Moisturizer to make hair soft

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I have been doing CO washes and wearing my hair in an assisted bun (fake). Last night I decided to do a roller set after my CO wash and I am happy with the results. However my question is what would your suggest to make my hair softer. I used Pantene Wrap and Set lotion and I liked it but my hair doesn't feel soft. Should I put something on my hair after I take the hair down or before.

Help!!!!

soslychic

Everyone has been recently raving about sta-sof fro and it's softening and detangling abilities. I would use it before you rollerset your hair.

A_Christian

The last time I did a conditioner wash I did the following and my hair was sooooo soft:
1. First I put Lustrasilk Creme Cholesterol on dry hair (The Green Super Detangling formula with aloe vera); I let it soak in for about 4 or 5 minutes.
2. Then I rinsed the cholesterol out and put Aubrey Organics GPB on all of my hair and left it on for 10 minutes with a plastic cap.
3. After rinsing out the GPB I applied Kera Care Humecto and left it on for 20 minutes with a plastic cap.
4. Next I rinsed the Humecto out and left lust (L'oreal Unfrizz smoothing treatment) on for about 3 or 4 minutes, then rinsed.
5. After I rinsed the lust out I sprayed all of my hair with Biolage Leave-In Tonic and did a roller set. For the roller set I used the turqoise,black, and brown roller rods from Sally's and sat under my hooded dryer under the medium heat setting for about an hour and a half.
Not all of the spiral curls were completely dry when I took the rollers out (but I was tired of sitting under the dryer,lol). Anyways, My hair was extremely soft and shiny for the next few days. Just add a few drops of Kera Care Essential oils to the ends every other day and the softness lastd for a whole week. I hope this routine can work just as well for you and others.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
The last time I did a conditioner wash I did the following and my hair was sooooo soft:
1. First I put Lustrasilk Creme Cholesterol on dry hair (The Green Super Detangling formula with aloe vera); I let it soak in for about 4 or 5 minutes.
2. Then I rinsed the cholesterol out and put Aubrey Organics GPB on all of my hair and left it on for 10 minutes with a plastic cap.
3. After rinsing out the GPB I applied Kera Care Humecto and left it on for 20 minutes with a plastic cap.
4. Next I rinsed the Humecto out and left lust (L'oreal Unfrizz smoothing treatment) on for about 3 or 4 minutes, then rinsed.
5. After I rinsed the lust out I sprayed all of my hair with Biolage Leave-In Tonic and did a roller set. For the roller set I used the turqoise,black, and brown roller rods from Sally's and sat under my hooded dryer under the medium heat setting for about an hour and a half.
Not all of the spiral curls were completely dry when I took the rollers out (but I was tired of sitting under the dryer,lol). Anyways, My hair was extremely soft and shiny for the next few days. Just add a few drops of Kera Care Essential oils to the ends every other day and the softness lastd for a whole week. I hope this routine can work just as well for you and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That's a whole lotta conditioners!
Is there any reason in particular for conditioning so many times?

sterry

Africa Best hair and Scalp Spray Comb out Conditioner for Extra Dry Hair. Yes, that's the name.
I used this while transitioning with a smidge of flax seed oil. It kept my hair soft and had little breakage.

I find Kiehls Silk Groom (a leave in moisturizer) leaves my hair very soft after a rollarset. Noticeably to the touch. Just shampoo and/or condition as usual, then slather some in concentrating on ends and rollarset!

Get samples from a dept store to see.

Allandra

My favorite all time moisturizer is Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom. It makes my hair nice and soft. I'm so glad someone introduced this product to me (during BHSGO days). I also use Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner (which moisturizes the hair as well).

CICI24

The B&B mayonnaise and honey conditioner cream is good I bought this a few days ago after someone recommended it.

LiqueXX

I only use s-curl when I wear my hair up. I don't think it works as good if you are wearing your hair down.
I like ORS Olive Oil as a moisturizer. I usually will wash and deep condition my hair, use a leave-in conditioner and then apply the ORS Olive Oil with some Kemi Oyl.