Most Important Supplement for Hair Growth

vtoodler

Other than Biotin, what do you think is the most important supplement/vitamin for hair growth/health?

Which supplement has done the most to help you achieve your health hair goals?

Here are a few that LHCF ladies like:

1. Silica
2. MSM
3. Fish Oil
4. B-complex
5. Gelatin

Last edited:

HauteHippie

I still really like Nioxin Recharging Complex. Behind that comes iron if you're deficient, spirulina, omega 3-6-9 and that's about it. I take msm for my knees, I never noticed any boost of growth when taking it alone. It was the first supplement bandwagon I jumped on, though I always take a multi (New Chapter).

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

lilyofthenile

I like MSM. I've had more results from MSM than regular multivitamins or hair skin and nail vitamins. The results weren't drastic, but my edges really thickened up.

sunnieb

Before I found LHCF, a lady I knew with BSL hair said fish oil gave her the most growth. She also oiled her ends so that helped with retention.

Great thread!

Sent from my Comet

Krystle~Hime

Before I found LHCF, a lady I knew with BSL hair said fish oil gave her the most growth. She also oiled her ends so that helped with retention.

Great thread!

Sent from my Comet
sunnieb
fish oil taking internally or externally ? and on ends, it was also fish oil?
do you remind ?? :lick:

Krystle~Hime

Sorry my original post was unclear! :)

She took the fish oil pills (omega 369 I think). She didn't tell me what she oiled her ends with.

Sent from my Comet

at least thanks, it was because I have a big 16oz bottle of fish oil, never opened and was exciting about having a use for it :p lol !

SmilingElephant

I've been taking Fish Oil for a while now. I take it for heart and brain health although I've heard it's good for hair too. Sometimes I get inconsistent with it. I've tried MSM before and I saw a difference in my nails...I should get back on it as I have been suffering from achy joints more frequently lately.

Nonie

vtoodler, as I told you when you asked this very question before in this thread, the answer to this question depends on what deficiency each person had. If someone isn't consuming enough oily fish, then they will notice a difference if they supplement their diet with fish oil pills. If someone isn't eating biotin rich foods--which by the way are so many that one would have to be eating raw eggs to be biotin deficient--then taking biotin will make a difference. If someone is eating healthily and a well-varied diet, they probably will find no supplement makes a difference to them.

You will end up going broke trying to get the magic potion that got Shaniquah that butt length hair. You're better off getting a multi that supplies all, so you're not missing out on anything. That's a sure way of getting them all without risk of toxicity.

biancaantoinette

my doctor got me on MARLYN FORUMULA 50 a while ago when I experienced hair loss. I was inconsistent with it in the beginning but in the end it made a visible difference in thickness and strength..

I was suprised no one was really talking about it on here as it has great reviews on lots of websites.
PROS:
sweet taste to it
plastic outer shell helps me swallow easier
results!
CONS:
pretty big pill (I have really bad gag reflexes)
directions say take them like 3 times a day or something stupid like that. and it makes it hard to remember it
also its a little pricey considering how often you have to take it ( I think you can get away with just 2x a day)

check it out ladies definately worth a try!

nymane

I think a good multivitamin should be the foundation, but other than that I like Bamboo Silica

HauteHippie

I have seen a turn around in my hair since my doctor started me on the little red iron pills.

Not sure if you mean the prescription ones or not, but I take the little red no-name ones and they helped me more than the Slow Fe ones.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

PJaye

For me, it was increasing my water intake, which was difficult because I cannot stand it. I don't know if this qualifies as a supplement though.