Mizani Butter Blends question - please HELP

FluffyRed

I did a touchup with Mizani Butter Blends - fine/colortreated on 8/26.

My hair was so texlaxed that I did a corrective on 9/9.

Basically, I feel like I've been stretching since 8/26.

Texlaxing is not working for me. My hair is too fragile, because of how fine it is. I don't want all the manipulation of detangling.

Six weeks will be up on 10/21. Kinda desperate here, Gentle Treatment is calling me. I don't want to go back to that "kit," because it's so gunky, it's hard to rinse out and always left me with chemical burns. But my hair always came out the right texture. (85% straight) And I have made it to SL using it in the past.

I don't think I can risk another attempt at fine-tuning the MBB-f/c right now. After I get my 1 inch twa-roots right, I'll try again in December, and leave it on for 25 minutes. (I have tried relaxing the root of one of my shed strands, with the bulb on it, for 25 minutes and it seems to STILL be too textured for me - hard to tell until i have to deal with them all together.)

Am I about to make a mistake?

ETA - what is the longest you would leave on a mild lye relaxer? It says max processing time should be 18 minutes.

Last edited:
I use Mizani BB mild and I leave it on till my hair is straight. However long that is.......I can not tell you. I don't follow the recommended time.
And.....I retouch every 8 weeks.

About it being a mistake.......honestly only you can answer that.

For me it wouldn't....I know what my hair can handle. I say go with what works for "Your" hair.

Last edited:
I leave in for max of 20 minutes, Mine doesn't come out bone straight, but with ovelapping of the next relaxer, believe me it will be straight eventually, lol. But even though the stylist try their best, overlap always happen, the best you can do is minimize overlap, but it always happens

Thanks. I am gathering a bunch of shed hairs to see if it's straight enough after 30 mins.

I really don't want to use that kit. I like not having a crusty scalp!

ETA - thanks ladies. I guess i just needed some courage.

It's hard to tell when my hair is straight, because as soon as I put the relaxer in, it lays so flat, even if it's not straightened. What I did was - strand tested some shed strands for 30 minutes. They were not limp, still wavy.

I applied the relaxer for 15 minutes, starting at the crown, ending in the front. Waited 20 minutes, so the front processed for 20, crown processed for 35. It came out pretty well. The ng at the crown still has some texture. Unfortunately, the ends are pretty much bone straight!

Last edited:
Back