Motions Moisture Plus????

princessdi

I love the way this conditioner makes my hair feel after a deep conditioning treatment; however, it is my understanding that it contains silicones, which some people think is bad for the hair because of the build up it creates. My question is, if I continue to use Motions Moisture Plus as a deep conditioner and then, during my weekly washes, use Mane'n Tails' clarifying shampoo, should I be okay using the cone-based product? I hoping that using the clarifying shampoo will cut down on the product build up.:rolleyes:

My favorite conditioner is Mizani Moisturefuse, but it's so expensive compared to Motions Moisture Plus and I almost get the same benefits except Mizani Moisturefuse doesn't contain cones.

ayoung

I like this too.

I think you'd be fine with the Clarif. shampoo weekly---although you may be ok with once per month too--just depends on your hair. Just watch for drying....

KBA

I just re-discovered this myself. I like it as a deep conditioner, but I have to rotate it with other conditioners, and use a clarifier (keracare 1st lather) the next time I wash.

Barbara

Princess
I've been using it for three years now, and my stylists likes it better on my type 4a/b hair than my Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment which incidentally costs $59.99 plus shipping for a 40 ounce tub, but it's still good. :dance7: This is my number one conditioner.

My Motions Moisture Plus costs me $19.50 for an 80 ounce tub. It works fine with olive oil, but it works better--just as good as Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment--when I "doctor it up" with oils, butters, glycerin, other conditioners, detanglers, etc. :superbanana: I didn't even want to go to the salon for my appointment. That's just how good my hair looked and felt.

I guess their like "apples and oranges." I really can't compare the two, since I get the same results. :clap:

Last edited: