MOTIONS is the bomb (my reveiw)

Caramela

When I first started using the MOTIONS line, I'd read many things on this board and (to be honest) got scared of the potential problems this could cause my hair. I was nervous. I aint gon' lie. But I also heard that people didn't like the MOTIONS relaxer and I always loved it. Some say it doesn't relax straight enough but I use the mild formula and it's gentle and straightens my hair just enough.
Before I started using this line, my ends were getting very dried out, and I was getting more breakage. I also had more split ends (remember my dusting addiction?? I haven't picked up a pair a scissors for a minute now!)
Anyway, I've also been doing the Shamboosie method of washing atleast 2x per week and the deep conditioning. I'm also blowdrying and using the ponytail method and flexirods at night.
Well, to make a long story a little bit shorter, MOTIONS is the bomb. I hardly have any hair in my comb when I comb my hair out from washing. When I was doing CO washes, I had a like a good tennis ball size of hair loss, now I lose less than 10-20 hairs (estimation). It's so few, I can't make a "ball". Therefore my hair has gotten thicker and has a healthy glow and is soft and bouncy and full of life (do I sound like a commercial yet?). And my ends!!! They have this pomade stuff, that looks like it has sparkles in it. I put that on my ends at night before putting it up and my ends are no longer dry. They're soft and pliable, shiny and straight as opposed to dried out and frizzy.
I am using the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler, hair dress (which is just some ol' grease :lol: ) oil sheen, pomade and my baby... the oil moisturizer. I've been moisturizing nightly as well.
My hair was in good condition before. But now, if I say so myself, it's in GREAT condition. I am back in love with my hair :love:
I guess it's true that you have to see what works for you. I have found the brand that I will remain loyal to. It's affordable and my hair is benefiting. I think I got atleast an inch if not an inch and a half of growth this month!

Its cool when you find a whole line that works for you, huh? For me the Motions Line is really hit or miss, I love the Salon Herbals Oil Sheen to death, moisture and shine all day. The new weightless hairdress is nice too so far.

I am in total agreement with you Caramela. I loooooove Motions. All of my hair products are by Motions with the exception of two oil products and Infusium 23. I use the moisturizing relaxer, neutralizing, conditioning and CPR poos, and the CPR, and moisturizing, conditioners, setting lotion and pomade. I also feel that I get the greatest benefit from using the whole line of products. It sounds like a lot, but these are the only hair products I have. It's simplifies things tremendously. The line offers a large enough variety of product that virtually all of my hair needs are satisfied. I'm going to stop now; I feel like a Motions commercial (and I'm not even getting paid).

One question, doesn't the hairdress have alcohol in it? That's the only reason I stayed away from it.

Back