Mixing MN with MTG/BT

hothair

:yep: mix it with my MTG and use the BT straight [I alternate] I bc-ed in Feb (about 1 and a half - 2 inches?)I started this mix in June I can put my hair in a small ponytail:grin: I hope to continue this until my HYH reveal in Dec...

darkangel25

Yes. I've been doing this for a few weeks. First, I used MN with my BT, and now that I've run out, of that I am using up the rest of my MTG. It is really working well for me, not having any problems.

LadyZ

:yep: mix it with my MTG and use the BT straight [I alternate] I bc-ed in Feb (about 1 and a half - 2 inches?)I started this mix in June I can put my hair in a small ponytail:grin: I hope to continue this until my HYH reveal in Dec...

====
You put the MN in your MTG? Then use BT by itself on another day?...
So you are alternating using these 2 every other day?
I may try this:yep:

TIA

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I used an old wgo bottle to mix MTG and BT together. I filled the bottle 2/3rd of the way with MTG and added the BT. There is no smell because I have the scented BT. I got good growth from it. This is helping me to stretch my BT. I'm trying to not order anything until I move.

2007Grad

This might be a dumb question but if you get such great growth from BT, MN and MTG, why does anyone stop using them? I ordered MN and BT last night but I'm still a little hesitant.

alwayzalady22

This might be a dumb question but if you get such great growth from BT, MN and MTG, why does anyone stop using them? I ordered MN and BT last night but I'm still a little hesitant.

:yep: i always wonder the same thing...i've asked this question before, and some of the responses i've gotten include 'it stopped working as well,' 'it was too much growth at one time' (i will never understand that one :perplexed), etc...

lemme tell ya, i'm gonna start alternating BT and MN when i order some at the end of the week, and if it works fabulously, there is NO stopping until i reach my goal! :lick:

blazingthru

I stopped because I just can't do the same thing everyday so I use nothing. I just let my hair grow at its own pace. I am going back to using BT and then making my own. Mostly because I am wanting my hair to be longer to style it better before winter gets here.

SoforReal

I tried mixing them as an experiment. I applied it twice and couldn't stand it! It made me very nauseous to the point I had to take dramamine. :barf: :sick2:

meaganita

Its the active ingredient in yeast infection creams like Monistat. I think it's like Minoxidal or something like that....Don't feel like looking it up. But that's what it is....cooter cream!:lol:

DivaRox

What does MN stand for?

It's miconazole nitrate. It is an antifungal. Some people use vaginal creams which contain this or similiar 'zoles" as an active ingredient. The cream I use simply says Miconazole nitrate and is touted as an antifungal cream that cures most athlete foot.

To OP: I use the mn as a homemade spritz(dissolve 2% mn cream in filtered water) for my scalp. My primary usage was for growth. Coming from a rest period, I think it "woke" my scalp up from the resting stage. I would periodically stop applying because it was so time consuming and messy before I started dissolving it. I use it now because it has stopped my scalp from the unbearable flaking and it calms itching.

I stopped using the BT for the same reason-time consuming to apply + me being lazy. I have since started back and apply the BT once a day and the mn spritz about twice a day, to tame itchies, which flair up when I go longer than 3-4 days between washes. I haven't used it consistently enough to determine enhanced growth. Additionally, I am doing so many other things that it still wouldn't be fair to attribute extra(more than 1/2 inch) growth to any one method.

When I used them together in the past, and now in the present, I don't have any adverse side effects.

HoneyDew

I used to use MN. I stopped because it gave me headaches. Also, my hair was not acting right. Maybe it was the faster growth coupled with the fact that I have trouble stretching my relaxers anyway. I just stopped having consistent good hair days. Good hair days are more important to me than faster growth. I never figured out why the MN made my hair do that, but I think it may have caused some tangling maybe. I don't know. I just stopped using it all together.

When I used the antifungal cream by Derma Doctor, I did not have that problem. But, again, I got headaches.

I have never used any of the other products. I got a whiff of MTG and I would never use that stuff. I never tried BT.

I do like the Lenzi's Request Liquid and it gave me good growth while I was in braids. I have not used it since I am out of braids because I am afraid it will have the same effect as the MN did.

I will give it a try without braids, soon - no rush, though. :)

HoneyDew

Its the active ingredient in yeast infection creams like Monistat. I think it's like Minoxidal or something like that....Don't feel like looking it up. But that's what it is....cooter cream!:lol:

They are different. MN and other similar products are anti-fungals. For some reason antifungals boost hair growth.

Minoxidal is a totally different kind of product.

meaganita

They are different. MN and other similar products are anti-fungals. For some reason antifungals boost hair growth.

Minoxidal is a totally different kind of product.
Thanks!;) After I posted that, I actually did take the time to look it up and was like, "Oh, I was waaaay off.":lol:

HoneyDew

Thanks!;) After I posted that, I actually did take the time to look it up and was like, "Oh, I was waaaay off.":lol:

And girl you had me thinking about what the heck does Minoxidil actually do. One site said it is believed to block potassium build up. :look: Do they really know?!? :look:

hothair

====
You put the MN in your MTG? Then use BT by itself on another day?...
So you are alternating using these 2 every other day?
I may try this:yep:

TIA
Yeah it's been working GREAT I had 3 huge bottles of MTG and then ordered BT this allows me to use both, actually I've just run out of BT so will continue with my MTG/ MN mix.

Me personally, I stopped using MTG cause I didn't associate my growth at the time with it, [got it from a friend], then the smell got to me now I don't care going all out for that full shoulder length in December :grin: The MN or a combination of all 3 has been great for me especially my hairline...

meaganita

And girl you had me thinking about what the heck does Minoxidil actually do. One site said it is believed to block potassium build up. :look: Do they really know?!? :look:
Gurrrl, I typed Minoxidil/Minoxidal in a search engine and a whole bunch of stuff for men's hair loss/Rogaine came up. It's supposed to treat hypertension and male pattern baldness! Who knew? I thought I was making something up.:lachen: But it actually DOES re-grow hair.

Here's what Webster had to say:

Main Entry: mi·nox·i·dil
Pronunciation: m&-'näk-s&-"dil
Function: noun
Etymology: perhaps from amino + oxi- (alteration of oxy-) + piperidine + -yl
: a peripheral vasodilator C9H15N5O used orally to treat hypertension and topically in a propylene glycol solution to promote hair regrowth in male-pattern baldness

HoneyDew

Gurrrl, I typed Minoxidil/Minoxidal in a search engine and a whole bunch of stuff for men's hair loss/Rogaine came up. It's supposed to treat hypertension and male pattern baldness! Who knew? I thought I was making something up.:lachen: But it actually DOES re-grow hair.

Here's what Webster had to say:

Main Entry: mi·nox·i·dil
Pronunciation: m&-'näk-s&-"dil
Function: noun
Etymology: perhaps from amino + oxi- (alteration of oxy-) + piperidine + -yl
: a peripheral vasodilator C9H15N5O used orally to treat hypertension and topically in a propylene glycol solution to promote hair regrowth in male-pattern baldness

hypertension and hair regrowth! :lachen:

Windsy

I think I'm going to try mixing my BT with MN. I love BT and I'm interesed in trying MN (again).