mixture for stimulating faster hairgrowth/promoting general scalp and hair health

atl_mulattamami

jojoba oil (as the base)
lavender eo
rosemary eo
tea tree eo

all three of these essential oils are known to stimulate healthy, faster hair growth. they are also known for keeping a healthy scalp in general. as many know jojoba oil is the oil that is most similar to our own natural hair oils and is really good for the hair and scalp. so how do yall think this would work? im going to pick up some jojoba oil from the store this weekend and then ill mix the oils until i get a good scent and concentration from it. ill let you know how it goes and when i finish i will post the final recipe.

Last edited:
I am very interested in your results! I'd like to create a mixture of my own (or do I just want another excuse to go to the BSS :grin: )

Guyaneek

I purchased all of those oils except for the tea tree oil at Wholefoods store. I like the mixture but I added a little MTG to mine. So far, so good.
Good luck with it. I think I may pick up some of that tea tree oil.

vickid

Tea tree oil helps to reduce inflammation. According to my dermatologist, if you wear weaves, braides or are experiencing any kind of hair loss, tea tree oil will help to calm the scalp and promote growth. I've used it for almost a year and it has worked wonders! I also add tea tree oil to my Parnevu tea tree oil cream and I use that on my hair and ends.

Queenie

I looked up this info on the web last week. I'm trying to determine mix of oils I should use.

Let us know how it goes. I'm trying some experiments myself.

Victorian

old head
For those on a budget, or for those who don't feel like buying up a bunch of different oils, you might consider a pre-made blend. I use one by Aura Cacia called "Purify" that has patchouli, sage, peppermint and tea tree oil. Another one of theirs that I considered and looks beneficial to the scalp is the "Energize" blend, with lemon oil, rosemary, peppermint, and I think orange oil.
They sell them pure or already blended with carrier oils. I got just the pure eo's because I wanted to add it to something else, but if you plan on using it to oil your scalp or whatever, you can just get the bottled oil.