Moisture mositure mositure

**Jade**

I need it.... 14n1 is starting to make my hair feel gunky and it doesn't move when I have it it flat ironed (I use it as a mist of my hair like a leave in before flat ironing) and the carrot hot six oil is making my hair shiney (and oily) but it doesn't feel moisturized... what to do? I did a carrot oil and Aphogee moisture balance DC last night it felt soft until it began to dry then it was like oily hay... anu suggestions?

Well, moisture is pure water. Try incorporating more water into your reggie and less product. Lots of products has stuff your hair can't absorb(fillers, so the bottle is bigger and looks like you have lots of product) and this is called build up. Why use it if it gunks up. Find something more tolerable for you hair. I would seal my ends with castor oil, spritz hair with aloe/glycerin/water and I bet you your hair will turn around. Also try DC'ing with olive oil mixed with honey. Girl, talk about soft hair when it's dry(as in not dripping wet...you know what I mean). I promise you, that DC works!

once again i have to agree with NG -

water is your friend. get to know her and invite her into your regimen...

WATER truly is the BEST and ONLY moisturizer our hair needs...

but of course don't forget to lock in your moisture with oil!
(water alone won't cut it :))

Yes, I agree with both ladies, water is OUR best friend, but I use wave nouveau moisturizing finishing lotion......and I used to use Hydratherma Natural Growth Lotion, I love this moisturizer also....

can i ask a qestion in regards to this? What ALL NAUtuRAL moisturisers that people are using?

Well, moisture is pure water. Try incorporating more water into your reggie and less product. Lots of products has stuff your hair can't absorb(fillers, so the bottle is bigger and looks like you have lots of product) and this is called build up. Why use it if it gunks up. Find something more tolerable for you hair. I would seal my ends with castor oil, spritz hair with aloe/glycerin/water and I bet you your hair will turn around. Also try DC'ing with olive oil mixed with honey. Girl, talk about soft hair when it's dry(as in not dripping wet...you know what I mean). I promise you, that DC works!

Okay now I'm gonna pm you to find out more of your homemade natural stuff..that olive oil and honey sounds real good. Are you using it in a conditioner or just all by itself? I've added both to conditioner mixes but never used just the two of them

i've heard many ladies say that the aphogee moisture balancing conditioner was not moisturizing enough. i think you need to clarify and use a deep moisturizing conditioner. i also agree with natural girl. Also, sometimes your hair can be dry b/c it needs protein. Or it could be dry because of too much protein. When was the last time you did a protein treatment?

i wouldnt use that 14 in 1 as a mist before any kind of flat ironing. what i would do is apply it to soaking wet hair, then seal, then add your heat protectant and rollerset or blow dry, THEN flat iron. on top of that, hot six oil (or pretty much any oil other than coconut/avocado) just locks in moisture, it doesn't moisturize itself, so it would be good to seal in moisture after the 14 in 1.

the most moisturizing DCs i have come across are lustrasilk cholesterol (shea butter or aloe vera), kenra mc, and gvp conditioning balm.

I need it.... 14n1 is starting to make my hair feel gunky and it doesn't move when I have it it flat ironed (I use it as a mist of my hair like a leave in before flat ironing) and the carrot hot six oil is making my hair shiney (and oily) but it doesn't feel moisturized... what to do? I did a carrot oil and Aphogee moisture balance DC last night it felt soft until it began to dry then it was like oily hay... anu suggestions?

You just need to use a clarifying shampoo. Seems like you have too much build up on your hair and none of the moisture is getting through.

Misting the hair before flat ironing is ok. Just make sure it dries first. But yeah clarify ASAP. Don't flat iron again until you do.

i'd recommend ntm silk touch leave-in. it's super light and also jane carter nourish and shine. it's a little heavier and you only need a dab (literally). i apply both to my ends at night and it's made a HUGE difference. hope this helps.

Back