other wet style, I lay my edges down with castor oil and just rub the oil all over the rest of my hair too.

I hope she tries the mix and the oils, girl my hair has thickened and improved since I kept the products to a minimum. I also practice low manipulation. This twistout is me doing something 'different'. I usually bun.

I find flat twists give me bigger twistouts and Napptural85 method give them both defined and big. Also fewer twists give bigger twistouts as well or twists on wet or damp hair.

Love your hair.

I keep hearing the 'damp hair' idea and i think that may be a great idea. Ill let it get halfway dry then if necessary during a braid out, I'll just use my spray bottle

Thank you so much, my dear!

diadall

You and your friends look so good. That's how I like to go out with my friends, looking cute and happy. I want all of us to look good!

Ediese

Very pretty! You know I'm a big fan! I always love to see your pics, especially when you post with your friends. As others have mentioned, ya'll some flyy women!!

Kneechay

Your hair is gorgeous. If I weren't such a level headed person I would be super jealous right now. :lachen:

Are you serious right now?? Have you SEEN your siggy hair?? Thanks so much

Aww thank you to all of you, yall are sooo nice. I appreciate the kind words!
:'-)

Kneechay

Nichi, Nichi! My Nigerian sister, always representing!!!

I have no tips cos my hair lacks bigness.

ah-ah my sister, how now? lol. Thanks soo much! It's good to see you posting, I feel you've been MIA for a while. How's med school life?

ceecy29

ah-ah my sister, how now? lol. Thanks soo much! It's good to see you posting, I feel you've been MIA for a while. How's med school life?

No oh! I've been here, even when you took your "hiatus". Med school life is good, home stretch now.

myhair84

Yup! I remember our convo. Girl, the last one's about to graduate in May. It seemed like she just started yesterday. Yeah hit them up. How's school for you? also, THANKS for the compliments!

oh she is?? i can't believe it's been two years since I met her! school is over thank God, i finished last may. can't wait to see more hair updates :yep:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love your hair, Nichi!

In order for me to achieve bigger, fluffier braidouts, I don't use a heavy oil or anything on the length of the hair while it's wet, prior to braiding. I just use a leave-in (KCKT) and braid. I'll put a little shea butter on the very ends of my hair. Sometimes I'd use a dab of KCCC on each section for a little hold. To make a long story short, the less product you pile on your hair when it's wet, the better (bigger, fluffier) the braidout.

Kneechay

I love your hair, Nichi!

In order for me to achieve bigger, fluffier braidouts, I don't use a heavy oil or anything on the length of the hair while it's wet, prior to braiding. I just use a leave-in (KCKT) and braid. I'll put a little shea butter on the very ends of my hair. Sometimes I'd use a dab of KCCC on each section for a little hold. To make a long story short, the less product you pile on your hair when it's wet, the better (bigger, fluffier) the braidout.

OH wow, thanks so much for this tip. You know I douse my hair in oils and butter while wet before I do anything because I want it to penetrate so much. I feel so enlightened that im going to do this tonight. Thanks sooo much.

Stepiphanie

cosigning with everyone, your hair looks great!! I also concur with the bigger twist for bigger twist out .

Shout out to your fly friends too, I know ya were turning heads. I absolute love the look of the fade on your friend ...work!!

Legally Natural

You are one of my hair inspirations and I can tell you that your hair is gorgeous! You are making such great progress and your hair looks very healthy.

BillsBackerz67

When I used to do braid outs and twist outs I used to shower without a cap if I wanted it to swell up a bit :lol: 2 or 3 minutes without the cap did the trick :yep:

virtuenow

Thank you! I got your PM for more tips. I appreciate you. If you can send me pics of how your hair turned out, please do. You siggy, how'd you achieve that look, I'm thinking of swagger jackin.

Nichi Hi, my signature is a blow out. I do my twist outs on blown out hair. I'm thinking of giving the wet twist out a chance again, your pics are making me want to "swagger jack". Do you stretch your hair out in braids first; what conditioner/deep conditioner do you use? heres a pic or two of my twistout (will take down shortly); I use all the same butters/oils you mentioned to achieve this:

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 129.JPG
    129.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 30

Kneechay

Nichi Hi, my signature is a blow out. I do my twist outs on blown out hair. I'm thinking of giving the wet twist out a chance again, your pics are making me want to "swagger jack". Do you stretch your hair out in braids first; what conditioner/deep conditioner do you use? heres a pic or two of my twistout (will take down shortly); I use all the same butters/oils you mentioned to achieve this:

You're so pretty! Nice brows!
I love your hair! I think ours is similar, yours is just thicker. No I dont stretch mine out first, I just start twisting on wet hair and by the time i get towards the middle, the back/bottom (i start at the top/front) is already damp near dry and i just keep twisting. I will definitely try a blow out first then big chunky twists. That sounds like the perfect solution

I use herbal essences as my regular conditioner and silk elements megasilk or Lustrasilk Shea Butter for my DCs.

faithVA

I missed this update. Your hair is beautiful and has grown a lot. Even with the shrinkage it looks really good.

And your friends have such beautiful hair. I am letting my hair grow out after years but that short cut was calling me. My hair is always fuzzy and crazy.j I don't think you would have let me in the picture. :lol:

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
You all are so gorgeous with all that drool worthy hair--I really didn't know where to look first! In fact I had to go check where u r located to find out where so many lovely heads could be seen side by side! Great, no no FANTASTIC job!!!!

You girls need to be on a magazine cover and/or in a commercial :grin::grin::grin:

Last edited: