Mizani Relaxers

MizaniMami

Well it is about that time for me to order a new tub of relaxer. Though I want to stay with Mizani, I am getting awfully curious about the Mizani Relaxer for fine/color treated hair. I know that there is no 100% way to combat damage from a relaxer but I was wondering if this can decrease it. I am highly statisfied from the Mizani reg. relaxer but I was wondering if this would work the same (straightening abilities) but yet not be so harsh.

Anybody here tried both, one or the other? What's you hair type and does it straighten or texturize your hair. Less burning? Less straightening??? All suggestions from mizani users (or who have used mizani) are welcome. Thanks in advance.

gradygirl

My hair is 4b and very course. I ordered a Mizani relaxer super strength from discount beauty on Sunday. Tuesday a lady named Paula called me from the store and said she called before sending my order to see why I ordered the relaxer in super strength and I told her that my hair was very resistant. She began telling me about the Mizani perm and she said in her opinion that she thought that the super would be too harsh on my hair that I would get good results from the regular strength. If you would like to talk to her about the Mizani relaxer her # is 1-800-755-3807, it will ring her extension on the 3rd option. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth26

I use the Mizani color treated/fine relaxer from sheledez. I'm not sure about my hair type I assume 4a/b. I leave it own for 10 to 13 minutes and my hair gets bone straight. I didn't really have to much problems with burning.

tallygirl

I have 4a hair, and use Mizani Normal/Medium mixed with a little EVOO. As a matter of fact, I relaxed my hair this morning after a 13 ½ week stretch, and the results were amazing. I never relax bone straight, only to about 80-85%. I didn't get any scalp burns. I based my scalp really, really well. I generally used Vaseline, but today I decided to try Sensitive Scalp Protector by Affirm and applied it heavily. Although I'm usually good with just putting the relaxer on my new growth only, I coat the relaxed portions of my hair with a mixture of EVOO, Amla oil and jojoba oil for protection should I accidentally get relaxer on them.

After rinsing the relaxer from my hair and prior to neutralizing, I used Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor, and cover with a plastic cap for about 5 minutes, to restore the softness and elasticity. (This step I adopted from Sistaslick…..this really makes a remarkable difference in my hair). My hair is soft, with lots of body by adding this step to the process, prior to neutralizing. I neutralize with Mizani Phormula 7 Neutralizing & Chelating Shampoo. Then deep condition for 1 ½ hours with a mixture of LeKlair Cholesterol, EVOO and Elucence Moisture Balancinc Conditioner (I seem to mix EVOO with everything, don’t I?....but it works for me).

MizaniMami

gradygirl said:
My hair is 4b and very course. I ordered a Mizani relaxer super strength from discount beauty on Sunday. Tuesday a lady named Paula called me from the store and said she called before sending my order to see why I ordered the relaxer in super strength and I told her that my hair was very resistant. She began telling me about the Mizani perm and she said in her opinion that she thought that the super would be too harsh on my hair that I would get good results from the regular strength. If you would like to talk to her about the Mizani relaxer her # is 1-800-755-3807, it will ring her extension on the 3rd option. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I called the number and she didn't answer but I did leave a message. Ileft her my phonenumber to call me back.

Also, thank you Meka and others.

Any other suggestions. I want to put in my order before Monday so I can hpefully have it by friday.

FlyyGyrl

I am a 4b and I self relax with Mizani mild. At first it was not getting my hair bone straight but then I tried blow drying the roots only right before relaxing and it worked great. I love it now. :)