Moisturizing after a protein treatment

winona

I have been doing regular protein treatments(every 2 weeks) and I'm having a hard time moisturizing (getting my hair to feel soft afterwards) with conditioner. Most of my hair feels great but the crown just feels okay. What are you ladies using to moisturize after protein? I'm using Komaza Protein Conditioner and Dudley Hair Rebuilder as protein; Joico MR Balm, CJ Curl Rehab, Redken Buttercream, APB Ayurvedic mud mask as moisture. I have normal porosity hair. TIA:)

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I just did an Aphogee 2 step treatment yesterday, so I just rinsed it out and sprayed Annabelle's Moisturizing Leave-in and just let it air-dry for a bit then tied it down with a silk scarf. The relaxed hair loved it and so did the new growth.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Lately I've been using and loving Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. In the past, Silk Elements MegaSilk dc has been wonderful.

Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
aubrey organics white camellia conditioner
aubrey organics honeysuckle rose conditioner
Curlific Texture Treatment

winona

Thanks ladies for your replies. I will try AOWC next I think I may have two single packs of the ORS the following time if the AOWC doesn't work.

My crown gets soft after with leave in but I want it to start soft after my moisturizing dc if that makes sense.

ronie

I have been doing regular protein treatments(every 2 weeks) and I'm having a hard time moisturizing (getting my hair to feel soft afterwards) with conditioner. Most of my hair feels great but the crown just feels okay. What are you ladies using to moisturize after protein? I'm using Komaza Protein Conditioner and Dudley Hair Rebuilder as protein; Joico MR Balm, CJ Curl Rehab, Redken Buttercream, APB Ayurvedic mud mask as moisture. I have normal porosity hair. TIA:)
Silk dreams razzberry coconut affair. I love joico moisture recovery treatment balm and redken buttercream, but nothing softens, smooths and moisturizes like that silk dream RCA.

meka72

Silk dreams razzberry coconut affair. I love joico moisture recovery treatment balm and redken buttercream, but nothing softens, smooths and moisturizes like that silk dream RCA.

I totally agree! Mixing RCA with Jessicurl Deep Treatment also works extremely well.

julzinha

I don't think the problem is your DC. I think after the protein treatment you need to do a light poo with a moisturizing shampoo like CON Argan Oil or Elucencd MBS

mshoneyfly

I don't think the problem is your DC. I think after the protein treatment you need to do a light poo with a moisturizing shampoo like CON Argan Oil or Elucencd MBS

I always do a light poo after protein too and My hair still wants a moisture DC after Joico MR. I guess its bc of all the amino acids and keratin in there.

The SM Superfruit 10-in-1 masque is a good moisture DC for my texturized hair as well as AOHSR mixed with Giovanni SAS. Also SM Manuka Honey & Mufara oil masque works for me

I LOVE this HHJ!!

snookes

Thanks ladies for your replies. I will try AOWC next I think I may have two single packs of the ORS the following time if the AOWC doesn't work.

My crown gets soft after with leave in but I want it to start soft after my moisturizing dc if that makes sense.
It took me 8 months for my crown to become soft with deep conditioning twice a week either Giovanni SAS