Mizani relaxers

dream13

I've been getting my hair relaxed in a Dominican salon for the past nine months with Mizani's Sensitive Scalp formula, but um...I have no idea whether it's a lye or no-lye relaxer :look:.

I called the company, and they said that they are not allowed to divulge that information to the general public, because Mizani is a "professional" product, and only Mizani certified stylists are privy to product info :ohwell:. All the rep could tell me is that they do produce both lye and no-lye relaxers.

So help me out ladies, which formulas are which :spinning:?

TIA!!
Dream

VirtuousGal

I'm pretty sure that the "sensitve scalp formula" is no-lye. As a matter of fact, any relaxer alluding to the fact that its specifically for sensitve scalps is most likely going to be calcium based. As for the Mizani rep that is B.S. What if you were allergic and you just wanted to know before you got serviced with their products. Thats exactly how you turn customers away. You should have asked if her boss was there or you should maybe get her name and send in a complaint.

locabouthair

I'm pretty sure that the "sensitve scalp formula" is no-lye.[/B] As a matter of fact, any relaxer alluding to the fact that its specifically for sensitve scalps is most likely going to be calcium based. As for the Mizani rep that is B.S. What if you were allergic and you just wanted to know before you got serviced with their products. Thats exactly how you turn customers away. You should have asked if her boss was there or you should maybe get her name and send in a complaint.

I agree.....

lucy

Mizani Sensitive Scalp, in the lil tub to be mixed with the activator is No-Lye.

The regular one in the big tub that doesnt require mizing is Lye.

dream13

I'm pretty sure that the "sensitve scalp formula" is no-lye. As a matter of fact, any relaxer alluding to the fact that its specifically for sensitve scalps is most likely going to be calcium based. As for the Mizani rep that is B.S. What if you were allergic and you just wanted to know before you got serviced with their products. Thats exactly how you turn customers away. You should have asked if her boss was there or you should maybe get her name and send in a complaint.

Thanks for all of the replies ladies!

And ITA Kristal...their little "no-tell" policy is pure BS!

dream13

Mizani Sensitive Scalp, in the lil tub to be mixed with the activator is No-Lye.

The regular one in the big tub that doesnt require mizing is Lye.

Lucy, when you say "regular", do you mean the regular formula? Because the big tub that she uses says Sensitive Scalp, and I've never seen her mix anything.

PrettyBlackHair

speaking of mizani relaxers, i was just on the mizani site and i was looking at the butter blend relaxers. Has anyone tried the Mizani Butter Blend relxers? What did u think of them?

shadylane21

Dam@! ladies my stylists use's this but I don't know which one, I always assumed it was lye but now I don't know? I may be a no-lye girl and not even no it:lachen: Ahhwell I will found out when I get my touch-up on the 20th:grin: