Miconazole Nitrate...Monistat & Dandruff

tiara76

I did a search on why people use this in their hair and it seems most try it for faster growth and I've seen a few mention it helps dandruff, but nobody who says they tried it to treat dandruff as of yet in my browsing.....Im sure its been mentioned, but has anybody used it to treat dandruff...my problems with dandruff have got to be more than just dry scalp it seems and maybe I need to try an anti - fungal like
Miconazole Nitrate found in monistat

does anybody else use it for this purpose? And if so, did it help the dandruff situation?

HeavenlySkies

You might want to try smelly Shapley's MTG...I had CRAZY flakes but after using that for a few days it was gone haven't had any problems since.

HeavenlySkies

Yeah that's the one I used back then but it smells like bacon just so u know now and it's very oily but it works. There should be only one shapley's m-t-g that comes up.

tiara76

I did find it online....I don't know....I may order it and see........

anybody else on the monistat and dandruff....?

HoneyDew

I cannot give any personal experience, but it is known that anti-fungals often help with dandruff. If you look into Ketoconazole Shampoos like Nizoral, they are labeled to help with dandruff.

Tea Tree oil is other antifungal that can help with dandruff.

So I can see Miconazole Nitrate helping, as well.

mistee11

I did find it online....I don't know....I may order it and see........

anybody else on the monistat and dandruff....?

I am currently using miconazole nitrate to treat my dandruff. Since I started using it, I've noticed that my dandruff has been under control and I don't experience the intense itching and flaking that I'm used to getting. Now I'm not certain but I'm also using BT (i even add it to my mn mix along with other EOs and herbs) so it's probably a combo of all these things that's helping me. HTH

tiara76

I am currently using miconazole nitrate to treat my dandruff. Since I started using it, I've noticed that my dandruff has been under control and I don't experience the intense itching and flaking that I'm used to getting. Now I'm not certain but I'm also using BT (i even add it to my mn mix along with other EOs and herbs) so it's probably a combo of all these things that's helping me. HTH

thnx mama.. how do u use it....u apply to scalp and let it sit for awhile....or a day..or how long before you wash it out?

Hidden_Angel

thnx mama.. how do u use it....u apply to scalp and let it sit for awhile....or a day..or how long before you wash it out?

Most do it for a day or so, while others wait until the end of their "wash week" It all depends on you. I normally leave it overnite and wash it in the morning, you dont want it to set on your hair and never wash it, it well cause build up and defeat the whole purpose for having a clean scaple which equals a healthy scaple.

:grin:I love it but i can give you slight heahachs, so use it wisely (the MTG), THE mn not so much.

tiara76

Most do it for a day or so, while others wait until the end of their "wash week" It all depends on you. I normally leave it overnite and wash it in the morning, you dont want it to set on your hair and never wash it, it well cause build up and defeat the whole purpose for having a clean scaple which equals a healthy scaple.

:grin:I love it but i can give you slight heahachs, so use it wisely (the MTG), THE mn not so much.

so you use both MTG and the monistat.....at the same time or seperately...?

Hidden_Angel

so you use both MTG and the monistat.....at the same time or seperately...?

Differnet times, I alternate so my hair wont get use to one thing, just like if im taking any vitimans I'll do it for a month then i'll lower my dosage then stop for a while, then I'll start back up,

You dont have to use a whole like for MN, just part your hair and slap it on there :grin: . I normally where a cap at nite then wash it our the morning.