MIRROR IMAGE AND THE LYE RELAXER!!!??????

azul11

Ok I am taking out my braids fully on monday i already have about 40% out already. i want to get my hair relaxed and done before christmas. i know this cutting it close but do you guys think it is possible to do it? i will give my hair a couple of deep treatments and reconstructors but i really want my hair done already. anywho i want to go to mirror image if any of you know it is on 110th street in manhattan. well i dont know if they do lye relaxers preferably motions or designer touch. i am worried because with the motions they have that step where you put the conditioner before the neutralizer and i dont know how much they know about that at mirror image. if anyone has gone there can you tell me your relaxer experience if you have tried no lye? i have seen them apply the relaxers and they are very careful not to overlap and they base the scalp and the hair before so i know they do a good job but i want to know if they work with lye relaxers and if they do motions or designer touch. God bless you all.

vevster

I have been there but not in a long while. They don't speak english so that was a major issue I had with them. If they don't have lye relaxers can't you bring your own??

BlkMane

Hey, Azul--haven't seen you in a while. I visited Mirror Images some months ago and at that time they had Affirm lye relaxer (not sure what else). I remember because I asked the girl there if they had ALL the Affirm steps and she showed me that they did.

But, as the previous poster said you could always bring your own if they didn't.

I have a coupon right here and it says that they have a website at:
www.mirrorimage-salon.com

They accept credit cards and have specials Mon-Wed and a $5 discount on weekends for relaxers and Dominican conditioners if you pay in cash.

Mirror Image Salon
1005 Columbus Ave.
(Bet 109th & 110th Streets)
Manhattan, NY

[I did not have my hair done there.]

NayNay

azul11,

I just went to Mirror Image for a roller set. The owner (woman with a braid out) speaks English and understands. I have NEVER gotten a relaxer there, but my girlfriend goes all the time and her hair looks GREAT! She doesn't have anyone that she specifically goest to. They do have Dudley, Affirm, and I think Motions relaxers. I like this lady named Wana. She is on the upperlevel, has short hair and her skin color is a pretty reddish brown color.
Good Luck!

azul11

thank you so much everyone. i am going today to ask if i can come in either on sunday or monday. i have to do everything on the sneak tip because my mom asked when was i making an appointment to my other stylist and i said i dont know. i dont want her to do my hair because i know it will be hard to tell this woman who has been my stylist for 12 years to do something different. i have tried before when i found a new product i liked and she seemed a bit angry with me. so i cant image telling me give me a lye relaxer instead of a no-lye and to not put the neutralizer first. i know i will get a tongue lashing. i observed the techniques they used(at mirror image) so i am cool with that. everyones hair who walks in and leaves is always healthy looking and bouncy and i have gone in for wash and sets and blowouts. so i am satisfied. i will ask if they have the motions if not i will just pick it up. anywho thank you all. oh and yeah it has been a while since i have been on here. i have been cramming with school and other activities but now my braids are coming out and they need help. God bless you all.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love dominican salons. Their hair is kinky like ours, but they sure know how to get the hair strait! :D Where I used to live, it only cost 20$ for a wash and set. Those were the days....sigh... :lol:

L

lkg4healthyhair

Natrlchallenge said:
I love dominican salons. Their hair is kinky like ours, but they sure know how to get the hair strait! :D Where I used to live, it only cost 20$ for a wash and set. Those were the days....sigh... :lol:

What do you mean those were the days... :grin: I pay $15 in NJ, and Mirror image in NY is $15 M-W and $18 the other days.

Gotta love the price :)

azul11

Man I cant believe how long ago that was LOL. wow...I stopped going to Mirror Image after two times and have been all over the place since. I no longer use lye relaxers or get braids...I now have a new stylist who doesnt bully me into getting stuff done that I dont want done...boy have times changed. God bless you all.