missing my fro

ericajoy

I miss my fro! I also miss my twa. I'm starting to think long hair for ME is overrated. I miss the ease of my short natural days and I miss my texture. (Though when I decided to texlax, I remember how long it used to take me to wash and detangle my hair. :ohwell:)

Anyway, I'm really thinking of chopping it off again. The thought has become more and more recurrent... I'm starting to think I'm a serial BC'er! This would be the third time!

Any thoughts???

100_1538.jpg

Erica & Eric (1)_1.JPG

Long hair aint for everybody! Personally, I think short and sassy on the right face beats WL thick no split hair anyday.:yep:

I really like your TWA in the second pic.

I miss my fro! I also miss my twa. I'm starting to think long hair for ME is overrated. I miss the ease of my short natural days and I miss my texture. (Though when I decided to texlax, I remember how long it used to take me to wash and detangle my hair. :ohwell:)

Anyway, I'm really thinking of chopping it off again. The thought has become more and more recurrent... I'm starting to think I'm a serial BC'er! This would be the third time!

Any thoughts???

View attachment 127247

View attachment 127251

I think you should wait a little longer before you chop. You look at that in-between stage where it's hard to do anything with your hair (I'm at that stage and my mom's constant comments about me needing to "do something with my nappy head" are working my last nerve). I am thinking about getting some braids just to get my hair out-of-sight-out-of-mind until it grows out a little more.

I think you should wait a little longer before you chop. You look at that in-between stage where it's hard to do anything with your hair...

^^This is why I tend to wait it out before cutting. There are finally some cute styles I can do at this length, but I find that I'm not interested in styling my hair. I like to get out of the shower and GO. That's what led me to BC the first two times.

BUT, I do sometimes like big fluffy hair. And I've worked hard to get to this length, and it feels a shame to just cut it off.

I guess that's the central dilemma...thank you for the thoughts and encouragement! Any other thoughts? Anyone else struggle with this?

If you really want the short hair, go for it! If you just want to cut it because of the in between awkward stage, rethink!

I've wanted to cut my hair down all the way for so many reasons, just never been brave enough to do so and now I'm not in that awkward stage anymore, I feel like it's ok for me to keep it this way.

But look at your reasons. And remember, your hair can always be grown out again.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I don't miss my TWA. I'm glad the days of folks saying," Excuse me sir" are over! :rolleyes: I looked very masculine when I BCD.:blush:

I agree with the poster who says you should wait until your hair is a little longer, maybe another 6-12 months. We're all here cuz we love long hair, so give yours a chance to get there before you make up your mind either way.

Slightly OT: Is that your dad in the 2nd pic? You guys look JUST alike.....SO beautiful!

You've been short before, so you probably understand what comes along with that territory and it seems like that's what you miss...Do what makes you happy!

I agree with the poster who says you should wait until your hair is a little longer, maybe another 6-12 months. We're all here cuz we love long hair, so give yours a chance to get there before you make up your mind either way.

Slightly OT: Is that your dad in the 2nd pic? You guys look JUST alike.....SO beautiful!

It is!! Isn't he a handsome man? :yep: Thank you for the compliment.

And thanks for the advice and comments, everyone. I will be mulling it all over... And will keep you ladies updated on either (a) my growth or (b) my haircut! We'll see. I will consider it carefully for a little while yet.

Just had an interesting thought, thinking about cutting again vs. growing. My hair right now is about SL, the longest it ever was in the past before my HHJ, and the longest it's been since my BC. I wonder how much of my urge to cut is wanting something familiar, instead of the uncertainty of continuing push forward toward something bigger (that I haven't had before).

And thinking how this is also a metaphor for where I am in my life right now, with career, money, and a few other things...

Just a thought!

Do what makes you happy. I hope my post didn't sway you.:nono: I have never been natural this long, so it is a new adventure to me.:lol:

Back