Monistat (miconazole nitrate) for growth: UPDATES?

fluffylocks

MTG - Shapley's Original 'Mane-Tail-Groom'

Do you use it chocalate?
( i was just wondering because earlier in the thread you was like LMAO in real big letters....i was like does she think its stupid?)

Im about to try this stuff though, because i dont feel like ordering anything off line, hope i get some good results!:yep:

PrettyBlackHair

I tried selling my Derma Doctor cream in the Exchange forum but I will psot this here for anyone interested.

I don't use MN anymore, but when I did, this product was the best I had ever used. It was not drying and was even more like a moisturizer for my NG. They retail for $34 each and I have a new tube, still in the box, that have never been used. I am willing to part with it for $20 including shipping.

The tube is 4 oz, so it is really not that expensive when you look at how much other MN products cost. They can be really expensive

Here's some info on it: http://www.drugstore.com/qxp138722_...compli_ultimate_antifungal_pedicure_cream.htm

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Miconazole Nitrate (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polysorbate 85, Cyclomethicone, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Gel (Aloe Vera), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Carbomer, Stearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (White Tea), Panthenol, Superoxide Dismutase, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Matricaria Chamomilla Flower Extract (Chamomile)

PM me if anyone is interested.

Honeydew If this worked so well why did you stop using it? Did it stop working over time or something?

Shariracquel

Ladys is this really fact I searched the web on this topic and I did not find anything that talks about monistat or neosporin increasing hair growth can someone send me a link or something about this becuz if this is so I'm going to the pharmacy right now girls could be just what my crazy mind of its own nap been calling for. LOL

yodie

MN has been working for me.
It's the best growth aid that I've come across in a long time.

Coffee

It is working for me :yep:. I started a 30 trial period on November 26th and as of today, I have at least 1/4 of new growth. My 30 day trial is over on the 26th of December and that's when I'll be posting pictures :drunk:.

glam-

Hmmm, I've held off on this trend for a while, but you guys' results are making me think I have to pick up some MN tomorrow. Truth be told after reading some of the reports in this thread and the other one, I almost left the house tonight to go get some and make my own mix. :ninja:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I used MN before and got really good results from it. I fell off the bandwagon though cause that stuff aint cheap:nono: But I do plan to start to using it again along with BT and hopefully I'll get some good results again.

LABETT

I bought the Family Dollar brand and it works better than the Walmart and Dollar General brands.
I also noticed that every Family Dollar stores MN is always sold out in my town-6 stores :sad:

pazyamor

I finally jumped on the darn bandwagon, and have been applying my own MN mix on my nape (where I shaved it off for my Kelis-do), I think I've been using it for about a week...and my already0tangled NG is outrageous! Not to say that it's growing superfast, but it is definetly becoming harder to run my fingers through...just an FYI. I'm on a 30-day trial for my nape, before I shell out the cash for a nightly full-head application. I'll check back in in January with final results...and hopefully a picture.

misskris816

I've used MN before but became lazy and stopped applying it. I can definitely say that when I did use it, I noticed (and felt) more new growth than usual. I just started using MN again the other day and I felt the growth tingles the very next day. I mix my MN with LR (Lenzi's Request).

Babydall818

I am about to try this ! I keep hearing about it and got the itch
So do you always mix it with oils MN ladies or straight on the scalp?

LongHairDreams

I am about to try this ! I keep hearing about it and got the itch
So do you always mix it with oils MN ladies or straight on the scalp?

The majority of people mix it with oils, as do I (sulfer 8 grease and peppermint oil). Some use it by itself but say it is drying. Its applied onto the scalp. I apply it every other day.

Last edited:

pistachio

I just started doing MN and I think the lady at the wal-mart u-scan thinks I have serious problems. I've gone in there everyday for the past three days buying 1-2 boxes of monistat a day. I see her look at me like she pity's me for my "problems". I need to switch it up and shop at different places, I guess!! :lachen:

LongHairDreams

I just started doing MN and I think the lady at the wal-mart u-scan thinks I have serious problems. I've gone in there everyday for the past three days buying 1-2 boxes of monistat a day. I see her look at me like she pity's me for my "problems". I need to switch it up and shop at different places, I guess!! :lachen:

I either said it here or in another thread that people are going to think there is an epidemic of yeast infections in the black community.:lachen:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm a newbie to this site but trying to get in where I fit in....:grin:

I'm sold on MN( I use the family dollar brand)
This pic was taken Oct 2007

and I took this one December 20 2007

I can't figure out how to take a picture of the back of my head! sorry ladies!

The only think I have been doing different to my hair is nightly MN

I'm sold!
I do plan to add sulfur to my regimen in the real near future!

I am a 4a natural I believe. Im still learning all of the terminology!

Peace and blessings!

Amazing progress!!!

SUZIEq

Oh My!!!!! This is too funny:lachen::lachen::lachen: Those are the things I think about too if I decide to try this :rolleyes:

Colliecole

WOW @ this entire thread!! I'm def going to start using this after my BC in Jan:yep::yep:

Thanks everyone for all the info!!!

EMJazzy

Happily retired

I'm sold!

Peace and blessings!

:shocked: YOU GROW GIRL!! :up:

Fine 4s

I'm sold!

Peace and blessings!

Yah, I'm a newbie too and can't wait to finish my BT to get on this bandwagon...[whipping my horse]