More than 1/2 inch NG, 1 month post!

Stella B.

As of my last shampoo a few days ago, I couldn't help but notice that my roots had their own natural curl pattern going on; and quite a bit of it too! My first thought was it must be time for a touch-up. My second thought (after looking at the calendar) was nope, I just had a re-touch a month ago! WOW! It normally takes about 8 weeks for me to even notice my NG, but today its clearly visible in just 4 weeks after relaxing! Usually my roots grow the normal 1/2 inch a month, sometimes less. When NG starts poppin in quicker than normal its worth a few moments of reflection time to think about why the recent surge in growth? What have I done differently and consistently over the past month?
These 2 things:

1). Diet and vitamin improvement
I am an "egglet" hair cocktail drinker thanx to Br*nzeb*mbshll. Yeah Bronze!!! I accepted the "Drink Your Way to Waistlength Hair-I am" challenge to improve my hair and body health overall. This egg, vitamin/protein drink is designed to feed the body and hair from the inside out. It's an awesome nutritious feel good drink for the body. There's lots of info in this thread to help you jumpstart your way to a better you, right here on LHCF!

2). Frequent Dusting
Went out and bought a professional pair of hair shears so I can do frequent dustings as needed over the next six months. I am working on getting my ends healthier too, as my hair grows.
These are the only 2 things I have done differently outside of my normal weekly hair routine since January. It's always exciting to see your new growth coming in, cause thats positive proof that the hair is g-r-o-w-i-n-g every day! I just wanted to share...you all have been so supportive in helping me on my journey!!! No, I won't be getting another perm anytime too soon. I'm still on my usual 17 week stretch for now. Hoping I can handle my new luscious roots for another 13 weeks or longer!:drunk:

Here's some pics of my new growth!!

fobaker

Are you drinking a alot of water to obtain this growth also. I have to force myself to drink water and was wondering if it is an important factor.

Stella B.

Are you drinking a alot of water to obtain this growth also. I have to force myself to drink water and was wondering if it is an important factor.
I'm still working on increasing my water intake. I drink one-two 20 oz. bottles of distilled water daily. I'm trying to figure out how to increase that amount without running to the bathroom every five minutes. :ohwell: Water just goes right through me!! Water is definitely beneficial to hair growth, and I am actually getting a little more liquid and water with the hair cocktail mix

LivingDol1

that is so exciting! i am curious about this egg protein cocktail. i'm going to have to check out that thread!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

StellaB~

Congratulations!!!!!

That is so awesome! The Waistlength Cocktail is the truth, ain't it? I'm so psyched about your growth spurt...I appreciate you sharing - with photos to boot! That should appease quite a few folks who were curious for proof that the cocktail is what it says it is...

I can just imagine where you'll be in six months :spinning::drunk::yep:...Your hair is pretty already, it'll be sooper drool-worthy later...We're glad to have ya as an Egglette,

luv ya~
Br*nze~

As of my last shampoo a few days ago, I couldn't help but notice that my roots had their own natural curl pattern going on; and quite a bit of it too! My first thought was it must be time for a touch-up. My second thought (after looking at the calendar) was nope, I just had a re-touch a month ago! WOW! It normally takes about 8 weeks for me to even notice my NG, but today its clearly visible in just 4 weeks after relaxing! Usually my roots grow the normal 1/2 inch a month, sometimes less. When NG starts poppin in quicker than normal its worth a few moments of reflection time to think about why the recent surge in growth? What have I done differently and consistently over the past month?
These 2 things:

1). Diet and vitamin improvement
I am an "egglet" hair cocktail drinker thanx to Br*nzeb*mbshll. Yeah Bronze!!! I accepted the "Drink Your Way to Waistlength Hair-I am" challenge to improve my hair and body health overall. This egg, vitamin/protein drink is designed to feed the body and hair from the inside out. It's an awesome nutritious feel good drink for the body. There's lots of info in this thread to help you jumpstart your way to a better you, right here on LHCF!

2). Frequent Dusting
Went out and bought a professional pair of hair shears so I can do frequent dustings as needed over the next six months. I am working on getting my ends healthier too, as my hair grows.
These are the only 2 things I have done differently outside of my normal weekly hair routine since January. It's always exciting to see your new growth coming in, cause thats positive proof that the hair is g-r-o-w-i-n-g every day! I just wanted to share...you all have been so supportive in helping me on my journey!!! No, I won't be getting another perm anytime too soon. I'm still on my usual 17 week stretch for now. Hoping I can handle my new luscious roots for another 13 weeks or longer!:drunk:

Here's some pics of my new growth!!

Stella B.

that is so exciting! i am curious about this egg protein cocktail. i'm going to have to check out that thread!

You and me both.

OP - Congrats on the growth!

Yea, there's a lot of ideas, information sharing, drink recipe sharing and working thru the kinks each day on our 220 page plus thread. Heck, reading through the thread itself is a good read, if you can't put your hands on a copy of author Mary Ann Crenshaws book The Natural Way to Super Beauty. I am learning so much! Would love to have you join us LivinDol1 and nycutiepie on our "eggscellent" :yep: hair venture!

Last edited:

Stella B.

StellaB~

Congratulations!!!!!

That is so awesome! The Waistlength Cocktail is the truth, ain't it? I'm so psyched about your growth spurt...I appreciate you sharing - with photos to boot! That should appease quite a few folks who were curious for proof that the cocktail is what it says it is...

I can just imagine where you'll be in six months :spinning::drunk::yep:...Your hair is pretty already, it'll be sooper drool-worthy later...We're glad to have ya as an Egglette,

luv ya~
Br*nze~

Now Bronze, you know I just had to share a little bit with those folks who are truly curious. This drink is so beneficial in many different ways, you can't help but want to share the good news with others! I like to keep things simple, so I will try to include pics whenever I can, cause a picture is worth 1000 words! So glad I'm on the egglet team! Thanks for the compliments. Don't know how much growth I'll have six months from now, but I do know one thing-my hair will be healthy!